Mill Run Farm?? Welcome Maryland?

T

TWHFAN1

Small World

BrassieChic said:
I took lessons there also from Pat Taylor who used to own it. I loved it there and Pat was a wonderful instructor! :howdy:

Totally out of the blue a very good friend of Pat's was at my work barn today looking at some horses! She was telling me that Pat had passed and I was like....Huh, I just read that on SoMd.com I am all the way over yonder in Va! So it was a wierd thing..... :yikes:

1spirit

Just another question about Mill Run memories - I know that when it was up and running there was a lady that worked there also named Joan, then there was the farrier - Jake and his helper Keith who ended up getting married to Joan. Then when I rode I showed against a Sherrie Coates whose family owned a farm that raised Arabians on the other side of LaPlata "Wheatleys" was their last name, and I think they even had a small tack store at the place. Just curious!!

R

riderup

1spirit said:
Just another question about Mill Run memories - I know that when it was up and running there was a lady that worked there also named Joan, then there was the farrier - Jake and his helper Keith who ended up getting married to Joan. Then when I rode I showed against a Sherrie Coates whose family owned a farm that raised Arabians on the other side of LaPlata "Wheatleys" was their last name, and I think they even had a small tack store at the place. Just curious!!
Joan and Keith are still married. He is my blacksmith. Another great person. Wheatleys is a tack store and they have some horses there still. Jake is still around too.

Last edited by a moderator:

1spirit

Wow, when you see Keith and Joan tell them I said "Hi" I know that Joan was pregnant at one time - do they have kids? Jake he must be retired now? Boy - memories!!

R

riderup

1spirit said:
Wow, when you see Keith and Joan tell them I said "Hi" I know that Joan was pregnant at one time - do they have kids? Jake he must be retired now? Boy - memories!!
I don't know who you are, but I will tell Keith 'someone' said hi. They have a grown daughter. Jake is still an active blacksmith.

1spirit

Oh sorry, tell him this is Cindy I used to work out there and had Joker's Wild the white pony - I was there when Beth was there - he will remember.

thanks

R

riderup

1spirit said:
Oh sorry, tell him this is Cindy I used to work out there and had Joker's Wild the white pony - I was there when Beth was there - he will remember.

thanks
Ok, I will pass it on! :howdy:

ilovehorses1

I heard that Mr. Facchina wanted to turn Mill Run farm into a glue factory for old horses; apparantly the horse stables provide a good deal of 'holding space', and the price of U.S. horse glue is at an all time high in China. However, permit problems and enviormental coalitions have swayed Mr. Facchina from choosing this option. The other alternatives include (1)an oil refinary for Southern Maryland Oil (+ storage of natural gas) OR (2)an institution for the mentally ill (partnered with Mellwood). However, these options will probably give way to the most logical, which is (3)the creation of 275 low income homes. This will provide those unfortunate individuals with a good place to live until they get on their feet. I think this is better than turning it into a 'glue farm'. The only problem with this is that it may increase traffic in the area. But the good news is that no horses will be killed and others can enjoy the beauty of Welcome just as we do everyday.

bhoffman

theres no need to start spreading rumors about people its all he said she said kind of stuff so lets not think what might happen to the farm the facchinas can do what ever they want with the farm. as of right now there are 2 horses there and we trail ride on the trails there so i dont see anything happening anytime soon. its also hunted.

ilovehorses1

I heard from a very reliable source that the farm was going to be turned into a state-of-the-art fettuccini alfredo factory? Apparently there was a fire in Northern Italy which destroyed the old factory, and since Mr. Facchina and Chef Boyardee are such close friends, he has allowed the factory to be built on Mill-Run. The bad news with this is that fettuccini alfredo sauce has been linked to birth defects in baby horses (and certian breeds of pony)! Fortunately, I own no pony's or baby horses, but those of you that do may want to get your horses vaccinated with a anti-alfredo sauce serum.

HorseLover4Real

Horse Enthusiast
ilovehorses1 said:
The bad news with this is that fettuccini alfredo sauce has been linked to birth defects in baby horses (and certian breeds of pony)!

