MD High School Softball/Baseball Championships

Grumpy

Congrats to Chopticon (3A) and Calvert High (2A) for advancing to the State Finals in the MD High School Softball playoffs and Patuxent (2A) goes for the win in the baseball finals. Calvert plays Friday night against Rising Sun on Friday; Chopticon plays Saturday against Liganore, both games at the UMD. Patuxent plays Glenelg on Saturday at Regency Furniture Stadium. Hope the weather cooperates.

Grumpy

Congrats to Chopticon (3A) and Calvert High (2A) for advancing to the State Finals in the MD High School Softball playoffs and Patuxent (2A) goes for the win in the baseball finals. Calvert plays Friday night against Rising Sun on Friday; Chopticon plays Saturday against Liganore, both games at the UMD. Patuxent plays Glenelg on Saturday at Regency Furniture Stadium. Hope the weather cooperates.
Calvert High - State 2A champs..beat Rising Sun in extra innings, 5-4 :yay:
Patuxent lost to Glenelg - 4-1 :(
Chopticon was playing when I left UMD, would be cool if Chopticon won 3A considering Calvert beat them earlier in the year.

elewawike

My younger brother was inspired by Chopticon when we went to watch our neighbor's game. He was a good pitcher for several seasons. How is the team doing now? Still can't forgive them for stealing my brother's mind, haha. We have a huge practice net in our backyard, this one https://www.amazon.com/Victorem-Lacrosse-Rebounder-Baseball-Additional/dp/B09YTYNBW3. Brother runs around the yard and shouts "Chopticon!". The whole family is waiting for him to start talking about entering High School. But now he only asks for baseball :)

Last edited:

Grumpy

Calvert High - State 2A champs..beat Rising Sun in extra innings, 5-4 :yay:
Patuxent lost to Glenelg - 4-1 :(
Chopticon was playing when I left UMD, would be cool if Chopticon won 3A considering Calvert beat them earlier in the year.
^last year

Calvert High and Rising Sun met in the finals again this year with Rising Sun winning 1-0 in extra innings :( Great game regardless of the loss. This is the 3rd year in a row that Calvert made the finals, losing in extra innings 2 yrs ago, winning in extra innings last year and losing in extra innings this year. A very nice run