Lusby Town Center

B

Bronwyn

My son heard in school today..

The Lusby Mountain (located in front of Food Lion) will soon be removed.
A new Community Center to be built there?

He also heard plans for a pedestrian bridge to be constructed to join the Food Lion Shopping area with the Giant Shopping center.

Anyone heard these rumors yet? Sorry if it's already been posted.

thalor

He also heard plans for a pedestrian bridge to be constructed to join the Food Lion Shopping area with the Giant Shopping center.

It appears that it was a possibility in the planning to have a new library/community center built there. Now if they do it is another thing. Didnt see anything about a pedestrian bridge though.

Here is the information I found from the Calvert County Page. It's on Page 32
http://www.co.cal.md.us/assets/Plan...ssionSpecialMeetingpresentation2008-03-26.pdf

dgates80

Land of the lost

Lusby Mountain needs to go bye-bye -- it's sort of embarrassing that there is this huge mound of dirt there.

I noticed that the similar mound is going away near the Wawa on 3 Notch in front of the new hotel. And, mini-mount-Lusby went away at the corner of Cove Point and Little Cove Point Rd, sure was happy to see THAT go too. To me, temporary means 30 - 60 days, NOT six to 18 months. Or longer.

B

Bronwyn

It appears that it was a possibility in the planning to have a new library/community center built there. Now if they do it is another thing. Didnt see anything about a pedestrian bridge though.

Here is the information I found from the Calvert County Page. It's on Page 32
http://www.co.cal.md.us/assets/Plan...ssionSpecialMeetingpresentation2008-03-26.pdf

Well I hope it does go through. My son hangs out at the current community center all the time.

What I would love see come to Lusby is some kind of auto parts store.

purplepassion

Lovin' Life
Well I hope it does go through. My son hangs out at the current community center all the time.

What I would love see come to Lusby is some kind of auto parts store.

Amen. So would I. The person would make a killing. The closest ones are Prince Frederick and the one by Kmart. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to just run down the street and pick up parts.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Amen. So would I. The person would make a killing. The closest ones are Prince Frederick and the one by Kmart. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to just run down the street and pick up parts.

There is an article in the southern Calvert Gazette that came out this week about the small business association that formed in Lusby and is headed up by the owner of the Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts store in Lusby Town Square complex.
They are promoting "buy local" sighting a conscious decision to spend money in Lusby can have a major effect on the community's quality of life when multiplied by lots of people.
I see buying local and having prosperous businesses will also attract new businesses such as an auto parts store to the area.
As a business owner in Solomons, I would consider a move to Lusby if I knew I had the support of local residents (and could afford the rent)

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I am a business owner that was in Calvert but ended up moving to St. Mary's. I tried and tried to get good office space/flex space in Lusby/Solomons area and there was nothing. I even talked to the county about putting a building in the Patuxent Business Park. At that time the real estate market was hot and they were wanting a boat load of money and you could also never get any answers on anything. So we found space in St. Mary's that work for us and have been over here for 5 years.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I am a business owner that was in Calvert but ended up moving to St. Mary's. I tried and tried to get good office space/flex space in Lusby/Solomons area and there was nothing. I even talked to the county about putting a building in the Patuxent Business Park. At that time the real estate market was hot and they were wanting a boat load of money and you could also never get any answers on anything. So we found space in St. Mary's that work for us and have been over here for 5 years.

Calvert county is not as business friendly as they would like people to think they are. I know of 2 new businesses that had to jump through some pretty expensive and time consuming hoops to open. Including a dog groomer that had to put a handicap bathroom and water fountain in the back of the building where her wash tubs are. Makes zero sense to me. I am grateful they didn't make me do that!
As much as I would like to move, I really do like most of the strip mall area I am in and I am blessed with a very good landlord. I would dread going into a brand new strip mall and having to pay 6X the rent, have a 5 year lease and have to pay for the parking lot and landscape maintenance outside the building.