Marlborough Hunt Club Open Show & Challenge Trophy

bosox

just got home

Yikes...I couldn't believe little sox wanted to go. Anything that says hunt in it--and she is in!

Little Sox was Champ of the Jr 2'6" division...even w/o placing in the flat class. She looked great but pony was not a flat class pony. He heard the hounds while he was still in the trailer and he was a pistol. When they were doing flat--he was very LOOK at my head--I AM TALLER THAN YOU. So the o/f classes he rocked and she took the tri color. This pony is a super hunt pony--so he just wanted to go out and play...not poke around looking all huntery.:killingme

I let her do a 3 foot class--and brought home another primary!

Devine--thanks for offering to do the pairs but they wanted her to try to find a jr to ride with. HA HA...the put her w/a 17+hh Jr pair...and while they looked good--the 17+ hhwas SOO slow and our speedy was just not a good match. Didn't help that Little sox didn't know that they had to jump the last fence together. She was not hearing that part since she was under the cooler w/the pony. She was a bit cold at that point.

Also--it ran slow early w/the Sr class...then it rolled along. The canx the Challenge Cup classes...:cds:I would have left and came home had they let us know after Pairs.

Last edited:

devinej

awww wish i'd seen her to the 3 ft class! that is an awesome pony, even if he sticks his head in the air. glad she found a pair to ride with :)

bosox

sparks-are you feeling better? Did you see Ray?

Little Sox was soooo much better than last week in her S/T round...her and pony were spot on.

Sparks

sparks-are you feeling better? Did you see Ray?

Little Sox was soooo much better than last week in her S/T round...her and pony were spot on.

OH, I'm so happy she did so well!! I wish I'd come up to watch.

I'm feeling SO much better, thanks. We didn't get to ride with Ray though. Phyxius and I were ready to ride but apparently the other riders wimped out and called Ray this morning. They decided it was too cold and windy and we should reschedule. :smack: I rode at home around noon and it wasn't so bad. Oh well, guess we'll try again another day.

You need to email me pics of todays event!!

bosox

well--this event will be burned into my memory.
My camera stayed in the truck last week--and the battery was dead. I didn't think much of it--I assumed the Phyxius would be there or Isabell w/a camera...:ohwell: they were not.

I always have my camera...:frown:

So sorry about the clinic...what whimps they were in your group. Next time--you should play with us. We hardly ever canx. Besides--we are fun!

(DID you talk to Bon?)

Sparks

well--this event will be burned into my memory.
My camera stayed in the truck last week--and the battery was dead. I didn't think much of it--I assumed the Phyxius would be there or Isabell w/a camera...:ohwell: they were not.

I always have my camera...:frown:

So sorry about the clinic...what whimps they were in your group. Next time--you should play with us. We hardly ever canx. Besides--we are fun!

(DID you talk to Bon?)

YES, I did. She called me last night. This morning, I told her it can only get better from here. Poor thing. Such horrible luck.

Duckz

It was FREEZING!!!!! I'm still cold thinking about it! The show was nice. The course was awesome! In the handy hunter course we had to jump in and out of the ring a few times, trot a sharp corner through a gate, jump a hidden in-and-out squeezed between trees and a fence line, and remember where the heck we were going :whistle:

I just wish the show had run a little faster so we could have done the 3' division :cds:

And I finally found a judge who appreciates Lincoln's stellar movement under saddle :killingme:killingme:killingme

MDLawGirl

Yeah Little Sox!

I wish we could have made it....it was such a sad weekend for us, we could have used some cheering up.

Anyway, glad everyone had fun and congrats to folks who placed.

Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

L

bosox

lawgirl

so sorry about your weekend. I am glad that you could be there with those that needed you most.

I hope to see you soon...everything you keep trying to plan isn't working for us

MDLawGirl

Bosox....I know I know...why is scheduling soooo difficult???

But at least we can count on Dec 7 Jr Hunt, right?

We've got that date etched in stone on the calendar.