Looking to move from NJ to Maryland...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Eastern Shore of MD?

We have a house for sale in Trappe MD (MLS# TA4774729) picture is really crappy and i can't get MLS to come get a better picture! I have some good ones if interested. It's a Cape Cod, with little over 2 beautifully landscaped acres, mostly fenced and great neighbors.
t's on the Eastern Shore, it's about an hour & 20 mins from Balt/Wash, and an hour give or take from Annapolis. I currently work in Annapolis and can get from this house to my desk downtown Annapolis (the Naval Academy) in 50 minutes with 2 or 3 lanes open Westbound and leaving at 6:15 am.

nickt1862

Re: Eastern Shore of MD?

Originally posted by happyappygirl
We have a house for sale in Trappe MD (MLS# TA4774729) picture is really crappy and i can't get MLS to come get a better picture! I have some good ones if interested. It's a Cape Cod, with little over 2 beautifully landscaped acres, mostly fenced and great neighbors.
t's on the Eastern Shore, it's about an hour & 20 mins from Balt/Wash, and an hour give or take from Annapolis. I currently work in Annapolis and can get from this house to my desk downtown Annapolis (the Naval Academy) in 50 minutes with 2 or 3 lanes open Westbound and leaving at 6:15 am.

Sounds like a nice home, but unfortunately I'm not in the market unless I win "a" lottery sometime in the near future:biggrin:

However, I see that the traffic is an issue for many if one has to depart @ 6:15am to get to work at a decent time.
Must be nice to work in Annapolis from what photos I've seen.

TWLs wife

Originally posted by nickt1862
Looking to get out of Northern New Jersey and exploring/entertaining the idea of moving to Maryland.

I'm seeking/thinking of moving into the Glen Burnie vicinity, can anyone tell me how good an area it is there?

Or is there another area in Maryland that is better and is not far from water.

Or am I making a mistake in my thinking of making Maryland my new home state?

Any other points you can make on the cost of living would be great.

Thanks so very much for your anticipated cooperation:).

Nick

Glen Burnie is a bad area. I lived there for six months. People will rob you blind. Everthing there is over priced. Your better off looking for a small town. It's as bad as NY.
Sorry to have to tell you that.
:frown:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Re: Re: Looking to move from NJ to Maryland...

Originally posted by TIGGER6035
Glen Burnie is a bad area. I lived there for six months. People will rob you blind. Everthing there is over priced. Your better off looking for a small town. It's as bad as NY.
Sorry to have to tell you that.
:frown:
:lol: There are some VERY nice area's in Glenn Burnie too. GB is not as bad as NY:lol: It's got it's own people but Tig I think you over did it again.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
How come no one has suggested good ole' St. Mary's County or Calvert County? Ft. Lee is (according to MapQuest) about 5 hours from California, MD.

Of course housing here is a bit high..but it can be found. Seems like you're single and looking to rent.

Plenty of Banks, Mortgage Co's., and I'm sure collection agencies do great business here :crazy:

I moved here from Washington State 4 yrs. ago and Maryland is ok.

However,
If you are young and single, I say Va. Beach, Va.

It's about 4 hours south of So. MD and that would only put you about 8-9 hrs away from home in NJ.

Lots of water, cheaper than here and more fun, jobs, and housing.