McNabb says Redskins were 'disrespectful'

Peter Forsberg

The Pirates are a joke because their owner refuses to spend any money. The Skins are a joke even though their owner spends TONS of money.

Which is worse?
:killingme Atleast the Pens spent some money and got a better pond for Cindy to skate on.

Last edited:

Peter Forsberg

Define 'the answer'.

Is Eli 'THE' answer? Romo? How many teams have 'THE' answer at QB? Not even half?

I'll grant you he's not a 'franchise' qb. However, what the Redskins long ago lost sight of Gibbs I (aka as Gibbs/Beathard).

Was Joey T or Rypien or Doug 'The' answer? Yes, they were, when you have a solid O line, a solid D line, good special teams and good skill people.

Payton, Brady, none of those guys have won without solid teams around them. There has never been a qb to win the SB basically alone. Plenty of them, Marino, Elway, have gotten close. But not all the way.

:buddies:
I agree that lines are important. Everybody gives Reid crap about drafting linemen all the time but we have young linemen and plenty of depth at those key positions. I wonder what the Skins will draft next season? RB/LB/O-D line...Young QB?

Baz

This. ------------------>
I would say the Pirates are worse knowing they need to spend money to compete but refuse to do so. They are the epitome of taking advantage of loyal fans. Refuse to spend money, consistently field a AAA team and the fans will still come to see us play (and lose).

Granted, Snyder is spending buttloads of cash on the wrong players - but, at least you can say he is trying.

I don't follow baseball much, so it doesn't really bother me. However, I'm torn between blaming the cheap*** owner, or fans who still go to the games. They know he doesn't care about fielding a competitive team, yet still line his pockets by going to the games. Yeah, the stadium is nice, but why pay for that crap on the field?

As for the Skins, yeah, it is good to know the owner is investing in the team, but he's so terrible at it, it negates the effort.

Until both owners decide they're bored playing with their toys, and sell the teams, I don't see either one getting considerably better. A few people have attempted to buy the Pirates at various times (most recently, Mario Lemieux) but the owner refuses to sell. Until he does, the fans have no reason to expect anything to change.

Baz

:killingme Atleast the Pens spent some money and got a better pond for Sidney to skate on.

Fixed that for ya. :yay:

Wayyyy past time they got out of the old Igloo. Now that they have a modern arena, they can afford to keep their top-level talent. They can spend to the salary cap every year. BIG change from the late 90's/early 2000's when they had to skate a team on the cheap.

R

retiredweaxman

I don't follow baseball much, so it doesn't really bother me. However, I'm torn between blaming the cheap*** owner, or fans who still go to the games. They know he doesn't care about fielding a competitive team, yet still line his pockets by going to the games. Yeah, the stadium is nice, but why pay for that crap on the field?

As for the Skins, yeah, it is good to know the owner is investing in the team, but he's so terrible at it, it negates the effort.

Until both owners decide they're bored playing with their toys, and sell the teams, I don't see either one getting considerably better. A few people have attempted to buy the Pirates at various times (most recently, Mario Lemieux) but the owner refuses to sell. Until he does, the fans have no reason to expect anything to change.

:buddies: Very well said BAZ...

However, Snyder and the Skins could hit the lottery one day and buy a decent enough talent to put them over the proverbial hump...the Pirates don't play the lottery (spending money) - so they will never improve.

You are correct though - it is the fan's fault for continuing to support a lame butt organization. Dedication and devotion is one thing...supporting a team that has not had a winning season in close to 20 years (a record in all sports by the way) is pure foolishness.

Baz

However, Snyder and the Skins could hit the lottery one day and buy a decent enough talent to put them over the proverbial hump...the Pirates don't play the lottery (spending money) - so they will never improve.

Good point. So, I guess it IS worse being a Pirates fan. Poor bastards. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I agree that lines are important. Everybody gives Reid crap about drafting linemen all the time but we have young linemen and plenty of depth at those key positions. I wonder what the Skins will draft next season? RB/LB/O-D line...Young QB?

It only follows that today's sports fan would find something to complain about in terms of Andy Reid. That's just being a crybaby. Especially when all they need do is look at the Redskins. :shrug:

The Eagles are ALWAYS competitive. Reid, if anyone cares to recall, let #5 go. He knew the upside was over. He lent Westbrook go. He lent Dawkins go. Who comes closer to the Patriots model than the Eagles?

We'll probably have Portis some $200 million 10 year extension this off season.

Baz

It's a shame they trade all that young talent away.

Well ya see, that's the kicker. The owner always says "We're not going to overpay for high priced free agents, we're going to build through the draft.".

So they draft, and in a couple years when those players get to the majors and get to the point where they're pretty good, he trades them away, because "They're going to cost too much, and we're not going to overpay. We're going to build through the draft." :shocking:

It's an infinite loop of suckitude.

Anyways, just to comment on the original topic, I think McNabb should apologize to the Redskins, instead of complaining about being disrespected. He was terrible this season. It's one thing to say he's not used to the system, but I can't think of any system that asks the quarterback to consistently short-hop a 10-yard out.