Marlborough Horse Trials--this weekend

bosox

Hi all---

Come and see eventing in your back yard. Sept 20/21 MHT will be at Rosaryville State Park. This is a USEA Reg. Event. We will run PreLim and Training on Saturday and Sunday will run BN and Novice.

Some local riders--good food--Maryland Tack will all be there. The weather is suppose to be grand!

If you want to get close up in the action--there are a few spots left for volunteers.

Sparks

I was there on Saturday. Sorry I didn't see you Christina.

I was there watching my little friend do training. I think I may have to convert (maybe just a little :whistle:) It looked like so much fun!

I want to find a tiny event to do this fall.

Duckz

I was there on Saturday. Sorry I didn't see you Christina.

I was there watching my little friend do training. I think I may have to convert (maybe just a little :whistle:) It looked like so much fun!

I want to find a tiny event to do this fall.

*jumps up and down* I want to go!!! Are there any nearby?

Sparks, I did BN at Rosaryville with Copper a few years ago, it was SO MUCH FUN! He looked like a giraffe doing dressage, but stadium and cross country were worth the embarrassment :lmao:

Sparks

*jumps up and down* I want to go!!! Are there any nearby?

Sparks, I did BN at Rosaryville with Copper a few years ago, it was SO MUCH FUN! He looked like a giraffe doing dressage, but stadium and cross country were worth the embarrassment :lmao:

Well I just bought a tipperary vest so now I'm committed - I have to use it!

Yeah, I did a tiny division at rosaryville several years back with sparks. I think it was when the starter trial was still there. It was fun!

I was going to go school at Rosaryville this weekend but (big DUH on my part) I forgot the lowest jumps are BN, too big for my youngin' so we'll just do the hunter pace. Maybe I should wear my new vest :lmao:

I'm going to talk to my eventing friend about what events we could do this fall. I'll let you know what I decide.

There's a clinic at Loch Moy this weekend too which sounds really cool but I've never heard of one of the clinicians. Couldn't find anything on the net about her so I'll have to pass.

devinej

check this out. anyone know where that is?

Jimmy Wofford will be holding a cross country clinic on Oct 21st at An Otherwise Perfect Farm in Upperco Md. He will have novice, training and prelim classes. The cost is $150 for a two hour session.

Sparks

check this out. anyone know where that is?

Jimmy Wofford will be holding a cross country clinic on Oct 21st at An Otherwise Perfect Farm in Upperco Md. He will have novice, training and prelim classes. The cost is $150 for a two hour session.

Duckz, you should do this clinic. You could do the novice with Lincoln. I hear Denny is awesome.

From what my eventing friend tells me, there are really no events local to you or me except rosaryville and glenwood. Everything else seems to be in Northern MD.

An Otherwise Perfect Farm is Julia Wendell's place - it's north of Baltimore (about an hour and 15 minutes from Dodon). NICE place and Jimmy Wofford is a great clinician from what I hear.
An Otherwise Perfect Farm

It was my first time eventing at Marlborough this weekend and it was FUN. I, too, was embarassed in the dressage but made up for it in the SJ and XC. I am trying to decide whether or not to do Loch Moy in October. I should probably make my dressage better first...

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Duckz, you should do this clinic. You could do the novice with Lincoln. I hear Denny is awesome.

From what my eventing friend tells me, there are really no events local to you or me except rosaryville and glenwood. Everything else seems to be in Northern MD.

I am hoping to do BN with Red once I get my jumping ability up. It is getting better just not rushing it. He is a total rockstar putting up with me. :lmao:

Sparks

An Otherwise Perfect Farm is Julia Wendell's place - it's north of Baltimore (about an hour and 15 minutes from Dodon). NICE place and Jimmy Wofford is a great clinician from what I hear.
An Otherwise Perfect Farm

It was my first time eventing at Marlborough this weekend and it was FUN. I, too, was embarassed in the dressage but made up for it in the SJ and XC. I am trying to decide whether or not to do Loch Moy in October. I should probably make my dressage better first...

Maybe steuart should do an Intro to Eventing clinic so we don't have to drive so far :yay:

Last edited:

Sparks

I'll make the suggestion.... :whistle:

Would said Intro to Eventing Clinic be at Dodon? Do you think people would come??

Sure, he has cross country jumps right? It would probably depend on the cost too. And by Intro, I mean you'd have to offer smaller jumps, like 2'. Look at the flyer on the Loch Moy website. That set-up looks pretty good.

Of course, I'm not an eventer so don't take my word for it. I was seriously considering the Loch Moy Clinic though.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Ohhh, I'd come to Dodon! Last time I rode xCountry there with Steuart was when I was eventing my QH mare when I was in PC. Yay!!

Eventer29

My kids and I would love to clinic with Stewart. I was planning on calling him soon to see if he could come down here to our farm for a clinic this winter. My farmwill be doing a XC clinic/open schooling on out Schooling course some time this fall/winter. I am no expert but have sucessfully started many horses/riders in eventing/XC and would love to help anyone get started.