MHS Kids Elect Bush

Sparx

vraiblonde said:
We're taking our middle daughter, President of the VRWC, with us when we vote so she can see it in action. Our neighbor is the head of the Frederick County Republican National Committee, so the daughter ran across the street to get some Bush stickers, signs, t-shirts, etc. While there, the neighbor mentioned that she was trying to round up rah-rahs to stand outside the polls and hand out literature. So guess where Baby will be all day on Nov. 2?

:lol:

For once I am impressed. I think most of our kids should be involved in the democratic process (depending on their ages.)
BTW thats what it is known as, not the republic process
To bad my daughters vote will be cancelling yours every time

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sparx said:
She can't vote - she's only 14. Our son is going for Bush, though - your daughter can cancel out his vote.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
vraiblonde said:
She can't vote - she's only 14. Our son is going for Bush, though - your daughter can cancel out his vote.

I don't think it should be suggested that anybody's vote cancels anyone elses out. :moon:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Sparx said:
For once I am impressed. I think most of our kids should be involved in the democratic process (depending on their ages.)
BTW thats what it is known as, not the republic process
Uh...could it be the voting process? Does not matter what you call it. The truth is we live in a republic.

"A Republic, madam, if you can hold on to it!"

- Benjamin Franklin, responding to a lady in a crowd, who, at the close of the Constitutional Convention, called out, "Mr. Franklin! What kind of a government have you given us?!"
- Sept. 17, 1787

SmallTown

Football season!
2ndAmendment said:
The truth is we live in a republic.
I think it's an image thing. People hear republic, and think People's Republic Of China which is definately not the image we want to portray. So we default to democracy. Sounds much better. :shrug:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
SmallTown said:
I think it's an image thing. People hear republic, and think People's Republic Of China which is definately not the image we want to portray. So we default to democracy. Sounds much better. :shrug:
Funny, I don't think that, but then I know what a republic is, and I know the People's Republic Of China is certainly not a republic. The problem with calling the U.S. a democracy is that it gives a false idea of what to expect from government. In a true democracy, every voter votes on every law, appropriation, etc. The legislature does not pass laws; they only propose them; then the laws go to referendum.

SmallTown

Football season!
2ndAmendment said:
Funny, I don't think that, but then I know what a republic is, and I know the People's Republic Of China is certainly not a republic. The problem with calling the U.S. a democracy is that it gives a false idea of what to expect from government. In a true democracy, every voter votes on every law, appropriation, etc. The legislature does not pass laws; they only propose them; then the laws go to referendum.
And we think nothing really gets done now. I couldn't imagine.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
SmallTown said:
And we think nothing really gets done now. I couldn't imagine.
Imagine Switzerland. It may have changed, but at one time they were the world's only true democracy. Except, at that time, women were not allowed to vote. That was in the late 1960s. Worked for them. Personal freedoms were at a peak. A bit off topic, but every Swiss home was armed. Switzerland still has more shooters per capita and the lowest rate of firearms used in crime, accidental death by firearms, etc. In some cantons, if I were Swiss and could afford ti, I could have an F-15 as I understand it. The Swiss government sells surplus weapons to the citizens.