Lymes Disease Pony

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Please don't hack my thread this way... You said one word "Probiotics" ...that really wasn't helpful? I mean elaborate if you want a reply!

No one will now post helpful information because they don't want to bother with your dribble or vying for attention here.... one of the reasons I RARELY POST to this site! Some smart ass has to step in and try and turn the attention on themselves... I have posted before only to have this happen before...

Once again trying to get real advice from knowledgeable horse people who have treated it... and hopefully helping others that have the same type of question.

If you have some useful information, please post it.. what you said was not at all helpful to me.... What Probiotics did you use? etc.... thanks...

Somebody ask for a smart ass?

:howdy:

DQ2B

Why the F do you horse people not acknowledge my post?

Well, if you read my post you idiot you would have seen that I DID acknowledge your post by reccommending the particular NAME of the probiotic op should look into.

DQ2B

Got the xrays of the fronts and she said that: The hoof wall is parallel to P3. There still may have a bit of the distal displacement (the slipping in the hoof we spoke about) but her thick sole depth kept that from being too much of a problem...

So no rotation it looks like...

Did you give the pro-bio before starting the Doxy? And did you get it from your vet or online? The price is a lot different to buy tablets and crush vs. vet's supply... just trying to save $ if I can after the 1st vet bill!

Pro bi is made by Advanced Biological Concepts. Several of the online equine catalogues carry it. Be careful of some of the others. Many have SUGAR as the first ingredient. You can start with the doxy or after the 30 days.

DQ2B

I told aceyswan about probiotics, then all these other numbnuts reply with the same thing I told her.
Idiots.

Your one word post was hardly helpful. Not all probiotics are equal and do you happen to know which would be appropriate for her situation?

Last edited:

DQ2B

Can you elaborate on how you came to the Lymes diagnosis?? I have had a dog that tested pos for lymes, but never a horse. Doxy to treat the dog but concerned now about my horses. What kind of symptoms did you see that caused you to consult a vet? Thanks in advance-- worried about my larger four legged kids now!

DoWhat should be able to answer. He's the resident expert on this thread.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
And another thing........................
Keep your pony and horses off of Great Mills Rd. during evening rush hour.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Your one word post was hardly helpful. Not all probiotics are equal and do you happen to know which would be appropriate for her situation?

Damn, you horsey people are a bunch of uptight azzholes aren't you??

SoMDGirl42

What's the record for first post in a thread to total meltdown? Anyone know?

Sorry to hear about the pony. Hope the antibiotics and probiotics help.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
I told aceyswan about probiotics, then all these other numbnuts reply with the same thing I told her.
Idiots.
Why do YOU always have to be such an #######? Why don't you take it to another forum? Seriously! Maybe no one acknowledges your posts they see how out of control you usually act.

Last edited:

gemma_rae

Why do YOU always have to be such an #######? Why don't you take it to another forum? Seriously! Maybe no one acknowledges your posts they see how out of control you usually act.

I like the posts about his cat. Did you know his cat can kill snakes?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I usually imagine an invisible :sarcasm: at the end of his posts. Kind of like reading a fortune cookie and ending it with "in bed". :shrug:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Lyme disease in horses (equine lyme disease)The only treatment available is based on antibiotics, and it takes several weeks. The good news is that, if equine Lyme disease is diagnosed correctly, the animal responds quickly to the treatment, and the first signs of improvement can be seen in 2 to 5 days. If there is no quick response, it's most likely that the diagnosis was not correct in the first place, and the horse has some other problem. One can also use anti-inflammatory drugs against the pain and stiffness and stomach medicine to help the horse cope with the antibiotic treatment - these are useful, but have no influence on the infection itself.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Lyme disease in horses (equine lyme disease)The only treatment available is based on antibiotics, and it takes several weeks. The good news is that, if equine Lyme disease is diagnosed correctly, the animal responds quickly to the treatment, and the first signs of improvement can be seen in 2 to 5 days. If there is no quick response, it's most likely that the diagnosis was not correct in the first place, and the horse has some other problem. One can also use anti-inflammatory drugs against the pain and stiffness and stomach medicine to help the horse cope with the antibiotic treatment - these are useful, but have no influence on the infection itself.

:huggy:... thank for the info...

and when should the meds be given...:love: (am, pm, SID, or BID... and the dosage as well)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:huggy:... thank for the info...

and when should the meds be given...:love: (am, pm, SID, or BID... and the dosage as well)

Dr Dowhat, Equine Proctologist..

Head and Shoulders above all the rest!!

Last edited:

DQ2B

Damn, you horsey people are a bunch of uptight azzholes aren't you??

Nope, only to those that feel they should comment about nothing they really KNOW about and then don't provide useful information that the op asked for in the first place. It has nothing to do with horses or being a "horse person." I don't discriminate, I'll be uptight with ANYONE on ANY subject that sounds rude in a thread where someone was simply asking for advice.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Nope, only to those that feel they should comment about nothing they really KNOW about and then don't provide useful information that the op asked for in the first place. It has nothing to do with horses or being a "horse person." I don't discriminate, I'll be uptight with ANYONE on ANY subject that sounds rude in a thread where someone was simply asking for advice.

Nope, not convinced..

I think I was right with my original assumption..