In Regards to the previous statement, I have in fact heard something about the possibility of an Alfredo Pasta factory being built on the property which will produce both Alfredo Sauce and Alfredo Pasta. Now, although you may have some valid concerns about the possibility of birth defects, your facts need to be adjusted a bit. You see, the Alfredo Sauce is not the sole problem here. The problems lie not only with the Alfredo Sauce, but with the Pasta as well. The proposed Alfredo Pasta Factory presents two major problems to our Horses.
First, what happens when our horses are exposed to the pasta? Raw or uncooked yeast-based dough/pasta can not only expand in the stomach as it rises, causing an obstruction or intestinal rupture, yeast can form alcohol when it rises, which could potentially result in the alcohol poisoning of our animals.
Secondly, Garlic, Onions, and Chives, are all key ingredients to any good Alfredo Sauce. These plants are Allium Species. Allium species contain sulfur compounds known as disulfides, which if ingested in large quantities can cause gastrointestinal irritation and could even result in the damage and destruction of red blood cells. Horses are susceptible to Allium poisoning if enough plant material/spice is consumed. Therefore, the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center advises animal owners to avoid feeding horses’ onions, garlic and other Allium plants.
This is truly a lethal combination that needs to be taken care of before Southern Maryland turns into a Horse Graveyard. Please feel free to email me at HorseLover4Real@marylandsaddle.com for any suggestions or concerns. God Bless Southern Maryland, and God Bless our Horses!! Giddy Up!

Last edited:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
bhoffman said:
theres no need to start spreading rumors about people its all he said she said kind of stuff so lets not think what might happen to the farm the facchinas can do what ever they want with the farm. as of right now there are 2 horses there and we trail ride on the trails there so i dont see anything happening anytime soon. its also hunted.
From what I see it looks like he is using it for a storage yard. See construction materials going in and out. Also a couple horses out front sometimes.

ilovehorses1

I agree with Magnum, I drove by Mill Run farm last night and saw alot of construction related barrels stored throughout the farm; upon closer inspection I relized that the barrels were owned by the US government (printed on the outside of barrel). Having no idea what I was looking at I called a friend who accompanied me to the farm; after a brief inspection he figured they were part of the governments secret X95-t program. According to my firend, each barrel contianed a human cadaver soaked in P-45 amonium dioxide hydroponic. Although the barrels were designed by the Army Corp. of engineers and have no history of leaking, they could! What I am worried about is another big tornado striking southern maryland and damaging the barrels. According to my friend If that happended, and the 'cadavers' were released, they would immediately turn into zombies and begin terroizing Welcome and our horses. We all know zombies can't run fast, but that dosent matter when our horses are tied up in barns. The last thing I want is to find a dozen zombies eating my horse. Granted, Mr. Facchina owns the property, but that doesn't give him the right to put the lives of our horses in jepordy by allowing the storage of zombies on Mill Run. Whats next? Goblins on Mill Run. Do you know what a bunch of goblins can do to a healthy horse? For your sake, I hope not. We really need to do something; I thought that the creation of a gravel mine was the worst thing that could happen to Mill Run, but after this discovery I see it is not. Let's get these zombies out of Welcome!!!

Last edited:

SlowTwist

(]~o~[)
ilovehorses1 said:
I agree with Magnum, I drove by Mill Run farm last night and saw alot of construction related barrels stored throughout the farm; upon closer inspection I relized that the barrels were owned by the US government (printed on the outside of barrel). Having no idea what I was looking at I called a friend who accompanied me to the farm; after a brief inspection he figured they were part of the governments secret X95-t program. According to my firend, each barrel contians 1 human cadaver soaked in P-45 amonium dioxide hydroponic. Although the barrels were designed by the Army Corp. of engineers and have no history of leaking, they could! Everyone knows that the barrels are filled toxis substances, but the most disturbing aspect of these barrels is the 'zombies' contianed in them (they are hybernating). What I am worried about is another big tornado striking southern maryland and damaging the barrels. If that happended, and the 'cadavers' were released they would immediately turn into zombies and begin terroizing Welcome and our horses. We all know zombies can't run fast, but that dosent matter when our horses are tied up in barns. The last thing I want is to find a dozen zombies eating my horse. Granted, Mr. Facchina owns the property, but that doesn't give him the right to put the lives of our horses in jepordy by allowing the storage of zombies on Mill Run. Whats next? Goblins on Mill Run. Do you know what a bunch of goblins can do to a healthy horse? For your sake, I hope not. We really need to do something; I thought that the creation of a gravel mine was the worst thing that could happen to Mill Run, but after this discovery I see it is not. Let's get these zombies out of Welcome!!!

