Michael Moore/Bill O'Reilly Interview

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by penncam

You all know, when you wake yourselves up in the morning, you eventually go to the mirror; what does this guy see?

probably not much unless he has a triple mirror :cheesy:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Moore was on HBO 'Real Time with Bill Maher' tonight. Pretty funny stuff between him and Rep. David Dreir. If you can catch it it is a worthy debate between the two.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:confused: The letter to Moore says, "In an instance that The Pantagraph prints materials in which there is a mistake, it is corrected. It is our hope that you would adhere to the same high ethical standard and correct the inaccurate information which has been depicted in your film."

In its news story, the paper said, "The letter calls into question the ethics of how Moore made his movie, a movie whose primary purpose is to call into question the ethics of the Bush White House."

Surely, they cannot be serious. Do they really believe this guy will clean up his "mistake", and set the record straight?

:lmao: :lmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by Spoiled
From what i have seen oreily does add his own spin to things, and makes up facts.
Yeah, he does have his own spin, but makes up facts? That's a pretty serious charge. Got any evidence of that?

About the debate, I thought O'Reilly could have shut Moore up pretty quick by saying something like "Webster defines lie as to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive."

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by ylexot
Yeah, he does have his own spin, but makes up facts? That's a pretty serious charge. Got any evidence of that?

About the debate, I thought O'Reilly could have shut Moore up pretty quick by saying something like "Webster defines lie as to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive."
#1: Yep, as a matter of fact O'Reilly challenges anybody to support those charges and people who allege them; anytime, anywhere - just come on the show and we'll debate it.

Not many takers show up though.

#2: O'Reilly danced around that premise pretty much most of the interview, trying to get Moore to see that it's one thing to tell an outright lie, and quite another to offer up something because it appears you were misinformed.

Moore had his blinders on, as well as his earplugs and never got the message O'Reilly was trying to explain to him.

Spoiled

Originally posted by ylexot

." [/B]
To be honest, at this given time i dont have much evidence of him making stuff up but i will leave you with this... hopefuly it will keep you happy until i have time tommorow to compile more evidence...

o'reilly said he had won a peabody award while anchoring "Inside Eddition" infact several... He said this several times... This is not true as its not listed here...
http://www.peabody.uga.edu/archives/

It later turned out that the show had won a lesser known polk award - AFTER oreilly left the show

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It later turned out that the show had won a lesser known polk award - AFTER oreilly left the show
This is what drives me crazy. Al Franken was busting on Inside Edition and O'Reilly got pizzed and was defending the show by saying it (not he) won a Peabody. In fact, the show won the Polk Award (which is just as prestigious) and O'Reilly merely had a brain fart. If you consider something like that "making things up", then I don't know what to tell you.

C

czygvtwkr

Take heart, usually a University is very strict on such matters. I had a class once where I basically called the professor a pinko commie and still got an A in it.

This guy was really bad, it was my first semester of college and I still thought the democrats were the good party to belong to.

It was just an elective (Social Problems) though.

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by vraiblonde
This is what drives me crazy. Al Franken was busting on Inside Edition and O'Reilly got pizzed and was defending the show by saying it (not he) won a Peabody. In fact, the show won the Polk Award (which is just as prestigious) and O'Reilly merely had a brain fart. If you consider something like that "making things up", then I don't know what to tell you.
Not only that, but O'Reilly has admitted several times that he messed up that fact.

Got anything else Spoiled?

Spoiled

In addition to saying that he won it he later said on march 13 of 2000 "Guy says about me, couple weeks ago, O'Reilly said he won a Peabody Award. Never said it. You cant find a transcript where i said it. You--there is no one on earth you could bring in that would say i said it."

A muslim caller also pointed out to him that he compared the Koran to Mein Kampf... Oreilly's response was "No i didnt. Thats a total lie."
If you recall that july 7, 2002 factor there was an issue at University of NC, the school had issues "Approaching the Qur'an: The Early Revalations" reading material for incoming freshmen... Oreilly's response was:

I don’t know what this serves to take a look at our enemy’s religion. See” I mean, I wouldn’t give people a book during World War II on the emperor is God in Japan, would you? . . . I wouldn’t read the book. And I’ll tell you why: I wouldn’t have read Mein Kampf either. If I were going to UNC in 1941, and you, Professor, said “Read Mein Kampf,” I would have said, “Hey, Professor, with all due respect, shove it. I ain’t reading it.”

