Military memes

DaSDGuy

Because a woman has to pack the stuff a man forgets and will surely ask her later if she remembered to pack.

Tooth picks
Shaving cream
Hemorrhoid cream
Aftershave
Favorite TP
Toothpaste
Toothbrush
Underwear
Tylenol
Favorite pillow
ETC.!
I've never forgotten toothbrush/toothpaste in my life. And all those items are luxuries not needed over a 7 day cruise. However, if I took hemorrhoid removal cream with me there would be no liberals on the ship.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
sparrow.jpg

itsbob

I bowl overhand
1 of the service organizations can help you begin the process. The DAV or Legion can help you. Good luck.
There are two locals, one lives here in Dameron.. Tracey knows his name. Call and he'll tell you where to meet.. I think theybset up a table at Tractor Supply once or twice a month.

Makavide

Not too talkative
There are two locals, one lives here in Dameron.. Tracey knows his name. Call and he'll tell you where to meet.. I think theybset up a table at Tractor Supply once or twice a month.
There is a DAV representative who holds a VA Service Officer Assistance Clinic every Wednesday from 1000 to 1300 hours at:

Local Lodge 4 Machinist Hall
21795 Suite C. North Shangri La Drive
Lexington Park, MD 20653

www.davch26stmarysmd.com

OccamsRazor

It amazes me how many of those that I served with that are now getting 100% disability.
It amazes me how many people I see that are apparently 100% disabled who are driving around in a Benz, 700-series BMW, Cadillac, etc. and are chilling at the gym doing their workouts. I know far too many veterans that are suffering from injuries sustained during their service that aren't getting sh!t.
In case you don't know, 100% disabled get at least $3K/month tax free.

WingsOfGold

Pretty much my point, no I didn't know they were raking in
It amazes me how many people I see that are apparently 100% disabled who are driving around in a Benz, 700-series BMW, Cadillac, etc. and are chilling at the gym doing their workouts. I know far too many veterans that are suffering from injuries sustained during their service that aren't getting sh!t.
In case you don't know, 100% disabled get at least $3K/month tax free.
3K? Just thought it was their base pay plus colas. I've had MANY post service surgeries, they may have happened anyway, maybe not due to age so I never pursued. I'd be happy with hearing aids but don't feel like playing hurry up and wait anymore.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When my wife was riffed in August 1994 (13 years, 3 months and 4 days after commissioning), the transition assistance person did help her with going over her medical records. A year later, VA gave her a 30%. A few years later, a review upped that to 70%. She was out of work from August 1997 - August 2012 due to PTSD and other effects of her service connected disabilities. She received no stipend for several years as federal law allows the VA to consider the $50,000 separation "bonus" she got when riffed as a lump sum disability payment, which must be paid back. Inquired to the IRS about getting a refund of the taxes. They said, yes the VA can do that, but the money was taxable at the time, so no refund.

She was a field test engineer, usually remote locations stateside. However, she was in Kuwait in August 1990 when Iraq attacked. They got out not far ahead of the assault on the Kuwaiti base. She was in Saudi, was at a base that got hit by SCUDs. She had other injuries from when in the field.

One might see that August is not really our favorite month.

She drives my 2009 Pontiac Vibe, as her knee trouble has worsened and she can no longer drive her 2015 Ford Focus with the manual transmission.

She's been at NAVAIR 10 1/2 years and likes the job.

• Wow
Reactions: BOP