Metallica's NEW Album - Death Magnetic

B

Big Fatty

Here is a pic included from Jim Wendler's post at EFS.com.

Attachments

• 1221239612677.jpg
    1221239612677.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 79

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Totally rocks!!!! I play it all day at work - got the plugs in and turn it up!!!!!

98 rock plays it a few times during the day - love it. I can tune out the little azz hat in the cubical next to me. He does nothing but gossip (like a little girl) and talk on the phone LOUD all day. I want to keeeeel him!!!!! :boxing:

B

Beth_kennedy

Since you have not heard the CD, your post IS completely irrelevant to the thread.

I'm so frakking sick of hearing all the

Guess what? Your favorite Metallica album is still sitting there for you to listen to.

Metallica in 2008 is different than Metallica in 1983. Get over it, for Batman's sakes.

I know I'm different than I was in 1983. If you're not...and you're stuck...than that's on you.

If you're so unhappy with Metallica lately, I would suggest you not read new posts about them. Go open up your March 1984 copy of Kerrang and reminisce.

The rest of us will enjoy their excellent new disc.

I'm stuck cuz I am still waiting for axel rose to get that effing album out and it has bee what over 10 years for guns n roses...off topic I know...

But the new Metallica album is great.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I'm looking forward to hearing the new album. My issue with Metallica in the 1990s was not necessarily that they had changed, but that they had seemed to betray their artistic principles. The lyrics on Load were several steps backward, and the song from Mission Impossible 2 was atrocious. I couldn't believe this was the same band that once sang about Jehovah's Witnesses and Dalton Trumbo novels. And the riffs on the album seemed bland and predictable, something that any other metal band could have created.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Also, the morning guy on 97.7 insists that "The Day That Never Comes" is a cannibalization of four older Metallica songs. Would you agree?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

...so far, Cyanide is crap song, drags on, boring.

My Apocalypse is more along the lines of what my good friend Kerad has been touting. Good song.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Also, the morning guy on 97.7 insists that "The Day That Never Comes" is a cannibalization of four older Metallica songs. Would you agree?

I'm listening right now. There are some chords that sound very familiar. Has Smokin Joe mentioned which songs? I can hear a little bit here and there, but it would help if I knew what to look for.

Overall I think this is a pretty solid CD. Nice pricetag as well.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Has Smokin Joe mentioned which songs? I can hear a little bit here and there, but it would help if I knew what to look for.

He did, but I can't remember the titles. One and Fade to Black may have been in the list.

K

kris31280

So it's worth the buy? I haven't been much of a fan since their black album (there isn't one song on there I dislike) but I'm always up for hearing new music.