Looking for a "child friendly" church

This_person

No, a bebe in arms that is teething. Any crying they shoot the "look" at you. I've seen others that say they stopped going for the same reason.
If it's disruptive, that's probably a fair look. :shrug:

Is there a baby room (soundproofed, service piped in through speakers)?

If not, perhaps it's time to put one in if people are leaving the church.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
When the crying starts...

No, a bebe in arms that is teething. Any crying they shoot the "look" at you. I've seen others that say they stopped going for the same reason.
Do you immediately get up and leave with the baby until s/he calms down or do you sit there and let it wail?

L

lugebob

No matter where you are people are going to look when they hear a baby crying or anything that makes a noise, but I know what you mean.....THE LOOK... I can't promise you you wont get the look from some at our church, but there are many babies and people accept that as normal. We do provide a crying room for parents to bring kids that are making a big and continuous fuss though. The room is at the back of the church has one way glass into the hall and has the music and pastors mic piped into it so you can still hear the message while tending to your child.... Some parents use it just for a few minutes till the "fit" is over..

Kids do what kids do as they are growing, but you do not want to spoil the message for everyone else

itsbob

I bowl overhand
In St Mary's or Charles co. I'm tried of "the looks" from the grumpy old women where I have been going. I would think that churches would welcome the next generation with open arms. That would be the Christian thing to do, right?

You're a paying customer, complain to the manager.

PJumper

If it's disruptive, that's probably a fair look. :shrug:

Is there a baby room (soundproofed, service piped in through speakers)?

If not, perhaps it's time to put one in if people are leaving the church.

Agree with This_Person. It's good a good thing to bring the children to church but make sure that they are disciplined enough to stay put while in church. If they can sit tight for 2 hours watching Shrek or Happy feet or other movies for the kids, then they should be able to sit tight for an hour in church. For little babies, yes there is a "Cry Room" so the rest of the parishioners won't be distracted.

caramelalb

My daughter in law and son are having this problem too out of state. Most churches in their area do not have a nursey anymore due to insurance cost. They have a 3 month old they want to get baptized and raise in the church but are having trouble finding one. Alot of young families do not go to church anymore and that's really a shame. When my were young and we were living in another state the church had a "crying" room where parents could go and sit and hear the service piped into the room.

charlesctygal

Good Shepard Methodist Church or Peace Lutheran Church, both in Waldorf, Maryland on Smallwood Drive. Both have many children in their congregations.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The Mormon church (Rollling Rock Rd) is HUGE on family and children, provide a nursery/ daycare.. mother's room..

You should check them out.. they're better Christians than all the other churches anyway.

ctande

The church I've been attending is very small usually only about 25 people most sundays....no nursery...no sunday school....no baby room and usually no other children on sundays. I think I just need to "move on". But its a shame because the church will not have the next generation to pass onto. I go there because it was my grandmother's church but she's gone now.

vbailey

vbailey
Lifestream Church of the Nazarene on Rte 5 in Waldorf, just before you get to Grace Brethen. I've been going there since 1999. Lots of kids, you'll like it!

Home

I go to a Nazarene Church too..Leonardtown, we don't have many children we are small,but we do have Sunday School and Childrens church ( during service ) when the children come, we would love to have more children. You are welcome to visit us any time.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
In St Mary's or Charles co. I'm tried of "the looks" from the grumpy old women where I have been going. I would think that churches would welcome the next generation with open arms. That would be the Christian thing to do, right?

I go to Life Community Church of God on Chancellors Run Road. I teach ages 3-5. How old are your children? We have Sunday for all ages and Childrens Church/Nursery.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I have been told about a church on Chancellor's Run Road that I want to go to. I've been wanting to check it out for the last 2 weeks, but due to issues I have not been able to. I can't remember the name of the church, but Sunday School starts at 10:00, and then mass starts at 11:00, and the kids have a separate mass service from the adults. I hear it's a really good non-denominational church.

It isn't mass, Roxy. It's a regular service. I can't wait to see you guys there!

aosmiles

We go to Crossroad Christian Church in St. Leonard. Yes, it is in Calvert. We live in St. Mary's. We have three small children and the members are friendly and loving. We have been there for several years. This is not a competition to see who has the best church or the best Christianity. Everyone has to find their fit. Crossroad in inter denominational. We love our kids. We have cry rooms and a nursing room in the sanctuary so you won't miss the church service. I use them regularly with my baby. We have a great children's program and teen program. The kids do have their own service from worship to lessons, but they are free to remain with the parents, too. Check out Home. I hope you find what you are looking for!

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
We go to Crossroad Christian Church in St. Leonard. Yes, it is in Calvert. We live in St. Mary's. We have three small children and the members are friendly and loving. We have been there for several years. This is not a competition to see who has the best church or the best Christianity. Everyone has to find their fit. Crossroad in inter denominational. We love our kids. We have cry rooms and a nursing room in the sanctuary so you won't miss the church service. I use them regularly with my baby. We have a great children's program and teen program. The kids do have their own service from worship to lessons, but they are free to remain with the parents, too. Check out Home. I hope you find what you are looking for!

You are exactly right. I looked for a church before I even came up here. I had to feel comfortable. I picked out a few that were in my denomination (and that I could find since I was new !)and settled on the one where I felt God's presence the most and felt that I would be fed and that I had something to give as well.

Geek

I have learned that "the look" about 98% of the time is just women trying to get a peak at a baby. The newborn/infant cry always causes me to look and try and see the baby. I always think of when my children were that small. I think the evil look is more for the 4 year old that keeps slapping Mom in the face while screaming "I want that!"

Maybe you should approach the woman that gave you "the look" and ask them if the baby is disturbing their worship :shrug: You might be surprised to find out that it's not all about you.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
You should check them out.. they're better Christians than all the other churches anyway.

:lmao:

"Hitchin' up the buggy, churnin' lots of butter
Raised a barn on Monday, soon I'll raise another
Think you're really righteous? Think you're pure in heart?
Well, I know I'm a million times as humble as thou art

I'm the pious guy the little Amlettes wanna be like
On my knees day and night scorin' points for the afterlife
So don't be vain and don't be whiny
Or else, my brother, I might have to get medieval on your heinie
"

:lmao:

poster

The church I've been attending is very small usually only about 25 people most sundays....no nursery...no sunday school....no baby room and usually no other children on sundays. I think I just need to "move on". But its a shame because the church will not have the next generation to pass onto. I go there because it was my grandmother's church but she's gone now.

If it means that much to you I'd speak to the pastor, reverend - not sure which denomination you are. I bet you'll find that something can be arranged. Are there two services? Sometimes the later service has more children. If these are all older people keep in mind the possibility they can't hear very well and background noise makes it impossible, even with some hearing aids.

If nothing can be arranged try feeding during service in the rear of the church, might help with keeping the noise down. I would want to continue at the family church myself.