looking for a black 17" Saddle

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
persimmoncf said:
You have got to get the crust off daily with scrubbing it with Betadine/warm water. That crust will trap the pus and create an absess/pocket of infection.

You said pus :whistle:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
persimmoncf said:
where did the Im BAAAACK thread go? It got moved...where?

Im sure thats a good thing!!

I'll be conceited and think its because i questioned Vrai on her Admin/Mod practices

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
persimmoncf said:
where did the Im BAAAACK thread go? It got moved...where?

Im sure thats a good thing!!

I thought it was only me. And I've been weally weally good. :razz: But what the he!!s up with that kitty. I tried to tell er that if she keeps mess'n wwith NOMO it will be :buttkick: .

mingiz

Horse Poor
SAHRAB you wouldn't see this place from the road. It's off the interstate South 1 and the road that it's on is like going to some ones private property. They do have a web site..Nothing to brag about. You can barter with them. They are open on Sunday til 5 and they will take out of state checks. Another good place is Crawford Saddlery in Ruckersville, Va. Good Luck
www.championsaddlery.com

fredsaid2

appyday said:
What did you come up with for prices on show saddles? Look up custom stuff from Phil Harris..I have 2 of his..had to sell many horses to buy them...just a schooling saddle..rough out leather...NO silver was $2500

Oh my goodness gracious!! I just saw a used PH w/ minimal silver at $5600. I checked out his website too, awesome saddles! Didn't see prices, must not want to give you sticker shock till you see the saddle in person. Sounds like they easily retain their value. On another board someone has the tag line "Equus Makeus Brokus", how true :smile:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
In the October issue of the LOMH newsletter:

17" Dark Brown Circle Y saddle 500.Firm (was over 1000 new) Great shape 443-271-4078

17" Courbett Stylist Close contact saddle Regular width tree w/stirrup leathers 400.00 Jackie 410-987-0640

Black Tennessee Western saddle basket weave 650.00 (no size) Diana 717-880-5293

fredsaid2

appyday said:
http://www.harrisleather.com/images/users/1/headstalls/headstall_G1-TH.jpg

Actually mine is a two ear...straight silver not ferrils like pictured....I got the 4 squares that make a diamond that is what is on my saddle..silver buckle ..and keeper and tip...NO silver diamonds on the bottom of the cheek piece and one small diamond on the bottom...I had to get it down to this to afford the $550 I think the one pictured was amost $800. I have never used it..

Wow, nice! How do you keep the silver clean? Must only come out of it's special bag to show then straight back. See, now I should show hubby all this so he can see how much I'm saving by going english! Oops, then I'd have to fess up to what I am paying......