:smack: you are dumb

HorseLover4Real

Horse Enthusiast
ilovehorses1 said:
According to my friend If that happended, and the 'cadavers' were released, they would immediately turn into zombies and begin terroizing Welcome and our horses. .

Zombies? Now thats a bit outlandish and a bit ridiculous. There is however some truth to what you have found on Mill Run but your facts are off a bit.
I was hired by the Facchinas at one time to watch over Mill Run and some of the horses being boarded there. Mill Run was being used to store construction supplies for several years. Recently there were numerous barrels with "US Government" printed on them showing up. When I asked about the barrels, I was immediately Fired and my life threatened.
I have gone back every couple days since to visit with my beloved horse friends and continued to see more and more barrels being stock piled.
Last night I decided to look into the "US Government" barrels. After hours of trying to open them, I finally was able to get access to one of them.
There was infact a corpse or cadaver of some sort inside. There body had not decomposed at all, in fact it looked to be alive. The barrel was filled with a red liquid, very consistant with human or animal blood. After I got the corpse out of the barrel I found something that made me wish I never came back to Mill Run. I emptied the liquid out and turned the barrel upside down and found a "Stamp of Origin". Transylvania, Romania.
Thats right, these are not Zombies or Goblins, they are Vampires. The Facchinas are going to make a Modern Day Vampire Factory in Welcome!!
Vampires not only kill innocent humans and drink their blood, they also kill Horses and drink their blood. These Vampires are not only going to kill the residents of Welcome Maryland, but kill our beloved horses. This must be stopped immediately and the proper authorities contacted. God Bless Southern Maryland and God Bless our Horses!!!! Giddy Up.

Last edited:

Nitrospeed16

ilovehorses1 said:
I agree with Magnum, I drove by Mill Run farm last night and saw alot of construction related barrels stored throughout the farm; upon closer inspection I relized that the barrels were owned by the US government (printed on the outside of barrel). Having no idea what I was looking at I called a friend who accompanied me to the farm; after a brief inspection he figured they were part of the governments secret X95-t program. According to my firend, each barrel contianed a human cadaver soaked in P-45 amonium dioxide hydroponic. Although the barrels were designed by the Army Corp. of engineers and have no history of leaking, they could! What I am worried about is another big tornado striking southern maryland and damaging the barrels. According to my friend If that happended, and the 'cadavers' were released, they would immediately turn into zombies and begin terroizing Welcome and our horses. We all know zombies can't run fast, but that dosent matter when our horses are tied up in barns. The last thing I want is to find a dozen zombies eating my horse. Granted, Mr. Facchina owns the property, but that doesn't give him the right to put the lives of our horses in jepordy by allowing the storage of zombies on Mill Run. Whats next? Goblins on Mill Run. Do you know what a bunch of goblins can do to a healthy horse? For your sake, I hope not. We really need to do something; I thought that the creation of a gravel mine was the worst thing that could happen to Mill Run, but after this discovery I see it is not. Let's get these zombies out of Welcome!!!

Please get your facts straight.
There are no "cadavers" at mill run farm. Honestly, if there were "top secret" government projects going on, do you really think they would keep them in a minimum security, easily broken into, horse barn on a well traveled road?? You've posted several "ideas" about what's being built or done at the farm. But the debate between Facchina and the residents of welcome has been going on for a year now and has been well published in newspapers..including the MD Independent and the washington post.
Read more about the gravel mine project here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/26/AR2006072600085.html
I'm a resident of the area, and I'll admit it was a beautiful horse farm when it was in service. Although it's a shame that it was sold, and possibly will be turned into commercial use, I doubt many people would have been able to afford a property that had an asking price of $4 million and only had a good perc test in one spot.