Manning to Denver?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Tebow to H back.

He'll catch 80 passes, score 12 TD's, run for over 500 yards and always be a threat on an option.

thurley42

HY;FR
Tebow to the practice squad where he belongs.......

We discussed the possibility of Tebow to Jax..how many times has a guy every sold out a stadium while losing miserably? That is what would happen in Jacksonville.....

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Tebow to the practice squad where he belongs.......

We discussed the possibility of Tebow to Jax..how many times has a guy every sold out a stadium while losing miserably? That is what would happen in Jacksonville.....

It makes sense. Especially since the Jags' main option is Chad Henne right now. Blaine Gabbert gets worse every week.

Tebow and MoJo could make a pretty lethal two headed running attack.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Maybe, but would he change positions and take a "non-leadership" role with the team?

London Fletcher is the leader of the Redskins.

Ray Lewis of B'more.

Ronnie Lott was in San Fran. Jerry Rice, too.

Anthony Munoz was of the great Bengal teams.

I mean, it seems obvious that his future career at QB is limited by two things; his talent not being quite enough to be a number 1 QB and the fact that, the way he plays, he will not physically last long. As young and strong as he is now, he limped into the playoffs last year very beat up and it will only get worse with age. You simply can't protect yourself that well as a QB running. That said, it's his life and if he insists on QB, someone will give him a go. No reason he can't have a good couple of years.

:shrug:

DipStick

Ray Lewis of B'more.

I mean, it seems obvious that his future career at QB is limited by two things; his talent not being quite enough to be a number 1 QB and the fact that, the way he plays, he will not physically last long. As young and strong as he is now, he limped into the playoffs last year very beat up and it will only get worse with age. You simply can't protect yourself that well as a QB running. That said, it's his life and if he insists on QB, someone will give him a go. No reason he can't have a good couple of years.

Tebow to Jacksonville makes the most sense.

thurley42

HY;FR
It makes sense. Especially since the Jags' main option is Chad Henne right now. Blaine Gabbert gets worse every week.

Tebow and MoJo could make a pretty lethal two headed running attack.

No.....it makes no sense. Gabbert and Henne are way better QB's, don't let the smoke and mirrors fool you. Tebow won because of an amazing defense, great special teams, a good running game, and the AFC West schedule.

You put everything on him, which is pretty much what would happen in Jax in the AFC South. Not to mention you are playing the NFC North this year.....good luck beating Chicago, Detroit, or Green Bay...

The ONLY thing Tebow helps with is ticket sales....and since this has surpassed winning in importance, it's completely feasible that Jax takes him, loses, and still manages to sell out, or sell more seats in the stadium.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Tebow to Jacksonville makes the most sense.

Not to me. They're the worst offense in football. Good defense but, where is the offensive upside? It will all be on him with the magic of last season gone.

Hell, staying on the bench and learning from Manning makes more sense.

If he wants to play, have a HoF qb throw you the ball.

DipStick

No.....it makes no sense. Gabbert and Henne are way better QB's, don't let the smoke and mirrors fool you. Tebow won because of an amazing defense, great special teams, a good running game, and the AFC West schedule.

You put everything on him, which is pretty much what would happen in Jax in the AFC South. Not to mention you are playing the NFC North this year.....good luck beating Chicago, Detroit, or Green Bay...

The ONLY thing Tebow helps with is ticket sales....and since this has surpassed winning in importance, it's completely feasible that Jax takes him, loses, and still manages to sell out, or sell more seats in the stadium.

Blaine Gabbert's a good QB? Could have fooled me. :killingme:killingme:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

DipStick

Not to me. They're the worst offense in football. Good defense but, where is the offensive upside? It will all be on him with the magic of last season gone.

Hell, staying on the bench and learning from Manning makes more sense.

If he wants to play, have a HoF qb throw you the ball.

The Jaguars have relied on a mobile QB package since Garrard took them to the playoffs. Tebow fits that package, Gabbert's 98 rushing yards and his turnovers don't. In fact, as long as Gabbert's front and center, I'm gonna refer to them as the Jacksonville Turnovers.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The Jaguars have relied on a mobile QB package since Garrard took them to the playoffs. Tebow fits that package, Gabbert's 98 rushing yards and his turnovers don't. In fact, as long as Gabbert's front and center, I'm gonna refer to them as the Jacksonville Turnovers.

