Love It Or Hate It, There's No Reason Not To Understand Trump's Tweets

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We all know we live in a time of weaponized discourse. Everybody leaps to Defcon 1 for maximum effect in this era of cable news snippets and viral moments. Trump, in his way, has mastered the art of maximizing the effectiveness of such communication without repelling his base, because the base knows that his brawler style is just that—a style, a method, a way to make a point.

The point of the “Go back where they came from” Twitter salvo was to highlight the loyalties of the congresswomen currently enjoying the affectionate label “the Squad.” The Trump assertion is that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wants to fight for illegal immigrants over the larger interests of the country, with accompanying observations about Rep. Ilhan Omar’s focus on Somali refugees and Rep. Rashida Tlaib’s Palestinian roots, with trails leading from those specifics to an overall view of America that he finds annoyingly derisive.

His suggestion was not the banishment squealed about by dishonest media outlets. His offer was to apply their chosen solutions among the populations he feels they are fighting for, presumably to learn how undesirable those strategies would be in America, and then to return, presumably chastened.

[clip]

Squad member Rep. Ayana Pressley led off a Monday news conference by calling the Trump tactic a “distraction,” issuing a call not to “take the bait.” It is hard to imagine a grander exercise in bait-swallowing than a four-woman news conference airing every grievance they could wedge into a half-hour of free TV.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...ocratic-party-n2550107?utm_campaign=inarticle

https://townhall.com/columnists/mar...ason-not-to-understand-trumps-tweets-n2550104

:killingme

Sapidus

We all know we live in a time of weaponized discourse. Everybody leaps to Defcon 1 for maximum effect in this era of cable news snippets and viral moments. Trump, in his way, has mastered the art of maximizing the effectiveness of such communication without repelling his base, because the base knows that his brawler style is just that—a style, a method, a way to make a point.

The point of the “Go back where they came from” Twitter salvo was to highlight the loyalties of the congresswomen currently enjoying the affectionate label “the Squad.” The Trump assertion is that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wants to fight for illegal immigrants over the larger interests of the country, with accompanying observations about Rep. Ilhan Omar’s focus on Somali refugees and Rep. Rashida Tlaib’s Palestinian roots, with trails leading from those specifics to an overall view of America that he finds annoyingly derisive.

His suggestion was not the banishment squealed about by dishonest media outlets. His offer was to apply their chosen solutions among the populations he feels they are fighting for, presumably to learn how undesirable those strategies would be in America, and then to return, presumably chastened.

[clip]

Squad member Rep. Ayana Pressley led off a Monday news conference by calling the Trump tactic a “distraction,” issuing a call not to “take the bait.” It is hard to imagine a grander exercise in bait-swallowing than a four-woman news conference airing every grievance they could wedge into a half-hour of free TV.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...ocratic-party-n2550107?utm_campaign=inarticle

https://townhall.com/columnists/mar...ason-not-to-understand-trumps-tweets-n2550104

More excuses for divisive racist language.

The more you try to normalize this behavior the worse it looks for you.

Every US citizen has a right to be in this country and a right to their opinion.

Hijinx

The man pretty much says what I am thinking, and I don't think I am that fare from the views of other Americans.
We have 2 Muslims and a bartender giving us their POV on Ameirca.
A point of view not even shared by the Democrat leadership.

As long as trump[ says what most Americans feel he will be coming back in 2020.;
He told them to go back to their home area and clean up that mess.
He was dead right.

Matter of fact Pelosi and waters might go home and clean up where they live too.
From the pictures I am seeing California is becoming an open sewer.

This_person

More excuses for divisive racist language.

The more you try to normalize this behavior the worse it looks for you.

Every US citizen has a right to be in this country and a right to their opinion.
Even Trump? Even Justice Thomas? Even Rand Paul? Do you hold them all equal in their right to have an opinion?

Sapidus

The man pretty much says what I am thinking, and I don't think I am that fare from the views of other Americans.
We have 2 Muslims and a bartender giving us their POV on Ameirca.
A point of view not even shared by the Democrat leadership.

As long as trump[ says what most Americans feel he will be coming back in 2020.;
He told them to go back to their home area and clean up that mess.
He was dead right.

Matter of fact Pelosi and waters might go home and clean up where they live too.
From the pictures I am seeing California is becoming an open sewer.

As usual you are wrong. Given that Trump lost the popular vote its not possible that his views are the same as most americans.

Why doesnt Trump need to go back to New York and clean up the crime and homelessness there if each person is responsible for the area they are from as you claim?

Last edited:

This_person

if each person is responsible for the area they are from as you claim?
You didn't even read the tweets, even after I posted them, did you?

Do a google search for the tweets, or go to the thread in which I posted them, and read them. Then, read them again. Then, try to put down your hatred and pretend Obama or Clinton wrote them (because they've told people to shut up, get in the back of the bus, and not talk, too) and then try to understand what they actually say.

Because, what you've been told to believe they say, they don't say.

Sapidus

You didn't even read the tweets, even after I posted them, did you?

Do a google search for the tweets, or go to the thread in which I posted them, and read them. Then, read them again. Then, try to put down your hatred and pretend Obama or Clinton wrote them (because they've told people to shut up, get in the back of the bus, and not talk, too) and then try to understand what they actually say.

Because, what you've been told to believe they say, they don't say.

More defense of a angry bigoted little orange man and his attempts to divide our country further and distract from all his other scandals and screw ups.

And look at you falling right into the trap.

No concern for immigrant kids, his incompetent administration that did a background check and OK'D Accosta despite his giving a sweetheart deal to a pedophile all the talk is about race yet again.

