Maryland deputy shot, killed while chasing fugitive; manhunt leads to suspect’s capture

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Wicomico County Deputy First Class Glenn Hilliard killed in Pittsville, Maryland

A Maryland sheriff’s deputy was shot and killed in the line of duty on Sunday night while attempting to capture a fugitive, authorities said.

Wicomico County Deputy First Class Glenn Hilliard, 41, spotted the suspect leaving an apartment complex in Pittsville and gave chase, the sheriff’s office said. While trying to apprehend the suspect, Hilliard was fatally shot.

Following an extensive manhunt, law enforcement captured the suspect. Authorities didn’t immediately name the suspect, who they said was wanted on multiple felony warrants in multiple jurisdictions.

They should have shot the ####### instead of capturing him.

Some ####wad Democrat Prosecutor and Judge are only going to let him out again.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Isn't that what the radios are for, calling for back up so this kinda thing doesn't happen?

dave20

For your consideration ...

Isn't that what the radios are for, calling for back up so this kinda thing doesn't happen?
Yes that's what radios are for but not knowing all of the facts surrounding this incident we should not assume that he didn't call for backup. This was a law enforcement officer diligently doing his job. You cannot always wait for backup. Unfortunately this young Officer lost his life doing what Officers do everyday all over this country. I hope your post was not to criticize but merely a statement of fact. D.F.C. Hilliard doesn't get a mulligan and is lost to his family, coworkers and the agency with which he served. God rest his soul.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For you consideration ...

Yes that's what radios are for but not knowing all of the facts surrounding this incident we should not assume that he didn't call for backup. This was a law enforcement officer diligently doing his job. You cannot always wait for backup. Unfortunately this young Officer lost his life doing what Officers do everyday all over this country. I hope your post was not to criticize but merely a statement of fact. D.F.C. Hilliard doesn't get a mulligan and is lost to his family, coworkers and the agency with which he served. God rest his soul.
Not a criticism, just from observations locally. Seen many times where there are 3-4 deputy cars on the side of Route 4 because a deputy called for backup after pulling over one car.

dave20

For you consideration ...

Not a criticism, just from observations locally. Seen many times where there are 3-4 deputy cars on the side of Route 4 because a deputy called for backup after pulling over one car.
You are correct. Many times when an officer calls out with a stop their squad mates will just roll that way requested or not. Having additional personnel on scene is a good way to prevent things from escalating at times. It is especially important in these times.

black dog

Free America
You are correct. Many times when an officer calls out with a stop their squad mates will just roll that way requested or not. Having additional personnel on scene is a good way to prevent things from escalating at times. It is especially important in these times.
Squad mates.........
Thats so gay I bet they fart rainbow glitter.

Hijinx

The Governor has ordered flags at half staff for this young officer.

Recidivism is the bane of police officers.
People being turned loose who should never again see outside the gates of prison.