Mobile qb.

Not guy at QB who mostly runs.

Garrard, would you agree, was a much better passer than Tebow?

DipStick

Hey, when everyone around you looks and smells like crap, it's hard to look like a million bucks....Peyton is about the only one capable of that.

David Garrard took that team to the playoffs once and almost led them to the playoffs the year before he was fired with the same type of football Tebow plays.

In fact, I wanted to burn #### when Jacksonville fired DG. The move made no sense, that is unless you're the Jacksonville Jaguars.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?

Ray Lewis of B'more.

Great examples however Tebow wont be the offensive leader if Peyton Manning is on the team. That's what I was trying to get at. Most players have a role that they feel comfortable being in and might not like giving up. Tebow become an emotional (and in many ways spiritual) leader for Denver. All the media hype made his leadership role grow even more. With "Tebow time" and "Tebowing" and "Can Tebow do it again?" it wasn't "Can Denver pull out another great come-from-behind victory?", it was "Can Tebow pull out another victory?". So I think the media made him more than he really was.

Did he enjoy all that attention and get an ego boost? And is he willing to give up that limelight? We will find out soon enough.
My guess is Denver will get rid of him if they can.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey, when everyone around you looks and smells like crap, it's hard to look like a million bucks....Peyton is about the only one capable of that.

There was a big argument on 980 about Manning (healthy, of course) being able to, clearly, have taken the Skins to 9 or even 10 wins last year.

It's always the fascinating argument where you take for granted the games you won and then look at how a given player would have changed things in the games you lost. We beat the Giants twice. To assume Manning beats his brother twice is silly. The Giants take off Skins games because, well, it's hard to get up for us. It just is. A brother game would have been a big deal for them. Twice.

I mean, yeah, it sounds better on paper to have Peyton Manning over Rex Grossman but, to assume anything with our offense and not assume he gets pummeled is video game silliness.

Peyton Manning or no, you can't polish a turd.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Great examples however Tebow wont be the offensive leader if Peyton Manning is on the team. .

I agree but, Ray isn't the defensive leader; he's the team leader.

Manning always struck me as the Qb, the guy who knows his #### don't stink and, as long as all the lowly grunts do their job, he can shine. Team leaders are the guys who, either side of the ball, special teams, THAT guy is our heart and soul. Lewis, Lott, Fletcher, Munoz. Manning was the team leader but, he wasn't the heart and soul.

I am speculating whether Tebow can, by sacrificing to go play another position, still be the TEAM leader, as he was last year. A guy like that, man, a big block, a catch and a great run, heart and soul.

thurley42

HY;FR
There was a big argument on 980 about Manning (healthy, of course) being able to, clearly, have taken the Skins to 9 or even 10 wins last year.

It's always the fascinating argument where you take for granted the games you won and then look at how a given player would have changed things in the games you lost. We beat the Giants twice. To assume Manning beats his brother twice is silly. The Giants take off Skins games because, well, it's hard to get up for us. It just is. A brother game would have been a big deal for them. Twice.

I mean, yeah, it sounds better on paper to have Peyton Manning over Rex Grossman but, to assume anything with our offense and not assume he gets pummeled is video game silliness.

Peyton Manning or no, you can't polish a turd.

Before this past season I would completely agree with everything you said. That was until the Colts went from the AFC Championship game to winning 2 games without Manning. I would have never believed a team could go from that high to that low in one season....

I agree but, Ray isn't the defensive leader; he's the team leader.

Manning always struck me as the Qb, the guy who knows his #### don't stink and, as long as all the lowly grunts do their job, he can shine. Team leaders are the guys who, either side of the ball, special teams, THAT guy is our heart and soul. Lewis, Lott, Fletcher, Munoz. Manning was the team leader but, he wasn't the heart and soul.

I am speculating whether Tebow can, by sacrificing to go play another position, still be the TEAM leader, as he was last year. A guy like that, man, a big block, a catch and a great run, heart and soul.

Manning will be the leader of the team, I think that's a big reason he's going to Denver vice San Fransico. Harbaugh won't let him run the team like Fox will.