Mag loaders

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Delivered to your home I assume? Are you sure that's legal? .

It most definitely is not legal. Go to any site that sells on line; if they do not specifically list Maryland as a place they won't ship mags over 20rd (most list the states) then they will have this general disclaimer instead:

We only ship to states that it is legal to have 30rd magazines.

That said, I'm aware of occasions where mags over 20 rds were shipped through the mail to MD addresses, even though the seller had stated prior that the mags could not be shipped to MD and would have to be removed from the order.

It's crazy out there.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
It is my understanding that you can own and use any capacity magazine you want to. You just cannot buy, sell or receive a mag over 10 rounds within state lines. I've bought a few firearms over the last few years that had to be shipped to my FFL sans magazines because they were over 20 rounds in capacity.

I've been looking at a mag loader for some of my 7.62 stuff. But at 300 bucks, I'm still loading the mags by hand for now. I'll make sure I get one if it looks like we're getting close to the SHTF.

:buddies:

Is it that difficult to load mags by hand, bullet by bullet, in a non-pressure plinking situation? If you are worried for a SHTF situation, have a number of mags pre-loaded, and just rotate out to different mags every month or so.

If the situation arises that one has to expel all the rounds already loaded, then it is probably too late. Just send out a bulletin online of what is happening and hope the rest catch on.

Ya know, one if by land, two if by sea, three if by black op helicopters, etc.

Personally, my AK 47 is my best gun, because it will NEVER not work. Not as accurate as my 5.56 or .308, but up to two or three hundred yards, who cares?

I do agree, though, that that time is probably approaching

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Is it that difficult to load mags by hand, bullet by bullet, in a non-pressure plinking situation?

"Plinking" is Latin for 'shoot up all the ammo you have with you' so, yeah, it sucks loading, what, 2-300 rounds, one by one, with your fingers.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
"Plinking" is Latin for 'shoot up all the ammo you have with you' so, yeah, it sucks loading, what, 2-300 rounds, one by one, with your fingers.

You're just lazy at the range. Are you charged by the hour? Gives the gun time to cool down a bit, grab a water, etc. . Pre-load the good stuff for home defense.:buddies:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
"so, yeah, it sucks loading, what, 2-300 rounds, one by one, with your fingers.

That!. I sat down a couple weeks ago and loaded only 300 rounds in to 6 mags and it took forever and about made my fingers bleed. Yet that same ammo will end up downrange in a matter of minutes.

*sigh*