McKay's theme song

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oz, ask your wife what tightwad I am. It's like a game with me - how little can I spend on groceries before the family starts complaining? :lol: I have Safeway 2 miles from my house, Giant 5 miles. I get my circulars, see what's on sale, make my weekly dinner menu and go to both places. Before Larry and I got married he used to buy most of his groceries at the 7-11 - I put a stop to that crap real quick!

STMLADY

Luckily, for me in the Charlotte Hall Area, the Mckay's and the Food Lion are a block apart. Start at Food Lion then finish up at Mckay's. No problems no hassles. It all works.

MDindef

Originally posted by joeyinlexpark
Speaking of Mckays, have you ever seen the commercial with the blonde woman and her three kids shopping, I was at food lion over in Solomons one afternoon getting lunch and she was in getting some goods. :confused:

That was the one I was talking about in the earlier post. That commercial is about seven years old and they're still running it!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Oz, ask your wife what tightwad I am. It's like a game with me - how little can I spend on groceries before the family starts complaining? :lol: I have Safeway 2 miles from my house, Giant 5 miles. I get my circulars, see what's on sale, make my weekly dinner menu and go to both places. Before Larry and I got married he used to buy most of his groceries at the 7-11 - I put a stop to that crap real quick!

That amazes me... It's good to have a hobby. But groceries will never be one of mine. I used to clip enough coupons to pay for my newspaper delivery. Gave that up too. The grocery store is our pantry. I guess that puts me in-line with your 7-11 hubby.