Medstar Shah Medical Group - Radiology - WTF

ShyGirl

I haven't had a mammogram in years, so I got a referral from my doctor and called to schedule an appointment.

The woman in the radiology department refused to schedule an appointment for me. Like I said, I think my last one in St Mary's was 2009. I think I had one in Calvert since then, but I don't really remember and have no clue when it could have been.

The receptionist tried to explain that they need a copy of the last one to compare against. I told her that I didn't have it and asked her what if this was my first one? She went on to say that I have to sign something explicitly stating ...something... and that if something shows on this one.... What nobody will treat it? What the heck?

So I told her that I just wouldn't get one then and no longer needed the appointment. A bit bull-headed yes, but sheesh...

And what's with the form she mentioned - she seemed to place importance on how I would fill out the form because I can't be going in to get a baseline mammogram and have had one in the past too? Is that normal? Does it have something to do with mammograms being "free" under Obamacare?

I don't care about all of that administrative kind of stuff. I just want someone to check my damn boobies!

Now, I remember why I used to be happy to drive 2 hours away to see a doctor.

I haven't had a mammogram in years, so I got a referral from my doctor and called to schedule an appointment.

The woman in the radiology department refused to schedule an appointment for me. Like I said, I think my last one in St Mary's was 2009. I think I had one in Calvert since then, but I don't really remember and have no clue when it could have been.

The receptionist tried to explain that they need a copy of the last one to compare against. I told her that I didn't have it and asked her what if this was my first one? She went on to say that I have to sign something explicitly stating ...something... and that if something shows on this one.... What nobody will treat it? What the heck?

So I told her that I just wouldn't get one then and no longer needed the appointment. A bit bull-headed yes, but sheesh...

And what's with the form she mentioned - she seemed to place importance on how I would fill out the form because I can't be going in to get a baseline mammogram and have had one in the past too? Is that normal? Does it have something to do with mammograms being "free" under Obamacare?

I don't care about all of that administrative kind of stuff. I just want someone to check my damn boobies!

Now, I remember why I used to be happy to drive 2 hours away to see a doctor.
That is nuts! Is this the lab inside St. Mary's hospital or are they in a building of their own? If you had one at St. Mary's at some point shouldn't they have that on file?

ShyGirl

That is nuts! Is this the lab inside St. Mary's hospital or are they in a building of their own? If you had one at St. Mary's at some point shouldn't they have that on file?

Using Reverse Look-up for the telephone number on the referral, it is for the Radiology Dept in the Bean Building.

They have the one from 2009 on file.

I don't understand why they wouldn't schedule my appointment. Frustrating!

Using Reverse Look-up for the telephone number on the referral, it is for the Radiology Dept in the Bean Building.

They have the one from 2009 on file.

I don't understand why they wouldn't schedule my appointment. Frustrating!
Try the St. Mary's Hospital mammogram facility. Those folks are awesome at making it easy and as comfortable as possible because they want us to not have a reason to not get a mammogram. They should be able to pull your records from the Bean building if they want a "baseline".

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Try the St. Mary's Hospital mammogram facility. Those folks are awesome at making it easy and as comfortable as possible because they want us to not have a reason to not get a mammogram. They should be able to pull your records from the Bean building if they want a "baseline".

:yeahthat:

ShyGirl

Thanks! I will try there!