menopause questions?

SoMDGirl42

I kinda can't wait for it all to start so it can be over with but on the other hand I'm in such a happy and content place in life right now that I don't want to mess it all up by raging....:lol:

Thank god it doesn't happen daily because I'm actually in a pretty happy place myself right now. Those few days though??? Holy mother of GOD. I've been possessed by evil spirits. I don't even want to be around myself :roflmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dang. My moods swings aren't all that. It's like a mild form of depression where you don't want to kill yourself or anyone else, but you do want to lay in bed all day and have someone bring you milkshakes.

But I'm naturally irritable, so menopause has chilled me out more than anything.

SoMDGirl42

Dang. My moods swings aren't all that. It's like a mild form of depression where you don't want to kill yourself or anyone else, but you do want to lay in bed all day and have someone bring you milkshakes.

But I'm naturally irritable, so menopause has chilled me out more than anything.

I was naturally chilled, now I'm brewing rage. Maybe menopause symptoms are the opposite of your "normal" self. We should write Obama and ask for a few million in grants to do a study :lol:

I was naturally chilled, now I'm brewing rage. Maybe menopause symptoms are the opposite of your "normal" self. We should write Obama and ask for a few million in grants to do a study :lol:
Heck, shouldn't we be getting federally funded disability for our pain and suffering?

Roman

Has anyone had a complete hysterectomy? I had a partical about 5 years ago, then had to go back to remove my ovaries because they thought I had ovarian cancer. I don't really get hot flashes, but I have noticed in the past 6 months or so that I go through these intense mood swings, like want to kill someone rages. It only lasts a day or two, but the last one was powerfull. I mean, I didn't even want to be around myself my rage was so intense, but it was an internal rage. I felt like I was about to explode, for no apparent reason. Everything and everyone was getting on my very last nerve. Not like me at all. I'm usually very even tempered and it takes a lot to get me really mad.

Has anyone experience this? I'm wondering if it has to do with the removal of my ovaries and I'll be 48 in the next few weeks. Can I experience memopause after a complete hysterectomy? And yes, I know I can google, just wondering if anyone here can relate.
Like you, I didn't have a complete hysterectomy. Five years after the surgery, is when I went through the flashes from hell. It seemed that stress triggered them. I went through those darn things for 10 years. I would flip in to a rage every now & then, over the littlest of things. I actually remember the date of my last hot flash. July 17, 2011. Thank god they're over. After menopause signs & symptoms are over, is when you really see your age setting in. The skin is dry, and the hair has lost a lot of it's shine. So don't wish menopause on yourself. It comes soon enough.

SoMDGirl42

zero to instant rage in less than 1.2 seconds :burning:

My co-worker just informed me my daughter received awards today at assembly for straight As on her report card and perfect attendence. Would have been nice had I been notified so I could see my daughter receive her awards for her hard work!!!!! NO, I have to look like an idiot when asked why I didn't go. BECAUSE I DID'T F'ING KNOW IT WAS TODAY!!!!!!!

SO NOW I'M PISSED OFF.

and i'm not sure I can blame this on menopause, but I sure did let the school have a piece of my mind when I blew up at them. :coffee:

lmwelch

See, and I've been like that since I was a teenager. The hot flashes are new, and sometimes they're pretty intense. mAlice used to call them "power surges". :lol:

My biggest problem are the hot flashes and night sweats. Anyone have any luck with any of the OTC supplements like Estroven, Amberen, etc. for reducing these?

Idunno

Talk to your doctor about the OTC supplements too. My doctor knows my family/personal history and advised me to avoid any natural soy based products as well as any prescription HRT. I did find the I Cool/store brand duplicate work well for me. I stopped taking them after using them for a year. Went back on after the fun night sweats, hot flashes and insomnia came back. Been back on them for about a week and can sleep through the night and my "power surges" are much fewer and less intense.

Tami2red

Thank you. My ex is now calling me "bipolar" because of the simple fact that his breathing pushes me over the edge at times. :lol: There are times I'm alone and can feel the rage just brewing................... :elaine: It's not fun

I can relate. DH snores softly. Usually quite soothing to me (has been for years) because I know he's there. Other times I want to put a pillow over his face because it's annoying.

Oh, great. Now if he winds up dead they'll know who did it. :roflmao:

Tami2red

I completely believe it has to do with the removal of your ovaries.

My mother was fully intact when she went through natural menopause. She had always been a consistently pleasant person up until then. While in menopause her wild and sometimes violent mood swings left me in a mode of calling my parents house everyday and having her put dad on the phone so I could make sure he was still alive and not buried in the cellar. After it was all over she would explain that there were times he couldnt breath right without pissing her off. I remember being in the vehicle with them once and he simply said, "There's a parking space" as he pointed to one and she went off the flipping handle screaming at him to not tell her how to drive... It's comical looking back at it now, but was pure hell then!

When my Mom wen't through it my Sis and I would call the house everyday and ask if she'd taken her 'purple happy pill'. LOL

Tami2red

Thank god it doesn't happen daily because I'm actually in a pretty happy place myself right now. Those few days though??? Holy mother of GOD. I've been possessed by evil spirits. I don't even want to be around myself :roflmao:

I *know* it's bad when I annoy myself. LOL