Lowes A Rip Off

aubriana

IN 2007 I BOUGHT TWO THINGS FROM LOWES A WASHER AND A REFRAGTOR BOTH WERE LEMONS. GE MADE BOTH OF THEM. FIRST THE WASHER WENT BAD TOOK LOTS OF SERVICES CALLS. AND AROUND 50.00 A WEEK TO WASH OUR CLOTHS. WAITING FOR PARTS TO COME IN, BROKEN APTMENTS, WRONG PARTS ORDERED, AND NOT JUST SHOWING UP. SO LOWES SENT US A CHECK.
NOW THE REFERAGER HAS GONE OUT AGAIN AFTER US GOING WITH OUT ONE LAST NOV 20010 TO MIDDLE OF JAN OF20011 TO GET IT FIXED. NOW BROKEN AGAIN AND NOT COOLING. THEY DONT WANT TO FIX SO THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND A GIFT CARD WHAT WOULD MAKE THEM THINK I WOULD WANT ANOTHER APPLIANCE FROM THEM AFTER TWO BAD ONES IM NOT COMMING BACK. ILL GO TRY SEARS OR EVEN KMART LOL DONT BY ANY APLINACES FROM LOWES IN ST MARYS. STILL NO CARD OR CHECK:cds:

DON'T BUY GE PRODUCTS!!!!!!

GE moving X-ray business to China. What message is sent to U.S.? – Cafferty File - CNN.com Blogs

lovinmaryland

Not sure if it is Lowes or just appliances are made crappy these days. We bought a brand new dishwasher, washer & dryer, & refridgerator from Lowes. (all bought at different times and different brands) We purchased the extended warranty they offer. Each of those items within the first year needed to be serviced for problems. The dishwasher has been repaired 6 times in the 2 years we've owned it, the washing machine 3 times, dryer 2x's. Luckily everything is covered under the extended warranty but I know once that is up we will have to go out and buy a new one. The washer was $400 to repair each time. #### you can buy a new washer for $400 :lol:

Also what is a little shady on Lowes part if you dont have your original receipt you will not be eligible for the extended warranty. When I first called on the dishwasher I was told their records indicated I hadnt purchased the extended warranty. Well I knew I had. I was told I had to provide information off the original receipt to get coverage. Luckily I found it, but they have the same records I did re: the warranty so I thought that was pretty crappy of the to deny me because I didnt have the # from the receipt

lovinmaryland

not one that will last more than a few years at best you won't...

It's not always the case but most of the time you get what you pay for. A $400 washer isn't going to perform as well as or as long as a $1200 washer. If it did, they wouldn't be able to command $1200 for the $1200 units. Pay now or pay later. Sorry you have had issues, just pointing out the cheaper route is not always the best route.

Not always the case. I'm dealing with an issue with Pirelli tires right now. $309/per tire. They were made the 44th week of 2010 (ALWAYS check the date code on tires, your life may depend on it!!!) and have less than 1200 miles on them. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story:

Ick that sucks! Keep me posted how you make out!

I hear you on not going the cheaper route...however the oven that came w/ the house when it was built 22 years ago is still going strong...yet a brand new $300 dishwasher cant go a couple of months w/ out breaking. Go figure :lmao:

PrepH4U

not one that will last more than a few years at best you won't...

It's not always the case but most of the time you get what you pay for. A $400 washer isn't going to perform as well as or as long as a $1200 washer. If it did, they wouldn't be able to command $1200 for the $1200 units. Pay now or pay later. Sorry you have had issues, just pointing out the cheaper route is not always the best route.

Not always the case. I'm dealing with an issue with Pirelli tires right now. $309/per tire. They were made the 44th week of 2010 (ALWAYS check the date code on tires, your life may depend on it!!!) and have less than 1200 miles on them. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story:

