Looking For Good Trail Horse

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
SouthernMdRocks said:
I do rounds as well as squares. As a matter of fact, is anyone interested in some 3'x3'x7' squares of 2nd cut orchard/alfalfa mix from up in Canada. I was thinking about getting a delivery but have no room to store 63 bales that large.
Wow...I've never bought the big square ones. The round ones work really well for us since that elevates me from having to throw hay in the morning before work, except for the fact that the suckers keep their heads in the hay 24/7.......But I think Percy has tried them. I'll asked her and see what she thinks. :yay:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
SouthernMdRocks said:
I do rounds as well as squares. As a matter of fact, is anyone interested in some 3'x3'x7' squares of 2nd cut orchard/alfalfa mix from up in Canada. I was thinking about getting a delivery but have no room to store 63 bales that large.

I will join you in the load. Let me know.

Giddy up!

happyappygirl said:
WAIT! Here it is:
Blue is a 9 year old, 16.1 hand, Reg'd APHA Paint (Blue By You). He is a
medicine hat, tovero with 2 Blue Eyes.
Blue has been a awesome trail horse, all of his life. He walk, trots, and
canters. He also neck reins or direct reins. He has a wonderful extended trot,
that other horses have to lope to keep up with. He will go out alone or with a
group. He has been on overnight camping trips, guided trail rides, local trail
rides, etc. He loves to get out and go trail riding, he is the first one to the
gate when he see's the trailer being hooked up. He is not for a dead begineer.
He would be better suited for a advanced begineer, to intermeidate because he
likes to go.
He clips, ties, lead, loads, bathes, stands for farrier and vet.
The reason we are selling him is because, we have to put one of are youngsters thorough training next spring and she will require extra riding so we will not have enough time to ride them both.
We are asking $2,500, nego.
Please call or email with questions or for pictures.
Stephanie and Pat Becker
paintedheaven07@adelphia.net <mailto:paintedheaven07%40adelphia.net>
(301) 829-6018
(240) 422-7608

Wow sounds like a winner there TC.

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
Your very first purchase left something to be desired for many reasons, the least of which was it's beauty.[/QUOTE]

First- what is this supposed to mean?? I am not looking for a confidence builder I have rode many horses I just do not want to fight to go on a trial ride..

Second - I do not have the money to buy horses every week or every month so yes I am going to be picky and get what I want It's my money..

third - I posted this thread as someone suggested so people could know what I wanted and could contact me if they had it.. believe me I knew I would catch crap from it ...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
TotalControl said:
Your very first purchase left something to be desired for many reasons, the least of which was it's beauty.
First- what is this supposed to mean?? I am not looking for a confidence builder I have rode many horses I just do not want to fight to go on a trial ride..
Second - I do not have the money to buy horses every week or every month so yes I am going to be picky and get what I want It's my money..
third - I posted this thread as someone suggested so people could know what I wanted and could contact me if they had it.. believe me I knew I would catch crap from it ...
I'm not giving you crap everybody has preferences, what I'm saying is learn from your experiences. The first horse you bought was extremely beautiful BUT barn sour as he!!, and required an experienced rider and as a result, impossible to ride so you had to sell her, because the fellow wouldn't give you your money back. You didn't ride her when you bought her, you bought her because she was beautiful, right?

For example, my little one's RMH filly, although extremely well bred, has a big ole jug head. In fact the breeders called her just that, Jughead. But i bought her for my kiddo, because she's a dynamite horse in mind and body. Didn't matter to me that she has a roman nose and carries the red gene. She keeps my little one safe as all get out. That's what important.

I'm not saying don't wait for the color you want, i'm saying don't ignore others just because they're not.

I agree, a 16h is HUGELY tall. Little ReMax is riding a couple of huge horses too. My oldest daughter prefers huge horses too, and she's my size. I like 'em much closer to the ground myself. Too far to fall. Even 15.2 is too tall for me. I like em 14.2 or 3.

Last edited:

mingiz

Horse Poor
TC there are good horses out there in the color you want. Depending on how far you want to go for one. All of mine I have gone out of state for. The last 3 palominos I bought I never even rode. The owners showed them and I watched. Even the Pal paint mare I have now I never rode her and she has proven herself to be a great horse. I did go to Ohio to get her and I have no regrets. Va & SC for the other 2. So take your time in your search. One will catch your eye as my fat pony did. You can learn alot about a horse just by watching how they travel, temperment etc. Good luck in your search...There are plenty of sites to search for sure. My favorites are agdirect.com, equinehits.com, dreamhorse, and equine.com

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mingiz said:
TC there are good horses out there in the color you want. Depending on how far you want to go for one. All of mine I have gone out of state for. The last 3 palominos I bought I never even rode. The owners showed them and I watched. Even the Pal paint mare I have now I never rode her and she has proven herself to be a great horse. I did go to Ohio to get her and I have no regrets. Va & SC for the other 2. So take your time in your search. One will catch your eye as my fat pony did. You can learn alot about a horse just by watching how they travel, temperment etc. Good luck in your search...There are plenty of sites to search for sure. My favorites are agdirect.com, equinehits.com, dreamhorse, and equine.com
dayum...did-ja have to give me MORE horse for sale sites to check out :ohwell:
:lol:

fredsaid2

mingiz said:
My favorites are agdirect.com, equinehits.com, dreamhorse, and equine.com

The last two sites will let you refine your search down to the smallest detail. Give yourself time, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for....right down to the color :smile:

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
I'm not saying don't wait for the color you want, i'm saying don't ignore others just because they're not.

I agree, a 16h is HUGELY tall. Little ReMax is riding a couple of huge horses too. My oldest daughter prefers huge horses too, and she's my size. I like 'em much closer to the ground myself. Too far to fall. Even 15.2 is too tall for me. I like em 14.2 or 3.[/QUOTE]
I was not saying YOU were giving me crap but in general people on the forums will give me crap .
He was also 16+ hands and was a knuckle head he did not do what the man said he would do he was not barn sour. Yes I made the mistake of buying him and not riding him it was dark when we went to pick him up ...I Will never make that mistake again .. :buttkick:

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
TotalControl said:

Happy you do have a good point but I still want to look for my colors just maybe I might run into something else and yes I do like Chestnuts with chrome.. "I guess you can say my favorite color is CHROME " :razz:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Honestly TC it is a buyers market...Look around if you have a little bit of money you can get ANYTHING you want..color and riding ability...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
TotalControl said:
TotalControl said:

Happy you do have a good point but I still want to look for my colors just maybe I might run into something else and yes I do like Chestnuts with chrome.. "I guess you can say my favorite color is CHROME " :razz:
MINE TOO! I like bling (hence the appys). But i chose as my primary breed, one that doesn't allow much bling by breed standard :lol: Geesh.

But i chose them for temperament, and overall consistent quality. Plus that fact that my knees don't suffer either didn't hurt :biggrin:

I'll pass along anything that comes my way for sure. Someone sent me some info on a couple of racking palaminos and a b/white spotted saddle if you're interested.

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
Pasofever said:
TC whatcha looking to spend..do you have at least $3500 for the newby

about that .would like to stay around 2500. or under of course.. Have not been looking much dad's in the hospital and my nephew has come from MA . We have not seen him since he was 3 1/2 he was adopted ... What a shock .. :jameo: