Looking for Roommate in Upper Marlboro

terp03

I am looking for a roommate who wants to live in Upper Marlboro, near the intersection of route 4 and route 301. I have found two nice apartment complexes that overlook the course at the Marlborough Golf Club. It is a 10 minute drive to the nearest metro stop, 15 to Bowie Town Center, 30 to Annapolis, 45 to Baltimore, and about 1:!5 to Lexington Park. Rent will range from 1250 - 1350 for a two bedroom, two bath.

I am a 23 year old, professiona, male. I like to watch football and basketball. I am also a huge Terps fan. I enjoy going out to DC and Baltimore on the weekends. I don't smoke, have no pets, and I am a clean person.

If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please PM me.

RPM

room mates suck.

however, if you must have one, do yourself a favor and get a female roommate.

they are much easier to live with, will be cleaner, and with a little luck you will end up with a situation where she will do your laundry and cook for you, but not nag you like a girlfriend.

btw, i say this from experience.

good luck.

Originally posted by terp03
I am looking for a roommate who wants to live in Upper Marlboro, near the intersection of route 4 and route 301. I have found two nice apartment complexes that overlook the course at the Marlborough Golf Club. It is a 10 minute drive to the nearest metro stop at 5 a.m., otherwise it is atleast 20 minutes, 15 to Bowie Town Center unless you want to go there when it is actually open, in which case it takes 30 minutes minimum, 30 to Annapolis 45-hour, 45 to Baltimore hour-75 minutes, and about 1:15 to Lexington Park. Rent will range from 1250 - 1350 for a two bedroom, two bath.

I am a 23 year old, professional, male. I like to watch football and basketball. I am also a huge Terps fan. I enjoy going out to DC and Baltimore on the weekends. I don't smoke, have no pets, and I am a clean person. You looking for a roommate or a lover? This last part sounds like a crappy personal ad.

If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please PM me.

Edited to correct gross time mis-statements and spelling errors.

terp03

Re: Re: Looking for Roommate in Upper Marlboro

Originally posted by huntr1
You looking for a roommate or a lover? This last part sounds like a crappy personal ad.

Ever read an ad for a roommate before? Its a good idea to describe your interests and personalities. I hope you can figure out the reasoning for this.

As far as the drive times go:

10 minutes to metro - This is what I was told by several people

15 minutes to Bowie Town Center - I tested this myself on a Saturday afternoon

Times to Baltimore and Annapolis - I estimated these times based on Mapquest and my own experiences. Your times might be right, if you drive well under the speed limit, or during rush hour.

Thanks for the spelling corrections. I don't think anyone would be able to understand what I wrote without them. What relief!

Re: Re: Re: Looking for Roommate in Upper Marlboro

Ever read an ad for a roommate before? Its a good idea to describe your interests and personalities. I hope you can figure out the reasoning for this.

As far as the drive times go:

10 minutes to metro - This is what I was told by several people

15 minutes to Bowie Town Center - I tested this myself on a Saturday afternoon

Times to Baltimore and Annapolis - I estimated these times based on Mapquest and my own experiences. Your times might be right, if you drive well under the speed limit, or during rush hour.

Thanks for the spelling corrections. I don't think anyone would be able to understand what I wrote without them. What relief!
You're welcome on the spelling corrections. Just be glad it was me fixing them, and not the JAZZ!!!
I grew up in Upper Mayberry. I do not drive the speed limit, normally 10-25 over depending on the road and conditions. The times I posted are based on 14 years of doing those drives. No matter when you drive, if it's daylight, the traffic on 301 SUCKS! Besides, you are posting driving times, you should post the times when most people will be doing their driving, i.e. RUSH HOUR.:rolleyes:

terp03

Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for Roommate in Upper Marlboro

Originally posted by huntr1
You're welcome on the spelling corrections. Just be glad it was me fixing them, and not the JAZZ!!!
I grew up in Upper Mayberry. I do not drive the speed limit, normally 10-25 over depending on the road and conditions. The times I posted are based on 14 years of doing those drives. No matter when you drive, if it's daylight, the traffic on 301 SUCKS! Besides, you are posting driving times, you should post the times when most people will be doing their driving, i.e. RUSH HOUR.:rolleyes:

To be fair, I'll post this disclaimer: Drive times do not include rush hour. This is not an ideal location to commute to Baltimore, and probably not to Annapolis. These times should be accurate if you are traveling after work hours, or during the weekend.

As far as traffic on 301 goes, it gets progressively worse as you approach Bowie during rush hour. Its been fine for me during the weekends, daylight or not.

Since you lived there, what do you think of the area near the Marlborough Golf Club? It seemed to be nice, quiet and safe. Do you have any other input about Upper Marlboro?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for Roommate in Upper Marlboro

Since you lived there, what do you think of the area near the Marlborough Golf Club? It seemed to be nice, quiet and safe. Do you have any other input about Upper Marlboro?
They built those apartments about the time I left for college I believe. I grew up in Marlton. Upper Marlboro is quite nice, especially considering it's in P.G. County. Looking at the police blotter in last week's Gazette, Upper Marlboro was one of the LEAST mentioned names. Don't leave anything valuable out in your vehicle and lock all doors/windows.