Looking to but some nice, seasoned firewood?

dan0623_2000

Seasoned wood

A little over a year ago had a down tree that I personally cut into lengths of about 20 inches. I split and stacked it about 6 months ago and I have burned about a 1/4 of a cord in my fireplace and it did quite well. I will gladly let you have the remaining 3/4 of a cord for a mere $300 and I will even throw in the downed tree that has been laying in my back yard for about a year and half. Of course you will have to cut it up and haul it uphill to your vehicle. Oh did I mention the $300 price is a non delivered price. Delivery is outrageous over price.
I also have a bridge for sale for anyone that is interested. Oh what the hell I will even throw in the bridge to anyone who buys my 3/4 cord of wood and takes the tree from the back yard.
You'all have a good day now

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
I can't take it anymore, for two days I've kept my mouth shut. Some things sit there taunting you, telling you to speak up. Wide open, screaming for a comeback.

While I KNOW its just a typo it doesn't change the facts...

Has anyone REALLY read the title of this thread?

The question mark clinched it for me.

:coffee:

mamatutu

mama to two
I can't take it anymore, for two days I've kept my mouth shut. Some things sit there taunting you, telling you to speak up. Wide open, screaming for a comeback.

While I KNOW its just a typo it doesn't change the facts...

Has anyone REALLY read the title of this thread?

The question mark clinched it for me.

I think most members overlook typos because we are not spelling Nazis at heart, but that is a good one! :lol: I had an episode in posts last night about something I could not overlook. This forum is a microcosm of life that proves no member is perfect. :smile: I like that you are very good at finding the humor in things!

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
I think most members overlook typos because we are not spelling Nazis at heart, but that is a good one! :lol: I had an episode in posts last night about something I could not overlook. This forum is a microcosm of life that proves no member is perfect. :smile: I like that you are very good at finding the humor in things!

I'm not a spelling or typo Nazis at all. I just read it when it went up yesterday like it was written and found the humor in it. It read fine actually, but it was obvious thats not what the op was asking.

mamatutu

mama to two
I'm not a spelling or typo Nazis at all. I just read it when it went up yesterday like it was written and found the humor in it. It read fine actually, but it was obvious thats not what the op was asking.

It seems that I finally found my humor. It was what I asked for this Christmas. But, I seem to be failing in my replies as to what I am really trying to say. :lol: Starting next year's Christmas list now! :lol:

I think this is when I am supposed to say Ed Zachary! :lol:

mamatutu

mama to two
That's a shame. Why did you have the other trees removed?

My son is partners in a tree business. He just sent me some pictures of a tree they removed near DC in a crowded neighborhood. Looked pretty involved.

Sorry for the delayed reply. They actually killed one of our close trees to the deck because they had to use it to hoist against. They, also, did not find two dead trees in their quest to tell us what to cut down. So, now my last tree that 'decorated' my deck with its limbs is devoid of limbs, but alive. And, two trees that are immediate danger to my house are still here because they didn't mark them to be cut down, and I am sick of paying the exorbitant price of tree removal. This company is not open to client comments. He is now in politics, so call me cynical. Just my experience. I will not use Kelly again nor vote for him. He is a Democrat. Go figure. Life lesson.

McConkey is committed to the concept of common sense growth where property rights are respected. “Both residential and commercial development needs to be directed where it is most feasible and respectful of our sensitive environment,” said McConkey.

Meet the Candidate: Kelly McConkey for Calvert County Commissioner, Dist. 3 - Southern Maryland News

Whatever. Just more Dem bullcrap.

Edit: I want to add that I mourn every tree that has ever come down in my yard; whether by nature or man. And, we had some really old trees. :frown:

Also, if I need more tree removal (which I think I will) I will PM you. Good luck to your son in the business! :smile:

Last edited:

General Lee

I get all that from a man in Southern MD. :shrug:

No, you have a back yard dealer who may be able to supply a hand full of folks for a season.

The wood burners in my circle burn 5-6 cords a year. Lets just take 10 people who burn 5 cords. Your backyard dealer would need 50 cords on hand just these folks per year. That is a crap load of wood.

No body around here is pumping out those volumes consistently and being able to offer 1-2 year old seasoned wood. If so then he is doing one hell of a job keeping quiet.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

No, you have a back yard dealer who may be able to supply a hand full of folks for a season.

The wood burners in my circle burn 5-6 cords a year. Lets just take 10 people who burn 5 cords. Your backyard dealer would need 50 cords on hand just these folks per year. That is a crap load of wood.

No body around here is pumping out those volumes consistently and being able to offer 1-2 year old seasoned wood. If so then he is doing one hell of a job keeping quiet.

It's there if you know where to look.

The Amish have plenty of land. :whistle:

jasonandjen

i use qualityfirewoodandlogging.com in waldorf md. they deliver to me in mechanicsville and its good hard wood and a cord is a real cord. other people I've bought from were 20-40 bucks cheaper but i got half the wood.