Make up replacement time

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Sooooo, I've been using Mary Kay for the majority of my makeup along with miscellanous Merle Norman lipsticks and such...and now due to my lack of commute to DC, and the fact that my supplies are running low, I feel, believe it is TIME FOR A CHANGE (sorry I watch too much political news coverage anyhoo)... :ohwell:

I have a distinct yellow cast to my skin - I am told it's an olive complexion, but I personally think it's jaundice. This makes the skin under my eyes appear bluish. Weird huh? The clincher is I like my freckles and don't want to hide them under a thick or full coverage foundation.

Here's the other thing, I really have to have somebody (a professional) tell me what colors work for me. Otherwise I can very easily wander into work looking like a refugee from some 70's disco lounge. :stupid: So there is no way any of you can just send me to a counter or internet site and tell me to buy a "brand". I have to have help in this.

So after establishing all that...any suggestions?! :lol:

Last edited:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Sooooo, I've been using Mark Kay for the majority of my makeup along with miscellanous Merle Norman lipsticks and such...and now due to my lack of commute to DC, and the fact that my supplies are running low, I feel, believe it is TIME FOR A CHANGE (sorry I watch too much political news coverage anyhoo)... :ohwell:

I have a distinct yellow cast to my skin - I am told it's an olive complexion, but I personally think it's jaundice. This makes the skin under my eyes appear bluish. Weird huh? The clincher is I like my freckles and don't want to hide them under a thick or full coverage foundation.

Here's the other thing, I really have to have somebody (a professional) tell me what colors work for me. Otherwise I can very easily wander into work looking like a refugee from some 70's disco lounge. :stupid: So there is no way any of you can just send me to a counter or internet site and tell me to buy a "brand". I have to have help in this.

Go to MAC. They might wear bright bold colors, and go crazy with the eye makeup, but they don't want you to look bad, and if you ask for natural they will go natural and teach what to do

KWAK

Sooooo, I've been using Mark Kay for the majority of my makeup along with miscellanous Merle Norman lipsticks and such...and now due to my lack of commute to DC, and the fact that my supplies are running low, I feel, believe it is TIME FOR A CHANGE (sorry I watch too much political news coverage anyhoo)... :ohwell:

Call any of the make up stands in Macy's and you can get a free make-over. I do this every 6 months or so - pick a new counter and see what colors they'd use on me - then I wind up buying all of it! Well, if I like it. . .

Do you have any luck with concealer for under the eyes? If you can blend well, you can use a heavier foundation under the eyes as well. It's really hard to say without your skin!! But, anybody can use any color! It's all about the application of it!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
So you've been ignoring all of our glowing praise for Bare Minerals, eh?

Which consists of you all ordering it from an internet site...how is that supposed to help the idiots like me? I can't pick my own colors to save my life!

Which consists of you all ordering it from an internet site...how is that supposed to help the idiots like me? I can't pick my own colors to save my life!

In all seriousness, if you want to give BM a try, take a trip to Annapolis Mall this weekend. They have a Bare Minerals store now and you can try it all out in person BEFORE you buy. They will be able to give you specific help in the areas you need it.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

They have samples at that place on the square. You can try it there, and buy it there.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

You can pick up BM in Leonardtown or Annapolis. Target even carries the "Back to Basics" kit.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
They have samples at that place on the square. You can try it there, and buy it there.

Do they help...or am I going to be confronted with an aisle of colors and products and told to chose on my own like shopping at Target?

Kittykat33

Why me??
In all seriousness, if you want to give BM a try, take a trip to Annapolis Mall this weekend. They have a Bare Minerals store now and you can try it all out in person BEFORE you buy. They will be able to give you specific help in the areas you need it.

I was there this weekend and it was like walking into a candy store. I could not believe all the colors they had...I was in love.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Do they help...or am I going to be confronted with an aisle of colors and products and told to chose on my own like shopping at Target?

Mig, BM foundation is not hard to pick up. They have three basic shades - light, medium & dark. If you start with a kit you get a mix of 2 of the basic shades.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Mig, I'm going to be at Hair Company this afternoon. I'll ask her if they do BM makeovers and let you know.

KWAK

Is Bare Minerals the foundation that's like a powder?? I haven't really heard many reviews on it - so it's interesting to hear of so many people into it. Is it good for combination skin? Is it just foundation, or everything?