Lowes

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
FancyBelle said:
I think so too, and they get bigger every year. My gawd the birdhouses and wood crafts they have out there this yr are really nice. I wanted so much more. Somebody needs to get me a gift cert from there for Mothers Day! :razz:

They have birdhouses????? Ruh-roh.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
FancyBelle said:
I didn't look for stuff like that so I didn't see them. They usually do have all that stuff. You know where it is?

Usually in one of the greenhouses. It might still be too early. I'm a good drive away so I just thought I'd inquire. If I went looking for them and they didn't have them I fill the vehicle with everything else they have... :lol: so I'll just wait.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Sharon said:
Usually in one of the greenhouses. It might still be too early. I'm a good drive away so I just thought I'd inquire. If I went looking for them and they didn't have them I fill the vehicle with everything else they have... :lol: so I'll just wait.
Sharon, if I get up that way today, I'll look for you and let you know.

OldHillcrestGuy

I was at Zimmerman's this morning got me my flowers, I did see tomato plants at one of them, the one on Rt. 5 I know has tomato's.
The one on Rt. 5, is that a Zimmermans also.
They have alot things at the one on Parson Mill Rd. went today figuring they would be packed with people tomorrow.

OldHillcrestGuy said:
I was at Zimmerman's this morning got me my flowers, I did see tomato plants at one of them, the one on Rt. 5 I know has tomato's.
The one on Rt. 5, is that a Zimmermans also.
They have alot things at the one on Parson Mill Rd. went today figuring they would be packed with people tomorrow.
BS Gal is outside now planting flowers, muttering something like, "what was I thinking". :lmao:

male20674 said:
Isn't that a Liberty Graden? I think that is what they were called during WWII

Landscaping does add alot to the curb appeal of a home. Great for putting it on the market.
A liberty garden was one that you grew your own veggies in so more food could be sent to the troops.

SexyMomma

BS Gal said:
Today I walked into Lowes garden section, intent on buying two azaleas. They had plants that had been damaged in the winds on sale, basically, the blooms had been blown off. I got 16 packs of impatiens for $1 apiece (I bought five or six), 2 huge hanging New Guinea impatien plants for $3.00 each and two New Guinea plants in the 5" pots for a buck each. I didn't have room for the azaleas :lmao: , but got a bunch of stuff for $14.00 I doubt they have anything left. The entire cart was raided in the 15 minutes I was there. If you're off tomorrow, might want to go in early and see if they put anymore out. They were right by the cash registers inside the garden area.

Im new down here and hate going into this Lowes! The outside lawn and garden girls were great but the paint department is a mess. I asked to speak to the manager and it was a VERY young girl with huge breast who knew nothing about paint! Wonder how she got her job! Then I went to the flooring department and was greated by a very slow moving man. At least the cashiers are friendly.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
desertrat said:
BS Gal is outside now planting flowers, muttering something like, "what was I thinking". :lmao:
He posted what I said when I got home. I had 6 flats of 24 each. That's 144 plants. I planted two flats today and am donating some to someone else. WTH was I thinking?????? I saw "sale" and got a real good price, but geez.
I am not stepping into another garden area for the rest of the season.

Sharon, I did not get up to Zimmerman's today. Sawry. :huggy:

Barnacle

SexyMomma said:
Im new down here and hate going into this Lowes! The outside lawn and garden girls were great but the paint department is a mess. I asked to speak to the manager and it was a VERY young girl with huge breast who knew nothing about paint! Wonder how she got her job! Then I went to the flooring department and was greated by a very slow moving man. At least the cashiers are friendly.

Just one? :smile:

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
BlackSheep said:
A pal of mine has some Hosta's that have leaves larger than a dinner plate :yikes: Blue Angels?? He has them growing at the edge of a downspout in the shade-never seen anything like them before!

My dad called them MOON HOSTAS.
But since we are close to PAX, I guess that can be a local name.

It's funny how, from one state or sometimes just a few counties away, people have different names for stuff.

Like chow chow......I always thought it was hot pepper relish....
A store up the street sells it in jars and it looks like pickled green tomaters.