Lyme Discussion

grandma

C6

After sharing with my doctor that I wanted her to consider Lyme Disease as a possible cause for my long term symptoms she ordered a C6 and a repeat Western Blot. Anyone with long term symptoms diagnosed based on the C6 or was this just a waste of time? My Western Blot was negative 5 years ago and the only thing that’s changed is 5 more years of worsening symptoms so I expect it to still be negative. I should have the test results tomorrow. If the results are negative I am going to need a new doc because mine is not going to treat me for Lyme Disease without a positive blood test.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
After sharing with my doctor that I wanted her to consider Lyme Disease as a possible cause for my long term symptoms she ordered a C6 and a repeat Western Blot. Anyone with long term symptoms diagnosed based on the C6 or was this just a waste of time? My Western Blot was negative 5 years ago and the only thing that’s changed is 5 more years of worsening symptoms so I expect it to still be negative. I should have the test results tomorrow. If the results are negative I am going to need a new doc because mine is not going to treat me for Lyme Disease without a positive blood test.

Did you get my PM and make the call?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I just received this and wanted to pass it on. Dr. Cafferty will be one of the speakers.

Wednesday March 24th, from 7 to 9.
Free to the public
Sponsored by: Lyme awareness Network 50 Clyde Jones Rd. Sunderland, MD (across from Sullivan's Autobody)
Location is at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Recognize symptoms of lyme:
Painful, joints, achy or weak muscles, exhausting fatigue
Changes in memory, difficulty with verbal skills or multitasking
Neurological twitches, numbness, tingling

Space is limited so please call 443-968-1991 if you would like to attend.

Awesome Doctor. I feel so much better because of his help.

gobblergetter

I just received this and wanted to pass it on. Dr. Cafferty will be one of the speakers.

Free to the public
Sponsored by: Lyme awareness Network 50 Clyde Jones Rd. Sunderland, MD (across from Sullivan's Autobody)

ShyGirl, just wanted to say that the phone number is for more info. about the event. We are not taking reservations . . first come, first get a seat. And yes, Dr. C. is on the program to speak about how Lyme affects the brain.
Thanks-
gg

gobblergetter

?? Briefed ?? Is he ok?

Hotcoffee, at the time I read your post and you asked if he was o.k.,I replied with "yes". At this time I have heard different about his well being. You probably heard information on this before I did. I will be trying to find more out about his condition thru today and tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion.
gg

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
At this time I have heard different about his well being. You probably heard information on this before I did. I will be trying to find more out about his condition thru today and tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion.
gg

Please keep us informed.
If there is anything that I can do to help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.
He is a great Dr., and for what he has done to help me I would love to return the favor.

hotcoffee

Please keep us informed.
If there is anything that I can do to help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.
He is a great Dr., and for what he has done to help me I would love to return the favor.

I second that.... if Dr. C wouldn't mind... I'm sure both of us would keep a pm confidential....

I am grateful for his care and hope he is on the path to normal again...

gobblergetter

I second that.... if Dr. C wouldn't mind... I'm sure both of us would keep a pm confidential....

I am grateful for his care and hope he is on the path to normal again...

Dr. Cafferty will not be present at the Lyme Awareness Night on March 24.
He is doing o.k. but will be out of the office for a time. The office will be open again on March 29th according to the sign on his office door.
thanks-
gg

gobblergetter

There will be other speakers tho.... right?

I mean it is still a go?????

Yes, Lyme Awareness Night is still a go.
At this short notice, it has been a challenge to find another LLMD to speak in his place. The commitee is doing the best it can.
With or without a LLMD the program will be informative for many, I'm sure.
thanks-
gg

hotcoffee

Free to the public

Bump so people can get the address- date- and time.....

see ya there

grandma

Dr. Cafferty

What arrangments have been made for his Lyme patients? I haven't heard anything and I have a follow- up appt scheduled for next week. What is everyone doing that had appts scheduled, especially if you needed med refills, while he is out? I am not being insensitive and I don't know anything except the rumor of a medical emergency (not even sure if the situation is Dr. C or a family member). I know he works very hard and NEEDS to take the time he requires to be ready to return. I am just thinking that if I need to schedule with someone else I'd better make the call soon.

hotcoffee

What arrangments have been made for his Lyme patients? I haven't heard anything and I have a follow- up appt scheduled for next week. What is everyone doing that had appts scheduled, especially if you needed med refills, while he is out? I am not being insensitive and I don't know anything except the rumor of a medical emergency (not even sure if the situation is Dr. C or a family member). I know he works very hard and NEEDS to take the time he requires to be ready to return. I am just thinking that if I need to schedule with someone else I'd better make the call soon.

I can't tell you much... I have an appt. scheduled for Thursday. At the meeting in Sunderland, those "in the know" said that he had a heart attack. I also heard [note this is second hand info... all of it...] that he was going to find someone to take some of the patients for a little while... but then again... he could be back by now and the office could be really busy..... just hang in there a little longer and I'm sure we will all have answers....

lisa8439

I can't tell you much... I have an appt. scheduled for Thursday. At the meeting in Sunderland, those "in the know" said that he had a heart attack. I also heard [note this is second hand info... all of it...] that he was going to find someone to take some of the patients for a little while... but then again... he could be back by now and the office could be really busy..... just hang in there a little longer and I'm sure we will all have answers....

Oh my - he is under a ton of stress I am sure... he takes his lyme patients under his wing, and you can only take so much in before you break. I really hope that he isn't getting any sort of pressure from the CDC/government because of how he is treating his lymies... he has made such a positive difference in SO many lives. So Dr. C. if you are reading this, please get better - we need you to keep fighting for us, and for yourself and your family!

I hate to say 'he is too young to have those health problems' because that's what people tell me all of the time when they hear about my medical problems... but I just feel so badly for him. I hate to think that he was ignoring his own medical issues so that he could take care of everyone else's medical issues... but that is how a compassionate mind thinks, I'm sure many of us can relate to that.

And yes I will put in my disclaimer that I do not know what is going on with the good Doc. and that everything I just wrote is my own thoughts/opinions... I do hope that everything is ok, we need him back - and I'm sure that he knows that. If there is any way his patients could send him a get well card, I would appreciate a PM :howdy: