maryland horse and pony show

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
has anyone gone? care to fill me in about it? thinking about entering on friday. ...

Did you check out the prize list on Ryegate Show Services

It is the last big MHSA show of the year. Also gives people that are showing at the Capital Challenge a chance to get there horses and ponies indoors before the bigger show. Saturday and Sunday they have the Hunt Seat Finals. It normally is a bigger rated show then the Maryland Spring Festival and the Maryland National Horse Show that is in the Spring when many people are still down in Florida.

Which division were you thinking about going in? Who would you be showing?

BrookValley

Yep, what were you planning on showing in? The schooling stuff out in the back ring is usually pretty low-key, the other rings will be busier...It'll be a mad house...but not nearly the mad house that Local Day is! :lmao: Entries probably close soon, too.

Sparks

It's a very nice show.

I thought about doing a very low hunter division in the back ring but not for $35.00 a class. Not worth it for me and the green-bean right now.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Next year most likely I will be ready for it. I will either do the Pre-Adult or the Annex Hunter division. Who knows where I will be at that point.

devinej

its modified hunter classes or local hunter division, haven't decided, at 2'6" in the main hunter ring (outside). but maybe the non restricted 2'6" in the annex ring.

entries are due on the 3rd. how about braiding for the outdoor rings?

Sparks

its modified hunter classes or local hunter division, haven't decided, at 2'6" in the main hunter ring (outside). but maybe the non restricted 2'6" in the annex ring.

entries are due on the 3rd. how about braiding for the outdoor rings?

You don't have to braid for those classes. Some will, some won't.

BrookValley

ughh so is friday local day??

Oh no, sorry, "local day" is a whole 'nother show altogether! What I meant by local day is the WIHS Local Weekend or whatever they call it. It's the part of the Washington International that they hold at PGEC--we've always just called it "local day". And it's crazy. I was just using it as a comparison for MD Horse & Pony...

devinej

OOkkk well that sounds better that local day is the wihs show, not the horse and pony show, good news. well i'll let ya'll know if i'm doing it or not, waiting to hear from the owners

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Doesn't it! It was an "event" back then. I won a big green cooler with WIHS on it there, it was so cool. :yahoo:

Qualified in the Adult division back in :whistle:. My horse acted like a giraffe when she got in the ring to hack. I was just lucky to get her down the ramp into the old USAir arena. We qualified on her placings OF and knew I didn't have a chance US. :otter: It was fun going though. :yahoo:

Maybe we will be able to take our youngsters one day.

Sparks

Qualified in the Adult division back in :whistle:. My horse acted like a giraffe when she got in the ring to hack. I was just lucky to get her down the ramp into the old USAir arena. We qualified on her placings OF and knew I didn't have a chance US. :otter: It was fun going though. :yahoo:

Maybe we will be able to take our youngsters one day.

The ring was so small and crowded that you had to have a really exceptional mover to stand out. Mine was so pissed about being in the crowd, he moved like crap. Oh well. It was still fun.