Matthew 13:44-46 Give it up....

hotcoffee

The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl

"Matthew 13:44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.

45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46 When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."​

Now here's a commentary from the thumper that makes sense. Did you know that in the days when Jesus was teaching, people use to bury their possessions because there were no banks?

We already mentioned the fact that people would trade their riches for pearls and then hide the pearls in the lining of their clothing so that the tax collectors and thieves wouldn't find their riches. That was in the Sermon on the Mount right?

:coffee:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I also look at it as a person finding salvation (treasure & fine pearls). Not necessarily selling everything he has literally, but now "selling out" completely to Christ. IOW: Everything now takes second place and God becomes first & foremost in their life.

hotcoffee

I also look at it as a person finding salvation (treasure & fine pearls). Not necessarily selling everything he has literally, but now "selling out" completely to Christ. IOW: Everything now takes second place and God becomes first & foremost in their life.

I had a dream years ago.... my daughter was just a little thing... she's 19 now... anyway, I dreamt that I was standing at the whitest light my mind will allow me to imagine.

In that instant I said "But what about...." and I woke up. I had something else to do.....

I hear songs all the time like "Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to go now".... I guess it was just like that in my dream.... I wanted to go but I had to raise my daughter.....

So in these waking hours I try to live ready to go.... I'm trying to finish things or set my mind that if I do get to that place where I have to choose Jesus or another way... I won't have any hesitation. It's a very hard thing to do.

Just the other day I learned that I'm facing some very serious medical issues. One of the things that came to mind was "What about the religion forum? Who would keep posting the Bible verses?"

I know that sounds incredibly stupid, and even selfish, and even self indulgent, but hey.... I'm being honest here... that's what came to mind... "What about the religion forum? Who would keep posting the Bible verses?"

I'm not afraid of death. I know Heaven will be better than anything here. Earth is just a cheap knock-off of Heaven.... and earth is pretty good itself.... take a walk, look at it.... it's amazing.... Heaven will be even better.... the mind can't possibly imagine it.... I'm looking forward to it.

If Jesus were walking earth today.... I hope I'd follow Him around like a disciple.... I can live without the house and the car and regular meals, I've done it before.... I just hope I'd be smart enough to accept the fact that Jesus [the Kingdom of Heaven] was really here.

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
...One of the things that came to mind was "What about the religion forum? Who would keep posting the Bible verses?"
I'm not one to normally start religious threads here but, in these tough times, I think some Apocalyptic warnings will become a necessity. Starman vanished and many others have quieted down. I've always been more of the teacher type so I usually address the already posted topics more so than posting new ones.
hotcoffee said:
If Jesus were walking earth today.... I hope I'd follow Him around like a disciple.... I can live without the house and the car and regular meals, I've done it before.... I just hope I'd be smart enough to accept the fact that Jesus [the Kingdom of Heaven] was really here.

You would. Since salvation was in your "cards", you would have followed Him whenever He showed up.