looking for a place to rent

FireLadie

Hey all...

I am looking for an inexpensive place to rent. I've been checking all the classifieds but can't find that perfect place. In other words... a cheap place. I figured maybe you all might personally know someone that isn't advertising online.

I need a 2 bedroom, 1 bath min (prefer 2 baths) for like 750 a month. Both my roommate and I are recent college grads and therefore with new jobs, don't make squat!

So let me know if you know of anything in the southern st. mary's co area.

Thanks,
Fireladie

FireLadie

Originally posted by FireLadie
Hey all...

So let me know if you know of anything in the southern st. mary's co area.

Thanks,
Fireladie

The southern end of the county... i work at Pax, my roommate works at Webster Field... so like lexpark, greatmills area

Warron

You won't find many two bedroom apts for 750. It would be hard to find a one bedroom for that now. Most will be upper 800s or more.

Since you work at Pax, you can try the base housing office. They keep rental listings for St. Mary's and Calvert county. If you go in gate 1 and make the first right by the gas station, then head up that road past the exchange, the housing welcome (bld 2371) is on the right a little further up. In their lobby is a rack with stacks of rental listings.

mollee

someone i know had just rented a 2-bedroom 1 1/2 bath at Queen Anne Park Apartments on Great Mills Road. It's like 1/2 mile from the gate 2. They pay $800 a month which isn't that far off from your budget. I don't know about utilities, you might want to call and ask. Sorry I don't have the phone number.

FireLadie

Thanks for the info Warren.

i know we're kinda looking for a shot in the dark. Will probably only find people renting their personal properties.

The lowest you can find in a rental place is in like St. Mary's Landing which I'd rather not live there, so yes I am being picky.

Right now we are trying find people with homes that they are renting out. We have a few bites, but figured it might not hurt to get the word out.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by FireLadie
Right now we are trying find people with homes that they are renting out. We have a few bites, but figured it might not hurt to get the word out.

Don't count on getting a whole house in your price range. Somebody's basement maybe. The house across the street from me is 3br 2 bath and is $1350/mo.

FireLadie

Originally posted by cmcdanal
Don't count on getting a whole house in your price range. Somebody's basement maybe. The house across the street from me is 3br 2 bath and is $1350/mo.

That is true.. But we've actually found some places for 750 or so... problem is we aren't looking to move until June.

F

Flo

Your best bet is to find a basement rental, with a separate entrance.

Good luck in your search.