I am not so sure about the $400 washer not performing as well as the more expensive units. I purchased the electrolux front load and matching dryer, which was not cheap. One month old, the drum on my dryer was totally messed up. Service guy came out inspected it and was on the phone w/electrolux for over an hour. Something was put together wrong inside the dryer which caused some rubbing on the innerds somehow. I then had to wait for Lowes to get a new one in stock as I had insisted on the same color that I purchased.
I am not that impressed with the performance of the washer either, I think my old agitator machine got my clothes cleaner. :shrug:
I think it's more of a crap shoot when you get appliances and the most expensive is not always the best IMO.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
IN 2007 I BOUGHT TWO THINGS FROM LOWES A WASHER AND A REFRAGTOR BOTH WERE LEMONS. GE MADE BOTH OF THEM. FIRST THE WASHER WENT BAD TOOK LOTS OF SERVICES CALLS. AND AROUND 50.00 A WEEK TO WASH OUR CLOTHS. WAITING FOR PARTS TO COME IN, BROKEN APTMENTS, WRONG PARTS ORDERED, AND NOT JUST SHOWING UP. SO LOWES SENT US A CHECK.
NOW THE REFERAGER HAS GONE OUT AGAIN AFTER US GOING WITH OUT ONE LAST NOV 20010 TO MIDDLE OF JAN OF20011 TO GET IT FIXED. NOW BROKEN AGAIN AND NOT COOLING. THEY DONT WANT TO FIX SO THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND A GIFT CARD WHAT WOULD MAKE THEM THINK I WOULD WANT ANOTHER APPLIANCE FROM THEM AFTER TWO BAD ONES IM NOT COMMING BACK. ILL GO TRY SEARS OR EVEN KMART LOL DONT BY ANY APLINACES FROM LOWES IN ST MARYS. STILL NO CARD OR CHECK:cds:
Tig has an MPD!

Roman

I had a Maytag from my Grandmother-in-Law that worked an additional 15 years after she gave it to me. I can't remember how old it was before she gave it to me. I'd guess maybe 25 years. Times have changed though. The quality just might not be there anymore.

PrepH4U

Tig has an MPD!

:lmao:
What I think is funny is that the poster is complaining that Lowes is not honoring the GE warranty. These APLINACES are 4 years old!
Besides anyone that would wait around for 3 months for a service person for their REFRAGTOR must not be the brightest crayon in the box. It took them 8 months for them to write and complain about it here.:killingme

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I had a Maytag from my Grandmother-in-Law that worked an additional 15 years after she gave it to me. I can't remember how old it was before she gave it to me. I'd guess maybe 25 years. Times have changed though. The quality just might not be there anymore.

Montgomery Ward carried Maytag under the "Admiral" name until they went bankrupt. Never had a problem with them after almost 20 years.

What I think is funny is that the poster is complaining that Lowes is not honoring the GE warranty. These APLINACES are 4 years old!
Besides anyone that would wait around for 3 months for a service person for their REFRAGTOR must not be the brightest crayon in the box. It took them 8 months for them to write and complain about it here.:killingme
GE is the problem here and not Lowe's. However, if they bought a warranty through Lowe's then Lowe's is responsible.

I've also had a refrigerator and stove from GE for 20 years and no problems. I believe it is a quality issue and they do not make them like they used to.

Pushrod

Patriot

She bought a REFERAGER not a REFRAGTOR, jeesh get your facts straight!
Not that I know what either of those are. :shrug:

PrepH4U

She bought a REFERAGER not a REFRAGTOR, jeesh get your facts straight!
Not that I know what either of those are. :shrug:

No she bought a refragtor and the referager in the refragtor went out. Now we should both understand it. :whistle: :lol:

bcp

In My Opinion
:killingme

Sears (Kenmore) has the best aplinaces out there according to consumer reports.

That said, my apartment aplinaces are all from Lowes and doing just fine.
You know there is no actual "Kenmore" factory anywhere right?
as a matter of fact, if you buy a higher end "Kenmore" you are most likely getting a Whirlpool, or God forbid,, a GE product.

Kenmore is only a branding name for Sears, the first three digits of the serial number identify the actual manufacturer.

dgates80

Land of the lost
as a matter of fact, if you buy a higher end "Kenmore" you are most likely getting a Whirlpool, or God forbid,, a GE product.

Kenmore is only a branding name for Sears, the first three digits of the serial number identify the actual manufacturer.

At least they are not made in China. Parts are, of course.

That's something not a lot of people realize. The motors, compressors, transmissions, etc... are only made by a few different companies. I can find at least 4 look-alikes for my dishwasher with just basic cosmetic differences or function options.

drivingdaisy

I think everything is made crappier these days. Luckily there was a mysterious handyman number on a sticker inside our dishwasher when I moved into my new house. He's come to fix our dishwasher a few times and the washer. He's a little weird and I'm not sure he doesn't just use tools to bang things in the appliances around, but they always work again and he is cheap. haha.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Very aware of that. I'm also aware, from the research I'v done, that the Kenmore brand products consistently rank among the highest rated of all options out there. So that tells me that whoever runs that branding operation is doing a pretty decent job of source selection :howdy: