Men and Tools

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Do all men do this?

Wife: Could you hang this picture for me?
Husband: Sure (goes to get stud finder)
Husband: (places stud finder over chest) Yup, stil works. :biggrin:

This would be funny if it weren't the 15th time it's happened in the last month. :ohwell:

bcp

In My Opinion
Its very important that the tools do not give a false reading, this could cause holes in the wall where there is no support.

it is only natural and good practice to test the stud finder on a known negative response area prior to trusting it to find the correct place to install the support device.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Nickel said:
Do all men do this?

Wife: Could you hang this picture for me?
Husband: Sure (goes to get stud finder)

This would be funny if it weren't the 15th time it's happened in the last month. :ohwell:
You have to make sure it's working. You don't want holes all over your wall do you? Sheesh!

W

Wenchy

Dutch6 said:
You have to make sure it's working. You don't want holes all over your wall do you? Sheesh!

Aren't you supposed to be working some wood right now?

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Wenchy said:
You told me you were best working with it "solo". :ohwell:
Working wood is a two person hobby. And as soon as she gets here we're going to make some sawdust.

Mikeinsmd

Nickel said:
Do all men do this? Wife: Could you hang this picture for me?
Husband: Sure (goes to get stud finder) Husband: (places stud finder over chest) Yup, stil works. :biggrin: This would be funny if it weren't the 15th time it's happened in the last month. :ohwell:
My tape measure lies.... :ohwell:

W

Wenchy

Dutch6 said:
Working wood is a two person hobby. And as soon as she gets here we're going to make some sawdust.

That sounds like "old people sex" to me. :lmao:

oldman

Lobster Land
As a gag Christmas gift I once gave my then wife a stud finder. She was always talking about the girls at work looking for studs. Needless to say it didn't go over very well at all. Guess she didn't take it as I'd intended. Once again I learned that I'll never understand the opposite sex.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Nickel said:
Try this comeback:

Wife: (grabs stud finder from husband) Hmmm, I think the batteries need changed... (changes batteries and waves stud finder back and forth) It's working now, but it's not sensing you at all... (Suddenly points the stud finder at the opposite wall) But it is sensing your best friend next door, who I've been sleeping with for the past year!

W

Wenchy

Tonio said:
Try this comeback:

Wife: (grabs stud finder from husband) Hmmm, I think the batteries need changed... (changes batteries and waves stud finder back and forth) It's working now, but it's not sensing you at all... (Suddenly points the stud finder at the opposite wall) But it is sensing your best friend next door, who I've been sleeping with for the past year!

We have better uses for batteries. :rolleyes: