Marking the Ballot Envelope with R/D!

gunsmoke

If I understood correctly, those numbers posted BELOW the bar code do NOT indicate if the voter is R/D/Ind.
I saw a posting where a Postal employee was urging mail in ballots be hand delivered to an election station...avoid the PO altogether. Interesting position to take. Unsure of their motivation for the caution.

Why don't you understand the position to drop off ballots at an election station or ballot drop box?

Oh, wait, I get it. Mail in voting is a fraud riddled endeavor---despite no evidence of it. Your cult leader tells you it is so, it must be so, right?

On the other hand the actual orders to cut overtime, the actual orders to remove sorting machines, the actual intent to slow down mail service in an attempt to impact the election must be false because your cult leader told you so, right?

Therefore in the oxygen starved mind of a Trump supporter, the only rational reason why people are being advised to hand deliver their ballots is because the postal employees are going to steal them, because they are just another government agency and must be part of the "deep state".

That's the logic pattern you and the rest of the brain dead are working with, right?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On the other hand the actual orders to cut overtime, the actual orders to remove sorting machines, the actual intent to slow down mail service in an attempt to impact the election must be false because your cult leader told you so, right?

Fantasy Conjecture

cutting over time has NOTHING to do with the election or removing mail boxes or sorting machines

SamSpade

This is a subject that the left positively baffles with me with their pretzel logic.

First, let me remind everyone about a basic concept of logic - if you make an assertion that something is true - such as water is wet or gravity makes stuff fall down - no corroborative piece of evidence PROVES it. It supports it - but it doesn't prove it. That is the way our science works.

BUT - one piece of evidence clearly showing the opposite does DISPROVE it. So if you claim voter or election fraud doesn't happen - and it is shown that it does happen even once - the case is made. That is also logic, and it is the foundation of our scientific method - a theory can't be proved but it can be supported by mountains of corroborative evidence. But ONE instance where it is wrong disproves it.

The left is fond of saying oh there's no evidence of voter fraud or election fraud. But there is - and people have gone to jail for it. And it's covered in the NYT or the WaPo. Sometimes in prominent cases. Sometimes, they even cave (until they later REVERT to the claim it doesn't happen) and say ok, it does - but it's not much. So you show the case in Southfield MI where a clerk changed votes she didn't like and is facing six felony charges or the lunacy of the Paterson NJ election which has to be done OVER because wads of ballots were "found" later.

So they claim well - it's NEVER actually affected the outcome of an election. Let's take a moment before I go further - doesn't happen, it's not much, it's not significant.

Until TRUMP.

THEN - there's election and voter fraud in abundance. There's the crime of "collusion" (BTW, not known as a crime) and Russian hackers who didn't actually hack anything, and meetings and stuff - and Hillary lost the same way Kerry lost - the polls said one thing but the election said another - and the left believes THE POLLS and the total lack of any SIGNIFICANT EVIDENCE OTHERWISE.

Need I repeat myself? Voter and or election fraud does not happen - there's no evidence - but you gotta remove Trump from office because he DID get in via election fraud. Got it? You could call it the case of Schroedinger's ballot box - the ballot that is BOTH legitimate and fraudulent at the same time. Now we have made it to the quantum realm of elections. There's NO SUCH THING as election fraud - unless it's your guy.

And then four years later, it never happened. Except it did.

Jeez, make up your damned mind already.

Last edited:

SamSpade

While there is great difference among experts regarding fraud with VBM (vote by mail) one thing they do generally agree on - the likelihood of fraud is greater with VBM. Because the stages it goes through for validation are mostly gone. You'd think with all the brouhaha of "TRUMP CHEATED!" that the focus would be on GREATER security with votes. Nope. The left just wants MORE votes cast - even from illegals.

No, seriously. IF you really think the election was fixed and the GOP cheated, the intelligent thing to do is make it better. More proof. More legitimate checking. LESS cheating. That's not what they're angling for. They think the GOP cheated, and they got beaten - so they're trying to tilt the cheat towards them. The hell with "disenfranchisement". It's not about fair elections, it's about winning them, fair or not.

Paterson was actually worse than I thought - https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...is_charged_in_nj_mail-in_election_143551.html -
there was clear evidence of trying to thwart the election. BECAUSE it was done with method not at all secure - it was easy to perpetrate.

Bear in mind, the Dems were AGAINST VBM until recently. Articles from the NYT and other left-leaning outlets frequently decried its use as potentially - and ACTUALLY - fraudulent.
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/...il-faulty-ballots-could-impact-elections.html

We already have a problem with ABSENTEE ballots, and they undergo considerably more scrutiny than VBM. EVERY FREAKING election, there's an absentee ballot mess, usually in Florida, because so many military vote that way and choose Florida as their "home" while they're away.

EVERY ELECTION - we've had ballots invalidated because - they arrived late. And so you have no way of knowing if YOUR vote was EVER counted.

Consider this - a few months back, I had to pay off a loan. I got a check made out to the recipient with documentation and data written in the memo regarding its intended recipient. I sent it certified mail and paid insurance. I overnighted it. I got a tracking number. I took no chances.

But I COULD have just sent cash and dropped it in the big blue box. If you're laughing, consider that THAT is what you do with VBM, where what I did is what you do at your polling place, where you check in, sign in, you're looked up, law enforcement is there to ensure laws are not broken. I am sure it can be thwarted, but I guarantee you would never send tens of thousands of dollars in cash by REGULAR MAIL.