Mini Oil Heater

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Finding a number of videos on YouTube about folks in Great Britain looking for alternate means to heat this winter. Fuel oil has gotten very expensive, so people are turning to wood and "other" heat sources. One that keeps popping up is this little oil heater made in China, good for small spaces. Apparently it will burn just about any combustible oil from Kero to diesel to mineral to used transmission fluid. Very inexpensive to buy, and this guy did a quick cost analysis vs electric. And seems pretty easy to dismantle and clean if it gets gummed up. Works on 12VDC, about 120 watts startup, less than 60 watts running.

OTOH, it's just a modernization of old tech. I've been using a vented kero heater for over 30 years in the ex's greenhouses and now my garage. I've had my current Monitor 441 since '95, never had to service it. Draws air from the outside, vents exhaust to the outside, 40,000 BTUs. Won't be using it much this winter with the price of kero and diesel.
monitor.jpeg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The Mother Earth News Magazine had a DIY article in 1978, and sold plans for many years, to build a waste oil burning heater.
Here's an article updating the project from 2006.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:lol: I haven't read a copy of Mother Earth News since my long hair Eco-Rebel days in the 70s. They did have some good how-to.
I subscribed for quite a few years. Cancelled when the Shuttleworths retired and a bunch of Yuppies bought the magazine.