Metallica's NEW Album - Death Magnetic

warneckutz

I listened to the entire album last night and I loved every song on there (even the slower, laid back beats which I'm usually not a fan of).

I like all of the tracks (Cyanide, My Apocaplypse, The Day That Never Comes) they released on iTunes prior to releasing the full album but I think my favorite song right now is "Suicide & Redemption" (#9) which has no vocals but it's 9 and a half minutes long of heavy music. :yay:

Definitely a great choice of an album!

4d2008

I listened to the entire album last night and I loved every song on there (even the slower, laid back beats which I'm usually not a fan of).

I like all of the tracks (Cyanide, My Apocaplypse, The Day That Never Comes) they released on iTunes prior to releasing the full album but I think my favorite song right now is "Suicide & Redemption" (#9) which has no vocals but it's 9 and a half minutes long of heavy music. :yay:

well depending on your choice of music styles here is a question for you. Did you like St Anger? Because that album SUCKED... I was soooooo unimpressed.

M

mudd

everything after the black album sux, i honestly think they should stop playing music

Mojo

The day that never comes is pretty good, but that's the only one that I have heard.

warneckutz

well depending on your choice of music styles here is a question for you. Did you like St Anger? Because that album SUCKED... I was soooooo unimpressed.

St. Anger was a washout in my opinion. They tried to be different (especially with the annoying drums). Out of all their albums, I'd say that was their worst.

M

mudd

I'm sure your band was much better :rolleyes: Just because Metallica doesn't have the Umpa Lumpas as guest singers you don't like them.

nope just an opinion
It seems that their recording methods have turned analog. There is just something about the sound that just doesnt carry as far as their previous material

Kerad

FINALLY had a chance to listen to the whole album.

WOW!!! Frakking well done, 'TallicA...very well done! :clap:

:dude:

I officially forgive you for St. Anger.

Kerad

For those of you who didn't already know, you can download the entire album (plus 2 remixes of Suicide & Redemption) for Guitar hero 3...which will transfer to GH World Tour when it's released.

Gotta love the new "download friendly" MetallicA. :lol: :yay:

Kerad

:yay:

Amazing album

It really is. I had high hopes after sampling the sneak peaks on Mission Metallica...but the album is even better than I was expecting.

I was a fan of their other (non-St. Anger) stuff as well...but this is a much welcome "return".

:larry:

Fishn Guy

That's Dr. Fishn to you..
Metallica?

Sorry, My old school ass was listening to Rust in Peace and watching Cliff em all when you posted this and completely missed the actual Metallica point.

Fishn Guy

Irrelevant to the thread.

Unless I point out that Metalica now sucks, in relation to what they were when they started,
Then its completely relevant and I don't even have to listen to the CD to know that the roots have been severed.
They friggin blow... were mediocre since 89, and now have a following of fags.

Kerad

Unless I point out that Metalica now sucks, in relation to what they were when they started,
Then its completely relevant and I don't even have to listen to the CD to know that the roots have been severed.

Since you have not heard the CD, your post IS completely irrelevant to the thread.

I'm so frakking sick of hearing all the
"Wah!!! It's not as good as my favorite Metallica album. Wah!!!!"

Guess what? Your favorite Metallica album is still sitting there for you to listen to.

Metallica in 2008 is different than Metallica in 1983. Get over it, for Batman's sakes.

I know I'm different than I was in 1983. If you're not...and you're stuck...than that's on you.

If you're so unhappy with Metallica lately, I would suggest you not read new posts about them. Go open up your March 1984 copy of Kerrang and reminisce.

The rest of us will enjoy their excellent new disc.

Fishn Guy

Since you have not heard the CD, your post IS completely irrelevant to the thread.

Guess what? Your favorite Metallica album is still sitting there for you to listen to.

Metallica in 2008 is different than Metallica in 1983. Get over it, for Batman's sakes.

I know I'm different than I was in 1983. If you're not...and you're stuck...than that's on you.

If you're so unhappy with Metallica lately, I would suggest you not read new posts about them. Go open up your March 1984 copy of Kerrang and reminisce.

It sucks though....
C'mon, you have better tatse.

B

Big Fatty

Jim Wendler has said it best...............

Jim,

We all know Metallica become emo and sold out after and justice but have you heard there new album "Death Magnetic" it's a return to there glory days im not sure I can stomach them anymore but the albums pretty good..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I heard the song "Enter Sandman" I stopped listening to Metallica. I am glad they are making money and hope they continue to do so. Expecting them to be the same people as they were in 1987 is ridiciulous. Because if that were the case, I'd still be dating Sarah Wille.

I won't listen to it because I simply don't care - I'll jam "Ride the Lightning" for a few spins this year and be happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metal up your Ass!,
Jim Wendler