Maid of Honor

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I don't agree. I think it would be awesome to get flowers or that fruit arrangement with a note asking to be someone's Maid of Honor. I don't find that impersonal at all.

See at first I thought it was impersonal at first too, but then I thought I would think it was neat if I didn't know it was coming and got that on my desk at work out of the blue..

J

jaybeeztoo

See at first I thought it was impersonal at first too, but then I thought I would think it was neat if I didn't know it was coming and got that on my desk at work out of the blue..

Exactly, and who doesn't love a little surprise? :shrug:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Exactly, and who doesn't love a little surprise? :shrug:

Ok here's another thought;
A giant cookie that say will you be my Maid of Honor

Attachments

• cookie.jpg
    cookie.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 87

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Just do a girls day out with her. Shopping, lunch, dinner.......Maybe get a card that's blank on the inside, and tell her how much her friendship means to you and so forth. The last part say “This is why I have chosen you to be my maid of honor" Will you?

That way you are right there with her while she is reading it and it's not impersonal and it will be a cheap way to give her something to keep, remembering the day.

I got my girls their ear rings and a necklace that matched their dresses.

Not sure what we got the guys, maybe a mug with their names engraved?

You could do champagne glasses for everyone with their names engraved and have them at the wedding table.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I was thinking about getting a little gift box (something small, inexpensive) when she opens the box have a little card inside that says will you be my Maid of Honor or I thought of send her a ediable fruit basket and having the card say Would you be my Maid of Honor.

Any thoughts?

Ill be your maid of honer for an edible fruit basket.:love:

poster

Very cute!
I like the over lunch/dinner in person idea better.
You're not proposing.

Last edited:
C

CalvertNewbie

I got them all gift certificates for their wedding do and a pearl necklace to wear at the wedding.

I did something similar. I paid for hair & makeup for my girls and bought them a necklace & earrings that matched their dresses. I had a small wedding party who had travelled from out of town (some from out of state) and they obviously didn't know of any salons where hubby & I lived at the time. It was nice for us to get ready for our big day together from the time we woke up.

ocean733

I would never do something like take them out to lunch and give them a gift.

This is their choice. You don't want to make them feel obligated.

Some of my best friends couldn't because they were not finanacially able to do so. I would have embarrassed them.

poster

I would never do something like take them out to lunch and give them a gift.

This is their choice. You don't want to make them feel obligated.

Some of my best friends couldn't because they were not finanacially able to do so. I would have embarrassed them.

I thought the same. My MOH was not in the wedding because she was pregnant and didn't want to stand that long. I gifted a VISA gift card that could be used anywhere, some of the girls used it on their dresses.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I thought the same. My MOH was not in the wedding because she was pregnant and didn't want to stand that long. I gifted a VISA gift card that could be used anywhere, some of the girls used it on their dresses.

Never thought of that
Thank you

ocean733

I got my wedding party their hair for that day and for their nails to be done. I also gave them earrings.

Cowgirl

I don't really see the need for making it special. :shrug: I was my sister's, but I think she'd asked me to be long before she was engaged. My sister will be mine, and I'm pretty sure she already knows. :lmao:

Ok, so I just called my sister and asked her to be my Matron of Honor and she said yes! What weird timing! :lol:

sarahblk

Sleep Deprived
I got my girls: Beach bags with jewlery to wear the day of, a small box of godiva, and some little odds and ends
I got my MOH (my sister) the same and a vera bradley purse she wanted.

We got the guys: engraved cufflinks, cigars, nice coolers with a 6 pack in it.