Margaret Brent Middle School

I think it's time to move the principal at Margaret Brent to another school. She wants to try a be "friends" with all the kids. The trouble makers are sent to her office, then seen leaving with candy in their hands.

black dog

Free America
I think it's time to move the principal at Margaret Brent to another school. She wants to try a be "friends" with all the kids. The trouble makers are sent to her office, then seen leaving with candy in their hands.

That turns out as well as the parents that are " friends " with their children...
Parent first, friends later. Principal first.. friends after they graduate.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Lil' Johhny gets written up for disrupting class and gets detention. Lil' Jamal gets written up for disrupting class and gets suspended. See, Lil' Johnnie got a better deal because he's white. But quite often when you dug into the meat of it, Lil Johnnie three a paper ball at someone in class, while Lil' Jamal tossed a desk across the room. If you just present the basic offense and the punishment, you can make it look pretty bad. Which is what happened.

Some kids lack self control. Why is it hard to accept that fact?

glhs837

Power with Control
Some kids lack self control. Why is it hard to accept that fact?

Well, when your only tool is a hammer, every problem is a nail. Now subsitute race-bater and racial injustice for hammer and nail. Hard to get funding for your social justice center if you dont find social justice problems.

I go to Zumba with a teacher at the middle school. She said so many of the teachers are frustrated because they don't get support from the principal. Sad because she told me that serveral are interviewing for other jobs and not returning to Margaret Brent next year.

3CATSAILOR

What is going on there, where a boy can give another boy a concussion, and only recieve ONE day on in school detention??? My son witnessed this. The boy who recieved the concussion has been bullied all year by the other boy. The boy being bullied is very short, and was always being made fun of for it. He told the boy to F off, and he hit him. ONE DAY of in school detention, and the other boy was in the hospital. Something needs to change at that school and QUICK!!!!!!

I am not sure why not only parents, but the citizens of this County who pay taxes continue to put up with schools without discipline. Public Schools in this County are purely about their Unions and very little about maintaining a "safe" environment as they advertise on their vehicles, web site and on school property. Sounds like false and deceptive advertising to me. I think a good parent who is a lawyer would have a field day with the Board of Education. St. Mary's County Board of Education used to have a Safety and Security Committee whereas Community members and parents were a part of to come to together as one team in an effort to improve our Schools. The person "in charge" of their "Safety and Security" Department in St. Mary's County disbanded it without reason. In my opinion, I believe sooner or later a child will be severely injured in a St. Mary's County school, if not worse.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I am not sure why not only parents, but the citizens of this County who pay taxes continue to put up with schools without discipline. Public Schools in this County are purely about their Unions and very little about maintaining a "safe" environment as they advertise on their vehicles, web site and on school property. Sounds like false and deceptive advertising to me. I think a good parent who is a lawyer would have a field day with the Board of Education. St. Mary's County Board of Education used to have a Safety and Security Committee whereas Community members and parents were a part of to come to together as one team in an effort to improve our Schools. The person "in charge" of their "Safety and Security" Department in St. Mary's County disbanded it without reason. In my opinion, I believe sooner or later a child will be severely injured in a St. Mary's County school, if not worse.

Hopefully, it won’t come to this. Good grief.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/1...ar-end-cash-to-students-for-not-fighting.html