Military memes

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

I was lucky to watch them fire this off a few times. What an incredible sound. Just think, somewhere in the world, that was the last sound that someone heard.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Anybody or any piece of equipment destroyed by Phalanx never heard it. At round speed of 3600 ft/s, three times the speed of sound, they were dead before the sound even got to their fnal breath position.

Still, I get the thrust of the meme:p

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
View attachment 152002

I was lucky to watch them fire this off a few times. What an incredible sound. Just think, somewhere in the world, that was the last sound that someone heard.

View from my favorite spot on 01 deck whilst cruising the Caribbean....

Way back in the late 80s we tested the GAU-12 for use on smaller combatant craft. Good times.

Last edited:

WingsOfGold

It amazes me how many of those that I served with that are now getting 100% disability. Many only 3 or 4 years and quite frankly didn't do shiit. AME's in a transport squadron, AZ's that got their tits caught in a typewriter ect., :rolleyes: I NEED hearing aids and the tinnitus about drives me insane but I have no clue of how to go about it with the VA. Pride, stupidity.... maybe both?

Reactions: BOP

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It amazes me how many of those that I served with that are now getting 100% disability. Many only 3 or 4 years and quite frankly didn't do shiit. AME's in a transport squadron, AZ's that got their tits caught in a typewriter ect., :rolleyes: I NEED hearing aids and the tinnitus about drives me insane but I have no clue of how to go about it with the VA. Pride, stupidity.... maybe both?
1 of the service organizations can help you begin the process. The DAV or Legion can help you. Good luck.

BOP

Yeah, same wrt tinnitus. I can't hardly hear out of my left ear, and the tinnitus is worse in that one. Sometimes it wakes me up in the wee hours, not that I wasn't already chronically sleep-deprived. I listen to rain on youtube a lot of nights, and that does seem to keep my inner noise to a manageable level. Youtube normally times out after x-number of songs, but it'll play a single song that's 3-hours or longer just fine, 9 times out of 10.
Oh, and phuck the VA.

Besides, I did okay for myself as far as savings and all that, so more for the guys and gals who really need it. Including the ones with all the flight gear, but no rating.