marigolds

watercolor

yeah yeah
OK. It seems to be that my yellow marigolds are perishing, and my orange ones are doing just fine. I water everyday. And my other plants seem to be doing well. (my lemon balm is growing like crazy, like you said jazz)

Anyway- anything I can do? Also, I have a patio tomato- and after transplanting from the carrier from the nursery it into a pot for it to grow- it seems to just be stalled. I also planted basal with it- as to have read that was to make for a better tomato.

any ideas?

Vince

Get some Miracle Grow and mix it in with water. I use it on all new plants. If your tomato leaves start to turn yellow at the bottom of the plant, put some bone meal in the dirt. I usually put bone meal in the hole when I plant them. Works wonders.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
watercolor said:
OK. It seems to be that my yellow marigolds are perishing, and my orange ones are doing just fine. I water everyday. And my other plants seem to be doing well. (my lemon balm is growing like crazy, like you said jazz)

Anyway- anything I can do? Also, I have a patio tomato- and after transplanting from the carrier from the nursery it into a pot for it to grow- it seems to just be stalled. I also planted basal with it- as to have read that was to make for a better tomato.

any ideas?

First, you don't need to water them every day. You're probably overwatering and causing the roots to rot on the yellow ones. Water only every other day or less and you should be fine. Also, as Vince said, a weak solution of fertilizer in the water helps.

Basil with the tomato is good. It's called companion planting where one plant helps the other. The best companion for tomatoes are marigolds as they are natural bug repellants.

Keep an eye on that lemon balm. It WILL try to take over, believe me. :lol:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
watercolor said:
I have a patio tomato- and after transplanting from the carrier from the nursery it into a pot for it to grow- it seems to just be stalled.

Patience! Tomatoes love heat and we aren't even there yet.

zimmie

I hope you like lemon balm. It will take over your whole garden eventually and you will want to get rid of it.