Man Must Register As Sex Offender

Otter

Nothing to see here
Local Dad Shocked By Sex Charges Against Him

POSTED: 6:45 pm EST February 18, 2004 UPDATED: 8:38 pm EST February 18, 2004

A man who police say provided condoms for his daughter to have sex appeared in court for a preliminary hearing Wednesday, Local 4 reported.

Mike Schrake (pictured, left) told Local 4 he was only trying to protect his 15-year-old daughter when he contacted police after discovering the man his daughter was having sex with lied about his age.

"The father believed that the suspect was only 18 years old having sex with his 15-year-old daughter. He then found out that the suspect was actually 20 years old," said Lt. Dan Kolke of the Fraser Police Department.

The teen's father went to Fraser police to file a complaint against Ronald Gossage (pictured, below), but police were apparently just as concerned with the fact that he was letting his teenage daughter have sex at all.

"You feel like you're doing the right thing. They seem more interested in jailing me than the other guy," said Schrake.

Police say Schrake allowed Gossage to sleep in the same bed as his daughter and also provided them with condoms.

But Schrake denied those allegations. He said he let Gossage stay at his house in the fall of 2003, but never consented to him having sex with his daughter.

"I gave my daughter condoms back in the summer before she even knew this guy, when I found out she was no longer a virgin since age of 14," said Schrake.

Schrake pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor, but was reportedly still having difficulty dealing with the situation because he is not permitted to see his three children.

Police say as a part of the plea agreement, Schrake must register as a sex offender. He must also continue to go through the court system so he can move back in with his family, the station reported.

Gossage, who faces three counts of criminal sexual conduct in the third degree, is expected to appear in circuit court in March.

Local 4 learned that in the state of Michigan, sex is a crime if both consenting parties aren't at least 17 years old.
Harsh?? What if he took her to gyno and had her on birth control?

This is just WRONG! The girl was already having sex, and her dad was just trying to keep her as safe as he could (knowing that short of a convent, there was no way she was gonna stop doing it) and trying to keep her from getting preggers. Unless something else comes out, showing he is lying, this is just wrong.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I was almost going to agree he got a bad deal until I read the previous article...
Police say the sexual activity took place in the fall when the father allowed his daughter's boyfriend, Ronald Gossage, to stay with them for at least 10 days in their Fraser home.

"He allowed the suspect to sleep in the same bed as his 15-year-old daughter. There's also statements from them that he provided condoms," said Lt. Dan Kolke of the Fraser Police Department.

He's an idiot.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Sharon
I was almost going to agree he got a bad deal until I read the previous article...

He's an idiot.

But, he didn't give permission for him to tap the booty. :rolleyes:

But Schrake denied those allegations. He said he let Gossage stay at his house in the fall of 2003, but never consented to him having sex with his daughter.

Yep, he's an idiot.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Police say the sexual activity took place in the fall when the father allowed his daughter's boyfriend, Ronald Gossage, to stay with them for at least 10 days in their Fraser home.

"He allowed the suspect to sleep in the same bed as his 15-year-old daughter. There's also statements from them that he provided condoms," said Lt. Dan Kolke of the Fraser Police Department.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's an idiot.
quote:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by IM4Change
But, he didn't give permission for him to tap the booty. :rolleyes:

I guess he gave them condoms for water balloon fights then. :lol:

I guess he gave them condoms for water ballon fights then. :lol:
"I gave my daughter condoms back in the summer before she even knew this guy, when I found out she was no longer a virgin since age of 14," said Schrake.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by huntr1
There were statements from both kids that dad provided condoms to them. Tell me, if you know your 15 year old is having sex, are you gonna let the BF sleep over - in the same room, same bed?

Most dads I know would have the shotgun loaded.