McNabb says Redskins were 'disrespectful'

Severa

Common sense ain't common
ESPN.com NFC East Blog

Washington Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb told ESPN 980 on Tuesday that he thought the club was "somewhat disrespectful" in how it handled his benching last week. Making his first public comments since being replaced by Rex Grossman for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys, McNabb thought he should've been tipped off earlier in the week.

"In business, communication is key in anything you do." said McNabb via the Post. "Normally if you go through a process like that, you'd hear about it on a Monday or a Tuesday. I don't think you pretty much hear about it Thursday going to a Friday practice."

But even though he didn't appreciate coach Mike Shanahan's bedside manner, McNabb said he hopes to remain with the Redskins in 2011. There's a fat chance of that happening now, but I think McNabb's trying to let fans know that he's tried to make this relationship work. Asked if he'd rather be traded or released, McNabb said, "No, I want to be here. I really do. ...I don't believe in starting something and not finishing."

-----------------------

What say you, Redskins fans? Personally, I think he's being a whiny ass but that's just me the casual football fan's look at things, so I fully admit I could be wrong in thinking that way.

donbarzini

The only "respect" he is owed is to make sure his paycheck reaches the bank at the proper time. He couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle. If that had been Grossman or some other lesser "name" quarterback, he'd have been benched by week 8. As I said before, in a previous thread, I am beginning to believe that Rush Limbaugh was right after all.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
The only "respect" he is owed is to make sure his paycheck reaches the bank at the proper time. He couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle. If that had been Grossman or some other lesser "name" quarterback, he'd have been benched by week 8. As I said before, in a previous thread, I am beginning to believe that Rush Limbaugh was right after all.

:roflmao:

Otter

Nothing to see here
ESPN.com NFC East Blog

Washington Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb told ESPN 980 on Tuesday that he thought the club was "somewhat disrespectful" in how it handled his benching last week. Making his first public comments since being replaced by Rex Grossman for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys, McNabb thought he should've been tipped off earlier in the week.

"In business, communication is key in anything you do." said McNabb via the Post. "Normally if you go through a process like that, you'd hear about it on a Monday or a Tuesday. I don't think you pretty much hear about it Thursday going to a Friday practice."

But even though he didn't appreciate coach Mike Shanahan's bedside manner, McNabb said he hopes to remain with the Redskins in 2011. There's a fat chance of that happening now, but I think McNabb's trying to let fans know that he's tried to make this relationship work. Asked if he'd rather be traded or released, McNabb said, "No, I want to be here. I really do. ...I don't believe in starting something and not finishing."

-----------------------

What say you, Redskins fans? Personally, I think he's being a whiny ass but that's just me the casual football fan's look at things, so I fully admit I could be wrong in thinking that way.

McNabb is a class act, he didn't throw anyone under the bus with his interview. Should he be the starting QB, no; younger and healthier, yes..He was brought in to sell tickets..You have to remember that the Skins are a marketing team now, all they want is suckers to buy up tickets. It will be a few years and a lot of patience on Snyder's part(doubtful) before we get back to being competitive.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
McNabb is a class act, he didn't throw anyone under the bus with his interview. Should he be the starting QB, no; younger and healthier, yes..He was brought in to sell tickets..You have to remember that the Skins are a marketing team now, all they want is suckers to buy up tickets. It will be a few years and a lot of patience on Snyder's part(doubtful) before we get back to being competitive.

Yup

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I'm not seeing the whining. I heard the interview..he was answering specific questions. I admire his class in a difficult situation.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok.. If you think Rex is the answer you are wrong.

Define 'the answer'.

Is Eli 'THE' answer? Romo? How many teams have 'THE' answer at QB? Not even half?

I'll grant you he's not a 'franchise' qb. However, what the Redskins long ago lost sight of Gibbs I (aka as Gibbs/Beathard).

Was Joey T or Rypien or Doug 'The' answer? Yes, they were, when you have a solid O line, a solid D line, good special teams and good skill people.

Payton, Brady, none of those guys have won without solid teams around them. There has never been a qb to win the SB basically alone. Plenty of them, Marino, Elway, have gotten close. But not all the way.

:buddies:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Define 'the answer'.

Is Eli 'THE' answer? Romo? How many teams have 'THE' answer at QB? Not even half?

I'll grant you he's not a 'franchise' qb. However, what the Redskins long ago lost sight of Gibbs I (aka as Gibbs/Beathard).

Was Joey T or Rypien or Doug 'The' answer? Yes, they were, when you have a solid O line, a solid D line, good special teams and good skill people.

Payton, Brady, none of those guys have won without solid teams around them. There has never been a qb to win the SB basically alone. Plenty of them, Marino, Elway, have gotten close. But not all the way.

:yay:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Define 'the answer'.

POST OF THE YEAR! :clap:

Peter Forsberg

Define 'the answer'.

If Mcnabb is not the answer why resign him? What is Snyder going to do buy an O-line and D-line next season? Redskins are old and you can only get young via the draft. Tampa and Philly are 2 of the youngest teams in the league and have done this via drafting young talented players. Philly has stayed young and still dominated the NFC East along the way.

Last edited:

Peter Forsberg

they resigned him so that they could get something for him in a trade next year. If he was a free agent they would have gotten nothing.
THey gonna get back the 2 picks they gave to Philly. :killingme Sign him for a 1year ext not a multi year deal. They did it so Snyder can put some Skins fans in the seats.

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
If Mcnabb is not the answer why resign him? What is Snyder going to do buy an O-line and D-line next season? Redskins are old and you can only get young via the draft. Tampa and Philly are 2 of the youngest teams in the league and have done this via drafting young talented players. Philly has stayed young and still dominated the NFC East along the way.

You don't get it. Snyder could give a crap about winning. He wants butts in the seats....and he doesn't care who they are. It's about money to him....only money.

R

retiredweaxman

I agree but why do the dumb fans keep going back for more??????

Gluttons for punishment???

However bad the Deadskins fans have it, I would like to propose the Pittsburgh Pirates as the WORST run franchise in sporting history (yes, even worse than Golden State/LA Clippers in the NBA)...

Baz

This. ------------------>
Gluttons for punishment???

However bad the Deadskins fans have it, I would like to propose the Pittsburgh Pirates as the WORST run franchise in sporting history (yes, even worse than Golden State/LA Clippers in the NBA)...

The Pirates are a joke because their owner refuses to spend any money. The Skins are a joke even though their owner spends TONS of money.

Which is worse?

thatguy

THey gonna get back the 2 picks they gave to Philly. :killingme Sign him for a 1year ext not a multi year deal. They did it so Snyder can put some Skins fans in the seats.

how do you figure? every game has been sold out for as long as i can remember and the waiting list is about 6 years long. It doens't seem he needs any help selling tickets.

and the FANS keep coming back because we are FANS. I haven't been a happy redskins fan in ten years, but that doesn't mean i am going to drop them either. Besides, we have a large group of diehards that tailgate at every game and we know in our hearts that eventually (maybe never under snyder) our team will return to being contenders.

R

retiredweaxman

The Pirates are a joke because their owner refuses to spend any money. The Skins are a joke even though their owner spends TONS of money.

Which is worse?

I would say the Pirates are worse knowing they need to spend money to compete but refuse to do so. They are the epitome of taking advantage of loyal fans. Refuse to spend money, consistently field a AAA team and the fans will still come to see us play (and lose).

Granted, Snyder is spending buttloads of cash on the wrong players - but, at least you can say he is trying.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

And you expect me to argue with any of this?