Just like C'ville

Sapidus

So which is it? I thought your defenses was he wasn't talking to them? Now you double down on your defense and say he was and that they aren't "real" americans.

Do only real american's live in their moms basement suckling off the government teet?

This_person

"As long as trump[ says what most Americans feel he will be coming back in 2020."

Reading comprehension is important
I am not responding to that post. This is the post to which I am responding

Of course, the corollary to the quote is that non-US citizens do NOT have a right to be in this country, and that is very true. But, that's not the part of which I speak. I'm speaking of every citizen having a right to their opinion.

I'm asking because you RARELY seem to accept that right from people with whom you disagree.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it", attributed to (but not spoken by) Voltaire. There's a lot in there. Do you DEFEND Trump's right to be wrong, like AOC's right to be wrong? Have you ever committed to anything like "to the death"?

I don't think you believe those words are a good representation of how Americans should act about the first amendment, using the second amendment to make it so. I think you hate people with whom you disagree, and assume (narcissistically) that they hate you. I make this as an observation of your discussion tactics, and find them really reprehensible. But, I will fight to the death your right to be reprehensible, and I have backed that up through military service. I volunteered to die for your right to be reprehensible. What have YOU done?

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Do only real american's live in their moms basement suckling off the government teet?

Try harder, was that supposed to be an insult ..... you need to get off of the internet and work harder

I need some new Nike's.

Ad Hominem

You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.

and to remind you of YOUR Own Words on making assumptions about others;

Again the irony is overwhelming given you make assumptions about me based on random internet posts ....

Pot Meet Kettle

Sapidus

I am not responding to that post. This is the post to which I am responding

Of course, the corollary to the quote is that non-US citizens do NOT have a right to be in this country, and that is very true. But, that's not the part of which I speak. I'm speaking of every citizen having a right to their opinion.

I'm asking because you RARELY seem to accept that right from people with whom you disagree.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it", attributed to (but not spoken by) Voltaire. There's a lot in there. Do you DEFEND Trump's right to be wrong, like AOC's right to be wrong? Have you ever committed to anything like "to the death"?

I don't think you believe those words are a good representation of how Americans should act about the first amendment, using the second amendment to make it so. I think you hate people with whom you disagree, and assume (narcissistically) that they hate you. I make this as an observation of your discussion tactics, and find them really reprehensible. But, I will fight to the death your right to be reprehensible, and I have backed that up through military service. I volunteered to die for your right to be reprehensible. What have YOU done?

The key word in your post is "I think" I have never said anyone should leave this country because of something they said, I have never said I hated anyone for something I said.

You ascribe to me felling and thoughts i have never posted on here and react to them.

I am sorry you believe i think like you. I don't i have told you numerous times i don't hate Trump or anyone else for their beliefs. I believe Trump is misinformed and manipulative and doesnt believe half the crap he says but i don't Hate him for it.

Every citizen does have a right to their opinion and since day one Trump has done a great job of separating this country into US and Them and by agreeing with his statement or defending i that certain people should leave this country for expressing their opinions you are falling into the trap he has set.

Even setting race aside I believe we can both agree his tweets were vile, unnecessary and not fitting for the president as they are un-American and serve to separate citizens into different groups which are somehow more deserving or less deserving of citizenship.

This_person

More defense of a angry bigoted little orange man and his attempts to divide our country further and distract from all his other scandals and screw ups.

I want you to re-read your sentence. Ok, now read it again.

You want to call the president a[n] (1) angry (2) bigoted (3) little (4) orange man, then said HE is trying to divide the country.

Now, read it again.

Do you see what that is?

No concern for immigrant kids,

Of course he has concern. He even has concern for the illegal alien kids - he asked for funding for better conditions, and Pelosi and Schumer shut down the government in order to make sure that didn't happen.

his incompetent administration that did a background check and OK'D Accosta despite his giving a sweetheart deal to a pedophile

You've got ONE right. That was pretty stupid. Makes you wonder why. Makes ME wonder why.

all the talk is about race yet again.

To quote Morgan Freeman, when asked
“How are we going to get rid of racism and ….” Freeman: “Stop talking about it."

If you will stop talking about race where it is not an issue, it will stop being an issue.

Just like C'ville

Carpentersville Illinois? What does that have to do with anything?

Or, do you mean James Carville?

WTF are you even talking about?

This_person

The key word in your post is "I think" I have never said anyone should leave this country because of something they said, I have never said I hated anyone for something I said.

You ascribe to me felling and thoughts i have never posted on here and react to them.

I am sorry you believe i think like you. I don't i have told you numerous times i don't hate Trump or anyone else for their beliefs. I believe Trump is misinformed and manipulative and doesnt believe half the crap he says but i don't Hate him for it.

Great news!! That's really good to read.

I presume it will be followed up by making amends for every name you've called everyone, and then when you're very old (because that will take a VERY long time), you will stop using that kind of language.

Every citizen does have a right to their opinion and since day one Trump has done a great job of separating this country into US and Them and by agreeing with his statement or defending i that certain people should leave this country for expressing their opinions you are falling into the trap he has set.

Even setting race aside I believe we can both agree his tweets were vile, unnecessary and not fitting for the president as they are un-American and serve to separate citizens into different groups which are somehow more deserving or less deserving of citizenship.
We can agree they were unnecessary.

But, to say they are un-American, you are saying his opinion is not worthy of America. Thus, you are saying the same thing HE said about those Representatives.

Can you see it? You're following EXACTLY what you're claiming he did - you're saying his words are un-American.

You may not be saying he should leave the country, but the net effect is pretty much the exact same thing.