Looking for my father...Can anyone help?

K

Kara

Unfortunately, my mother was only married to him for a short time and never met any of his family members. She said she thinks there were some issues there but she doesn't know what they were cause he never talked about it. His family was originally from Maryland and then moved to Florida. My mother was only 15 and he was 21 at the time of my birth. She was a kid and really doesn't remember much else...

J

justhangn

Originally posted by cmcdanal
There is only one Bristow in the tricounty phone book I have. First name is Weir and it's a LaPlata number, which is in Charles County.

Any other information you may have would be more helpful like names of any of his friends or relatives. Your birth mother may not have thought to tell you that she'd met his friends while she was involved with him, but it would help you find him.
On switch board it talks about a Frank J.....

jeneisen

Indy Bound
You could always take an ad out in the local Enterprise paper here in somd and explain your story. I am sure someone who knows him will see it and tell him. It just an idea.

K

Kara

Thanks everyone for your suggestions...I might just place an ad if I don't hear anything back from my Certified letter.

Also, I will check out that Lexis-Nexis???? Can't hurt...

Guesswho3256

That "Box" address could be old...one he never closed. He may not of received your letters. The address on Lexis Nexis is a street address, in chesapeake beach, for the same name, same birthday. If you go to www.nexis.com ...on the bottom right it says search using a credit card. You can do 1 search and just pay for that. It won't cost more than $4.00. I'd send a certified letter to that address--If he doesn't reply to that, then he doesn't want to be found.

BullDawg

Duck Molester
There is only one Bristow in the tricounty phone book I have. First name is Weir and it's a LaPlata number, which is in Charles County.

Any other information you may have would be more helpful like names of any of his friends or relatives. Your birth mother may not have thought to tell you that she'd met his friends while she was involved with him, but it would help you find him.
At first I thought this would be a good idea too. Then I saw the age difference. He may not like reading his name in the paper with that. I like Guess Who's idea best so far.

Guesswho3256

Originally posted by BullDawg
At first I thought this would be a good idea too. Then I saw the age difference. He may not like reading his name in the paper with that. I like Guess Who's idea best so far.

:yeahthat: Thanks BD...I thought it was the best idea too! :bubble:

K

Kara

Thanks "GUESSWHO" I will try it and see what happens....thanks for you help!!! :angel:

K

Kara

Originally posted by Guesswho3256
If you go to www.nexis.com ...on the bottom right it says search using a credit card. You can do 1 search and just pay for that.

Maybe I am doing something wrong???.... It seems that this information website is for business information only? I don't see where it offers search services for individuals? Help :confused:

TWLs wife

Re: Re: A Clue????

Best of luck in your search Kara, I can understand you wanting to know those answers...
I agree . Sorry I don't know much about St.Mary's & Calvert. Sorry, Good luck. I'll pray for you.:biggrin:

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: Re: Re: A Clue????

Originally posted by TIGGER6035
I agree . Sorry I don't know much about St.Mary's & Calvert. Sorry, Good luck. I'll pray for you.:biggrin:
very lucid... 4 U

K

Kizzy

Weir is in his early 70's, I am very good friends with his daughter. I will check with her to see if she is related to Frank. I know they have a large family. If she can help, I will PM you.

K

Kara

Originally posted by IM4Change
Weir is in his early 70's, I am very good friends with his daughter. I will check with her to see if she is related to Frank. I know they have a large family. If she can help, I will PM you.

Thanks for your offer to check it out. I appreciate it really....:blushing:

K

Kara

Kara - What ever happened here? Did you have any luck?

Well, I sent out a certified letter to his PO Box and it came back 2 weeks later as unclaimed. So I sent a letter to his actual home address and its been about a week. I basically said that I do not want to disrupt "anyone's life" I am just trying to get some family history but most especially medical history. I asked that he please find it in his heart to reply if at the very least with a small note, or at least to acknowledge me. I wish he would just tell me to *uck off if that is how he feels so at least I wouldn't wonder anymore. But thanks for asking BullDawg. If I get any news I'll post......