Looking for FFL dealer and transfer info

MadDogMarine

but I would bet it was reloader error.

HandGun/rifle powder, especially smokeless powder is very safe. You can throw it across a room and it won't explode. Not the same for the percussion caps made from mercury fulminate.

"It is highly sensitive to friction and shock. It is mainly used as a trigger for other explosives in percussion caps.....mercury fulminate or potassium chlorate became widely used in primers for self-contained rifle and pistol ammunition.

"Mercury fulminate has the distinct advantage over potassium chlorate of being non-corrosive, but it is known to weaken with time. Today, mercury fulminate has been replaced in primers by more efficient chemical substances".

Here is a video showing its sensitivity to a hammer blow.
YouTube - MERCURY FULMINATE (explosive) demonstration
My bet is still with the primer, not the reloader. Either the primer material was improperly designed/mixed or it deteriorated over time(unlikely)?
I've fired WWII ammo over 30 years old and had never seen this so my final
bet is on improperly designed percussion caps that were made too sensitive to shock. Reloaders don't make their own percussion caps. This is an ammo integrity issue, not a reloading issue.

Inkd

HandGun/rifle powder, especially smokeless powder is very safe. You can throw it across a room and it won't explode. Not the same for the percussion caps made from mercury fulminate.

"It is highly sensitive to friction and shock. It is mainly used as a trigger for other explosives in percussion caps.....mercury fulminate or potassium chlorate became widely used in primers for self-contained rifle and pistol ammunition.

"Mercury fulminate has the distinct advantage over potassium chlorate of being non-corrosive, but it is known to weaken with time. Today, mercury fulminate has been replaced in primers by more efficient chemical substances".

Here is a video showing its sensitivity to a hammer blow.
YouTube - MERCURY FULMINATE (explosive) demonstration
My bet is still with the primer, not the reloader. Either the primer material was improperly designed/mixed or it deteriorated over time(unlikely)?
I've fired WWII ammo over 30 years old and had never seen this so my final
bet is on improperly designed percussion caps that were made too sensitive to shock. Reloaders don't make their own percussion caps. This is an ammo integrity issue, not a reloading issue.

What I was meaning was that I don't think it was chinese made ammo at all. I think the guy reloaded his own ammo and either used the wrong type of gunpowder or overcharged the casing. In which case it would be rreloader error.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
We use Rick Bozwell. Very reasonable $40 or $50 for a transfer, he has handled all of ours for the past few years. Can send contact info if you still need it.

Inkd

We use Rick Bozwell. Very reasonable $40 or $50 for a transfer, he has handled all of ours for the past few years. Can send contact info if you still need it.

Me too. I was just over there last night, it was $40 for a handgun, $45 if a fired shell casing had to be sent and $30 for long guns.

:howdy: