Maryland to ban smoking in bars

Wild Dog

They should just stop selling cigarettes and legalize the Puff....Puff....Pass.

After a while it will be illeagle to chew gum on Sundays.... :elaine:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
You know, the few bars that I DO go to around here -- I really cannot see the owners going for this. I really think alot of places are going to ignore this.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
I was just reading a bunch of newspaper articles about this. Apparently the state senate passed it on March 19, BUT all small bars -like alot that we have around here - can apply for a waiver based on hardship if they can prove that they will/have lose business due to becoming non-smoking. I wouldn't bank on every bar in the area being smoke free. Some of them will get the waiver.

:cool:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Wild Dog said:
Has anybody heard anything about this new bill that MD just passed?
Thanks

The bill has not passed yet. So far, it has made it through committee in both the State Senate and House of Delegates. Now it must go for a full vote in the senate and house. If there are differences between the two versions, those will have to be worked out by a conference committee. Once that’s done the full senate and house will have to vote on the compromise version. If it passes in both houses, then it will go to the Gov for his sig and become law.

Gigi

Gigi
Yeah !!! Thank goodness. I know it does not seem fair to smokers but, it isn't fair to non-smokers either.