looking for miniature horse

W

WhoCares

Well that's good that she really cares. My peeps need to be enlightened!!!:lmao:
See I just threatened a sale again tonight....I don't think they are taking me seriously. Nice show pony soon to be for sale...:whistle:

E's or J's pony?

They are REAL nice ponies.

I still lurve Fancy though.

devinej

i met a 10.3 hh pony for sale today. seems real sweet, knows how to cart kids around. yes minis are tricky because they are to small for adults to train...i have known a couple that tolerated riding by little kids, course that pony was like 30 years old.... 16 months seems rather young, but i don't know much about kidlets.

justin

yes, I do agree that she is too young to ride now, but she would love to have one. She loves animals very much and would really enjoy having one. Plus she loves the outdoors and gets very mad at me if I go out with out her. So this would really give us some great bonding time outside together. I do not have a whole lot of experience with raising a horse, but when I was in High School, I used to clean stalls for $2.50 a stall every weekend and my best friend had a farm and he had horses and cows and goats and I helped them bail hay as well. So I mean, I do know a little bit about them, but I am sure there is plenty that I do not know, but you have to start somewhere.

ElliesMom

Have you ever seen a buddy saddle, they are great if you have a horse that will do it, oh and a helmet too of course. My youngest has been tagging along on my trail rides since she was very young, they love it. I also double secured her with a lead rope tied around me, if she was sleepy sometimes she would take a nap back there while I was riding.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
i met a 10.3 hh pony for sale today. seems real sweet, knows how to cart kids around. yes minis are tricky because they are to small for adults to train...i have known a couple that tolerated riding by little kids, course that pony was like 30 years old.... 16 months seems rather young, but i don't know much about kidlets.

I had one mini who loved people big and little. She tolerated everything, she loved the attention, real babysitter. This Dec is a year since she died. She was one of a kind....:huggy:
The little paint I have now is pretty good with little ones.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
yes, I do agree that she is too young to ride now, but she would love to have one. She loves animals very much and would really enjoy having one. Plus she loves the outdoors and gets very mad at me if I go out with out her. So this would really give us some great bonding time outside together. I do not have a whole lot of experience with raising a horse, but when I was in High School, I used to clean stalls for $2.50 a stall every weekend and my best friend had a farm and he had horses and cows and goats and I helped them bail hay as well. So I mean, I do know a little bit about them, but I am sure there is plenty that I do not know, but you have to start somewhere.

It's great you want to do this with her. Do you have the room for a mini?
Another animal that is great for bonding is a pigmy goat. We have three that we bottle fed, they are sooooo loving and funny. They make us laugh just watching the silly things they do. Another plus is they make great companions for minis. If I were to get one horse, I would get a pigmy for a companion.