Looking for FFL dealer and transfer info

kdknitro

Im trying to find a good ffl dealer in southern md and what the going rate to transfer a reciever that im probably going to order. Looking for the good and stories of the bad.

dustin

UAIOE
Im trying to find a good ffl dealer in southern md and what the going rate to transfer a reciever that im probably going to order. Looking for the good and stories of the bad.

I'm in process of using Nick Cromwell right now. So far so good but I have not completed the transaction yet.
Home

if you go to the budsgunshop.com website and do the FFL lookup by zip there are quite a few FFLs listed.

kdknitro

To ak

yeah nick seems to have a good price at 50 but thats about the going rate freds is way to high of 100 which in my eyes is bs. Im trying to build a gun and am trying to keep it cheap. Thanks for the info guys keep them coming.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
yeah nick seems to have a good price at 50 but thats about the going rate freds is way to high of 100 which in my eyes is bs. Im trying to build a gun and am trying to keep it cheap. Thanks for the info guys keep them coming.

Yup, unfortunately MD in general is higher than most other states for FFL transfers and especially in SOMD there are very few FFL dealers who will transfer.

dustin

UAIOE
Thanks. I went to his website but didn't go into the services tab.

yeah he needs websmithing done... he does respond to email promptly though

I was referred to Nick by someone at work who was satisfied with his FFL service.

Inkd

yeah he needs websmithing done... he does respond to email promptly though

I was referred to Nick by someone at work who was satisfied with his FFL service.

Cool. I've been going to a guy now since I've ben here, bout four years now. His price is about the same so I will stick with him. He may be a little cheaper, I cant remember though. I haven't bought anything for awhile.

SquirrelBait

Look at her SMILE
Talked to Nick a few times, nothing wrong with him other then was by appt only I think and only in the evenings. Hard for me to set up times to deal with him.

I use Accurate Arms in Loveville. They are a real gun shop with guns on display and ammo. They are not a large store but they open up at 1 during the week. Closed on Mondays. He has treated me well
301-475-8298

Pushrod

Patriot
Talked to Nick a few times, nothing wrong with him other then was by appt only I think and only in the evenings. Hard for me to set up times to deal with him.

I use Accurate Arms in Loveville. They are a real gun shop with guns on display and ammo. They are not a large store but they open up at 1 during the week. Closed on Mondays. He has treated me well
301-475-8298

I've had Nick do transfers before. No problem and good service. I have also used Accurate Arms for transfers, but now that they raised their rate to $75.00 I wont go through their shop.
Keep Shooting (Firearm, Sporting Goods, Military Surplus Online Store in Maryland MD - Keepshooting®) in Waldorf is another inexpensive FFL for transfers, plus they have alot of other cool stuff to purchase.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Not to change the subject but who has the best prices on ammo? (9mm in particular). Nothing fancy, just cheap target practice rounds. I used to go to Freds in Waldorf but he's gotten a bit anal and the rude, inconsiderate Tackle Box will never see my face again. Thanks!

dustin

UAIOE
Not to change the subject but who has the best prices on ammo? (9mm in particular). Nothing fancy, just cheap target practice rounds. I used to go to Freds in Waldorf but he's gotten a bit anal and the rude, inconsiderate Tackle Box will never see my face again. Thanks!

there are some deals online, but after you factor in shipping i've found winchester white box at walmart to usually be the best deal.

kdknitro

for ammo

i have seen bulk ammo be sold at dicks in waldorf not sure the price but they looked like they would be cheap my brother was shooting a box the other day

and yes ive been looking at keep shooting i will send them an email thanks again for the help guys

kdknitro

keep shooting

Wow there price is good. Thank for the link. those few extra dollars are worth it to me cause im building this gun and i just want to make it cheap and somthing to shoot every now and then.

MadDogMarine

Be careful since I understand we now have chinese ammo in this country.
See attached .44 magnum revolver that almost took a guys head off.
Firing the aligned round caused the two adjacent rounds in the cylinder to
ignite. Best I can guess, the primers were made too sensitive and the shock
set them off. Frightening catastrophic failure I have never seen before.
ALWAYS wear your ear and eye protection.

Attachments

• 44_1.jpg
    44_1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 44_2.jpg
    44_2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 44_3.jpg
    44_3.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 93

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
there are some deals online, but after you factor in shipping i've found winchester white box at walmart to usually be the best deal.
I completely forgot that they sell ammo. I was going to check it out tomorrow but then Mad Dog Marine showed me those pictures. :jameo:
Be careful since I understand we now have chinese ammo in this country.
See attached .44 magnum revolver that almost took a guys head off.
Firing the aligned round caused the two adjacent rounds in the cylinder to
ignite. Best I can guess, the primers were made too sensitive and the shock
set them off. Frightening catastrophic failure I have never seen before.
ALWAYS wear your ear and eye protection.
So I should look on the box to see where the ammo is made?

Pushrod

Patriot
I completely forgot that they sell ammo. I was going to check it out tomorrow but then Mad Dog Marine showed me those pictures. :jameo:

So I should look on the box to see where the ammo is made?

I've never seen any ChiCom ammo (norinco) sold at Wally World. They are selling Russian ammo in some of their stores, but that ammo isn't too bad for plinking if you don't mind shooting steel cased in some of your guns.

Cabella's has some good deals on 9mm right now, along with ammunitiontogo.com, but you do have to factor in shipping (which has gone up recently) to those prices. For convenience, Wally World is hard to beat if you can find what you want in stock.

Inkd

Winchester white box a Wal Mart or Dicks is about the best I think you will find local. Before shipping went up I've known quite a few people who used the steel case Russian ammo and was pretty happy with it for general shooting around. Depending on waht kind of gun you have, you can buy a .22 conversion kit. I know they are made for Glock and some Government Model platforms but not sure about other models.

I've seen that pic of the blown up gun before and I know the story goes that it was chinese ammo but I would bet it was reloader error.