Metrocast DVR

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
So my antique Tivo wouldn't work with the new digital signal.
No worries, MC has DVR's.....
Pop myself down to Hollywood Thursday and grab one. Bring home, connect and get

"ONE MOMENT PLEASE
"This channel should be available shortly"
Ref code S0a00
To be announced"​

Screen blinks about every 6 seconds.

Call tech support. We try EVERYTHING. Conclude unit is bad.
Go to Hollywood this morning and exchange unit. Same issue.

I think I read that it takes a long time to DL the initial channels. Is this what it's doing?

C

czygvtwkr

I recently got one and it worked right as soon as I plugged it in. But, I had the old HD converter box before and when the tech came and installed that he had to call the office to have them "hit it", it made a clicking noise and started working. Not sure what that was or if it is necessary with the new DVR or not.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I recently got one and it worked right as soon as I plugged it in. But, I had the old HD converter box before and when the tech came and installed that he had to call the office to have them "hit it", it made a clicking noise and started working. Not sure what that was or if it is necessary with the new DVR or not.
I called tech support again this am. Chick was baffled. They could "see" it but couldn't hit it with a signal.
Tech will be here Tuesday between 2 & 5.

I have a sneaky feeling it is a setting on my TV. Everything work fine when I bypass the DVR.

C

czygvtwkr

I called tech support again this am. Chick was baffled. They could "see" it but couldn't hit it with a signal.
Tech will be here Tuesday between 2 & 5.

I have a sneaky feeling it is a setting on my TV. Everything work fine when I bypass the DVR.

Have you tried the HDMI and the AV outputs? I have had problems with a Toshiba TV doing the proper HDMI handshake with my Roku but the AV inputs always work because there is nothing smart about them.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Have you tried the HDMI and the AV outputs? I have had problems with a Toshiba TV doing the proper HDMI handshake with my Roku but the AV inputs always work because there is nothing smart about them.
I tried all HDMI ports and also took a coax cable direct from DVR to TV. Signal just won't go thru the DVR.

C

czygvtwkr

I tried all HDMI ports and also took a coax cable direct from DVR to TV. Signal just won't go thru the DVR.

Silly question, did you have the TV on CH3 when you tried out the coax?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Silly question, did you have the TV on CH3 when you tried out the coax?
Not a silly question (when asking me) :lol:

Yea I did. I have 3 remotes to use now so I double checked.....
  • DTA remote
  • DVR remote
  • TV remote

JFC!

C

czygvtwkr

Not a silly question (when asking me) :lol:

Yea I did. I have 3 remotes to use now so I double checked.....
  • DTA remote
  • DVR remote
  • TV remote

JFC!

Another silly question....you do know with the DVR you take the DTA out of the picture right (disconnect it)?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Now I have to figure how to get rid of closed captioning and make the volume button work.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I have two of these buttons and the volume control does not work on either of them. I still have to use the tv remotes for that. The Metrocast remotes are different than the ones in 2012. I have asked for the older ones but have been told they don't have them.

dog lover

I have two of these buttons and the volume control does not work on either of them. I still have to use the tv remotes for that. The Metrocast remotes are different than the ones in 2012. I have asked for the older ones but have been told they don't have them.

If you have model 2025B1-B1 (Located on the back of the remote.) You can try holding the Setup button until the mode key blinks twice.
Press the volume + key.
Press the mode key that corresponds to the device you use for volume controls.

If you have model OFE-0874B
Press the OK/SEL button and Cable button simultaneously for 3 seconds. The device LED will turn on for 30 seconds. The next step must be performed while the LED is on.
Press the Vol + button. The device LED will blink.
Press TV button. The device LED will blink twice to confirm the programming.

Sometimes you have to try reprogramming the remote with a different code even if you are able to channel up/down on the remote. Hope this helps.