Make 300 Sandwiches - It’s Okay to be a Housewife

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
When I started dating my wife, I stayed with her the 1st summer we were dating, I had a job site [ I was working as an Electrician ] up the street from her apt, so I saved a 50 min drive every morning staying with her ...

She got up with me every morning and while I showered, she packed me a lunch and made a couple of scrambled egg cheese and bacojn sandwiches ....

I never asked her to, she just did it because that what her mother did for her father .... her coworkers were shocked at her actions

PeoplesElbow

When I started dating my wife, I stayed with her the 1st summer we were dating, I had a job site [ I was working as an Electrician ] up the street from her apt, so I saved a 50 min drive every morning staying with her ...

She got up with me every morning and while I showered, she packed me a lunch and made a couple of scrambled egg cheese and bacojn sandwiches ....

I never asked her to, she just did it because that what her mother did for her father .... her coworkers were shocked at her actions
Glad you said wife, you'd have been stupid to not grabbed onto her.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That behavior burns out fast.

You know, I wasn't going to say anything.....but you opened the door so here I go.....

Speaking only for myself and the handful of women I know well, we respond to behaviors. If you're nice, we're nice. If you're a dick, we're dicks. If we're making you sandwiches and you show your appreciation by ignoring us or being rude to us, we'll stop making sandwiches.

Now, you might think the woman started it, but that's because you only see her reaction and not your own behavior that prompted her reaction. And when she points out your behavior that prompted her reaction, you say she's just being a bitch and the fight is on.

Which is not to say that all women are saints and men are sinners, but many times I hear some guy griping about his woman and I think, "That's why your wife doesn't make you sandwiches, because you dog her out to strangers."

:sshrug: