Man At Crossroads After Wife Changes

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“She Wants To Quit Her Job Permanently To Become Lazy”

“She Wants To Quit Her Job Permanently To Become Lazy”: Man At Crossroads After Wife Changes

“She Wants To Quit Her Job Permanently To Become Lazy”: Man At Crossroads After Wife Changes

Clem72

I could understand wanting to change jobs, not all "coding" jobs are high stress. But if they have no kids and they have considerably different ideas about their lifestyles, maybe they don't need to be married.

Seems like a bit of nonsense though, I don't know anywhere where they will be able to live and support the luxuries she wants on 100k a year unless they are living paycheck to paycheck, no savings, no retirement, no paying off the mortgage.

But this dude needs to file before she quits her job, if they make the same money there should be no alimony. If she quits first, he's screwed.

SamSpade

You know, the irony here is, if this was the 50's or 60's, the husband would be mildly IRATE that his wife did any work outside the home and that it was his job and sense of worth to be the sole provider for his family. And his friends and neighbors would whisper and gossip about it.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
She's having an affair. Do what Clem said ASAP!
I could understand wanting to change jobs, not all "coding" jobs are high stress. But if they have no kids and they have considerably different ideas about their lifestyles, maybe they don't need to be married.

Seems like a bit of nonsense though, I don't know anywhere where they will be able to live and support the luxuries she wants on 100k a year unless they are living paycheck to paycheck, no savings, no retirement, no paying off the mortgage.

But this dude needs to file before she quits her job, if they make the same money there should be no alimony. If she quits first, he's screwed.