Those are just a few (referenced from http://www.lyingliar.com/lies/oreilly/)

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=bill_oreilly is the most important of them all

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
he compared the Koran to Mein Kampf
Are you saying that because of the quote you just referenced? You may want to look up the definition of the word "comparison".

And I notice you're getting your information from Al Franken's site, which is nothing more than a shill for his book and his other Leftist propaganda. Shall I jump on a KKK website and use them to make a case against non-Aryans?

Spoiled

Are you saying that because of the quote you just referenced? You may want to look up the definition of the word "comparison".

And I notice you're getting your information from Al Franken's site, which is nothing more than a shill for his book and his other Leftist propaganda. Shall I jump on a KKK website and use them to make a case against non-Aryans?
They are valid points, people asked for proof i got it now you are saying "its not proof its from a site of a guy that hates him" well no duh... What fan site of oreilly would have this stuff on it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They are valid points, people asked for proof i got it
You might want to look up the definition of the word "proof" while you're at it.

However, by your definition, here's some proof that Al Franken is a liar and you can't believe a word he says.

ylexot

Super Genius
Those are just a few (referenced from http://www.lyingliar.com/lies/oreilly/)

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=bill_oreilly is the most important of them all
:killingme Did you mean to post these sites as a joke?

Let's see...the first one goes through Franken's book and dissects/debunks all of his claims (if you couldn't tell, it's not Al Franken's official web site).

The other one (you know, "the most important of them all") offers nothing but hate. No facts, no basis, just hate. Do you get all your information from sites like that?

ylexot

Super Genius
And I notice you're getting your information from Al Franken's site, which is nothing more than a shill for his book and his other Leftist propaganda.
Actually, he didn't. From the main page:
Welcome to Al Franken's official web site. This website is not an emotional vicious smear job on anyone, which should immediately tip you off that it is not really Al Franken's official web site. But don't worry - It's just 'satire' so it's not really a lie (so I'm told). This website is not here to defend Republicans, conservatives, or the current administration. It is not here to make you fall in love with Ann Coulter or Bill O'Reilly or even HATE Al Franken. Instead it is here because Al Franken is an activist masquerading as a 'satirist' who deliberately smears and defames people he disagrees with and people searching for the truth should have the recourse to find it. His latest book purports to expose liars when in fact it is filled with spin, trickery and many examples of items that, if held to Franken's own standards, are outright LIES to Franken himself.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:biggrin: You know I had to read some of the "FrankenLies" most of them are good; but this one stood out for me:

#5: Franken Casts His Vote

On page 256 of Lies, Franken charges that the Republican party in Florida set out to "deliberately purge" "tens of thousands of blacks" before the 2000 presidential election. Franken doesn’t cite any source for this claim. No wonder.

The truth is that long before the 2000 election, the voter rolls in Florida were a monstrous mess, and voter fraud was a big problem.
For example, a man named Manuel Yip was a regular voter who cast ballots four times between 1993 and 1997.1 But when the 2000 election rolled around, his name was nowhere to be found on the voter rolls.
Why? Was it a Florida Republican Party gone rabid, as Franken would claim, trying to "deliberately purge" potentially damaging Democratic votes?

Was Yip a convicted felon?

The answer is no to both. Yip had been dead for nearly eight years.2 Yet he had cast ballots in four Florida elections.3 This should amaze everyone but Shirley MacLaine.

:rolleyes:

ylexot

Super Genius
That's even better! :lmao:
I thought so too. I guess Spoiled couldn't figure it out. The site has some pretty good suff on it like this one that talks about everyone that calls the Bush admin liars.

There's also one that says:
Coping With The Truth...A step by step game plan guide for Al Franken Fans on how to overcome the embarrassment, save face and generally make yourself feel better about supporting his lies, hypocrisy and overall lack of credibility. (coming soon)
Too bad it's not done yet...Spoiled could use that one :biggrin: