Mapping 20,000 ships sank during World War II

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member

Resurfacing the past​

More than 20,000 ships sank during World War II. One man is on a mission to map them all — and is uncovering untold stories along the way.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I wonder how our Navy, (carriers, destroyers, landing craft etc.), would have fared if women were allowed, encouraged by wokeness as such today, to serve on those ships during World War II? I would wager that we would have lost many of those battles ~ Perhaps even the war.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Resurfacing the past​

More than 20,000 ships sank during World War II. One man is on a mission to map them all — and is uncovering untold stories along the way.

does that include all of the ' fishing boats ' the Japanese were using for resupply ?

Hessian

The tragic element in the SW Pacific is that the hunger for steel/copper etc has led to complete destruction of war graves if the wreck is within salvageable depths. They will hack it to pieces and sell it for scrap. To my knowledge, the USN or Dept of State has done nothing to protect those sites.

black dog

Free America
For your consideration ...

I wonder how our Navy, (carriers, destroyers, landing craft etc.), would have fared if women were allowed, encouraged by wokeness as such today, to serve on those ships during World War II? I would wager that we would have lost many of those battles ~ Perhaps even the war.
Its tough to get You Gear, with no one working in The Rear.

During WW2 three of my Great Aunts and one Great Uncle worked our familys dairy farm in Walkersville, Md. Those Great Aunts helped with morning milking and then went and worked 10-12 hours at Ox Fibre Brush Co in Frederick making gun cleaning brushes. They did it for the entire war, for they had four brothers that were Army and Marine Infantrymen serving overseas.

I believe that all folks were a lot hardier back then, when comparing to today's typical lazy American.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The tragic element in the SW Pacific is that the hunger for steel/copper etc has led to complete destruction of war graves if the wreck is within salvageable depths.

Steel NOT contaminated with fallout from Nuclear Testing